hey supergoat owners...

Anyone want to give a quick A/B on stiff layup SG's vs 189 BG's? I was planning on the BG but the in-stock SG's are tempting me...

I see some good feedback from Aever in the SG thread but not a ton otherwise. Guessing people have enough days on them now to talk about it a little. Trade-offs, input/speed required for the SG's vs the 189s, etc etc.

More than the flex, It’s the reduced tail rocker that really changes the feel of the ski. I don’t have much time on my SG’s, but they are much less pivoty, agile than the normal BG’s. With all the trees and right spaces in the PNW, I am finding them much less useful than I had hoped for. Just my honest, I’m not the best skier on this forum opinion.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I can't offer any feedback other than I need to get on a pair.

I've never ridden a BG and I jumped on the SG train. Im 5'10" and 205 nekkid.

The SG likes to go fast and it doesn't give a shit about soft chop. It just bulldozes the entire mountain at breakneck speeds. It's a hell of a ski. But like most skis that like to go straight down the fall line with minimal turns it isn't the easiest to ski in tight trees and big, hard bumps.

So OP if you're a big dude looking for a big ski the SG should be on your radar. It's a hell of a ride.

Thanks doods.

Trigger pulled on the 189 bg.

I’m 6’1”, 175 pounds soaking wet.

I’ve skied them in soft conditions ranging from over the head blower to kinda weird mank.

I’ve never skied the BG’s but have skied GPO’s, Lhasa pows, kusala, double helix, stormriders.

They are the easiest big ski I’ve ever been on. Pivot in tight trees, stomp landings, absolutely destroy crud. Easy in soft bumps....haven’t tried deep hard bumps.

On the groomed back to the lift they have no speed limit, come alive at speed, sluggish:skid going slow but still easy.

Mine are barely detuned, regular flex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear