Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Being fit is a life long process, if you don't start young you're most likely fucked. Suck it up princess. LWS is a great technical skier but someone his age should be able to run circles around me instead of the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Being fit is a life long process, if you don't start young you're most likely fucked. Suck it up princess. LWS is a great technical skier but someone his age should be able to run circles around me instead of the opposite.
    Not true. I didn't make fitness a priority until I was in my early 20's. Never too late to get serious. Well, unless you're 400 pounds. Then you're fucked.

Is NW Skier Ripped?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think he means that being fit in a happy, stable, long term groove is a lifestyle and should come naturally.

Many of the born-again-fit adults that make a change mid-life (get into CrossFit etc.) don't do it for the right reasons and fall off the bandwagon after a few months/years.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Not true. I didn't make fitness a priority until I was in my early 20's. Never too late to get serious. Well, unless you're 400 pounds. Then you're fucked.
    Early 20s is young for fuck's sake. I'm 50 and the only reason I'm fit is because I stayed active through my 20s and entire adult life. The only people that I have trouble keeping up with is kids in their 20s and early 30s who are doing what I did when I was that age.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    but jesski still regrets not having backup pair of the a 2010 Volkl Aura so she said we should do it.
    What length 2010 Aura? I bought Mrs. LVs a pair but we decided they weren't what she was wanting...

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    What length 2010 Aura? I bought Mrs. LVs a pair but we decided they weren't what she was wanting...
    170. Feel free to PM her if you're interested in unloading. I can't remember if she's still looking or not. Honestly, it's hard to get her to ski anything but her 12.13 176 Billy Goats these days.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Early 20s is young for fuck's sake. I'm 50 and the only reason I'm fit is because I stayed active through my 20s and entire adult life. The only people that I have trouble keeping up with is kids in their 20s and early 30s who are doing what I did when I was that age.
    ^^^
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Is NW Skier Ripped?
    As far as you know.
    Getting a woody?

Is NW Skier Ripped?

Super fuckin veiny, brah. Try and keep up.

People always compliment me by telling me how vein I am.

LWS is a great technical skier but someone his age should be able to run circles around me instead of the opposite.
    My conditioning has been awful the last few years. I attribute it to being consumed by work and not taking the time to make it a priority. Unfortunately cardio fitness rewards commitment and is a lifestyle thing. In my younger days I developed a binge/purge type fitness regime involving crossfit and powerlifting. I convinced myself I didn't need lsd cardio. Never built a real habit around it unfortunately. Now at the eve of my 28th year, I have started to take it seriously but it's an uphill battle to fully integrate it in my life.

Is NW Skier Ripped?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I think he means that being fit in a happy, stable, long term groove is a lifestyle and should come naturally.

Many of the born-again-fit adults that make a change mid-life (get into CrossFit etc.) don't do it for the right reasons and fall off the bandwagon after a few months/years.
    Yes this. I got in to fitness via Crossfit. It taught me a lot of bad habits that fed in to my weird OCD personallity. Trying to reprogram.

Do (have) you guys (ever) lifted consistently during ski season, and recovered fine? Lifting 3-4 days a week, and skiing 3-4 days a week? I feel like I just hit a wall. I probably just need more water and better nutrition.

LWS, what age did you get married?

Trying to reprogram.
    https://www.amazon.com/Training-New-...e+new+alpinism
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

NW_skier is so ripped and vascular, his entire body looks like dick skin. Veiny and muscular. It's embarrassing to share a hot tub with him, as I look like a pudgy tub of hairy lard.

That's basically the goal of working out. To have arms that look like giant throbbing dicks. The ladies love it.
    HAH! Or if your into the 15yo boy look.

Do (have) you guys (ever) lifted consistently during ski season, and recovered fine? Lifting 3-4 days a week, and skiing 3-4 days a week? I feel like I just hit a wall. I probably just need more water and better nutrition.

No, I view ski season as equal to gym time and normally cut lifting sessions down to 1-2x a week. (although this year it's been zero)

I was 20.

I will check that out and give it a read.

FS: 191 Billygoats

You’re like 26, right?

That’s when shit starts getting a little real. Not saying you’re doomed. But at 32 I have to train more and eat better just to maintain than I did when I was 25 to make gains, cardio aside (needed cardio training at both ages and always fell pretty flat).

*edit by gains I mean gains in overall fitness, not bodybuilding gains.

"I'm all about fitness, fitness entire 12 pack in mah tummy."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2809.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	436.9 KB 
ID:	229313

I did in highschool but that doesn't help. I lifted twice a day during the week, once pretty easily for class, then again for wrestling before practice.

Currently I'm bouldering 1-3 hours 5-7 days a week plus skiing twice on the weekends. Not enough cardio but I'm starting to work that in and I'll be biking across the lake for work every day starting in a few weeks.

Work stress fucked things up this fall. Three 100+ hour seven day weeks plus trying to hold a relationship together got me to 205 from 195. I'm back down to 185 now, but I don't really like using weight as a benchmark, it's just convenient for my own mental accounting.

I meant to buy that book last season (or two seasons ago?) Just did it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    "I'm all about fitness, fitness entire 12 pack in mah tummy."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2809.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	436.9 KB 
ID:	229313
    Name:  1mj0kf.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  67.2 KB

I just want to say, this thread is much better than I could have ever imagined. I love you all.

So fitness is based entirely on appearance while wearing multiple layers of ski clothing? Gotcha. I'm not really concerned with appearances. Why scratch the face out? That was already posted here before.

So fitness is based entirely on appearance while wearing multiple layers of ski clothing? Gotcha. I'm not really concerned with appearances.
    Just the beer in your hand, right?

That's basically the goal of working out. To have arms that look like giant throbbing dicks. The ladies love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    You’re like 26, right?

That’s when shit starts getting a little real. Not saying you’re doomed. But at 32 I have to train more and eat better just to maintain than I did when I was 25 to make gains, cardio aside (needed cardio training at both ages and always fell pretty flat).
    I’ll be 27 in 3 months. I can tell my metabolism and recovery starting to slow down. Nothing crazy, but I’m very sensitive to that type of stuff. It’s unusual, but I’ll get over it. I can turn into a hypochondriac at times too, this could all just be from lackluster nutrition.

TGR comes in clutch for Aever’s physical and psychological issues.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I meant to buy that book last season (or two seasons ago?) Just did it.
    I probably don't need to tell you, but consistency and gradualness are key. If you get sick or injured and have to take substantial time off, you'll lose whatever fitness you've gained. Since I started using the programming in TFTNA two years ago, I've gotten the flu + pneumonia twice. Only this last training cycle did I start to figure out how not to "power through" workouts when I feel kinda okay but not great. I'm way better at pushing myself than listening to how I feel, but I'm slowly learning that taking a day or two off is fine, taking a week off isn't great, and taking more than a week is a problem.

I'm finally getting fitter. Nowhere near as fit as I'd like, but better than I was. I know it'll take a few more 6-12 month training cycles to get to where I'm comfortable, but I'll get there eventually if I do it consistently and gradually. It'll take another 5-10 years of consistent training to get to where I'm happy, so I just gotta remember I'm in it for the long haul.

photos

I have the House/Johnston book as well. Highly recommend it.

So who's in for some huge days on the volcanoes this spring? We can joke about the bygone days of hauling BillyGoats to the summit.