Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lobster shacks - outdoors

Franconia Ridge is rad. Big hike though. Not sure what you're up for.

Name:  Franconia-8.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  116.5 KB

Name:  Cush-1.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  57.2 KB

Looks like Muscongus Bay Lobster in Round Pond...family has had a place in New Harbor since the 50's
    Name:  RP-lobster.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  73.5 KB
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound

rent a canoe near old forge and go out for a canoe camp on the northern forest canoe trail. tons of free camping and nice views (just add canoe)
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    rent a canoe near old forge and go out for a canoe camp on the northern forest canoe trail. tons of free camping and nice views (just add canoe)
    Wow ... that's awesome. Never knew it existed. Thx.

The Northern Forest Canoe Trail sounds like a whole different future trip of fishing, hiking, and camping. The GF even said that is a whole trip by it self.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    So we have set some mild frame work of plans down for the trip. I picked up a Sprinter pretty reasonable and am converting it into a RV

September 4th drive till I drop hopefully near Glen Falls NY crash in a parking lot some where in the van.

September 5th Drive towards Middlebury/ Bristol VT and stay at the Green Mountain Family Campgrounds for the night and take in some local sites and attractions maybe a little mountain biking.

September 6-7th head to the Franconia Notch area and find a camp ground to stay in and do some hiking and some mountain biking if I can sneak off. Looking for input on hikes and campgrounds with electric if possible but not required.

September 8th head towards Belfast/Camden/Rockport stay somewhere pretty nice for her birthday and find a decent restaurant?

September 9th-12th Acadia what shouldn’t I miss? My buddy from Montana swears the Travelin Lobster is the shit! AKA Soup Nazi

September 13th-15th is a blank slate all I want to do is be in western NY or PA to sleep for the 15th. I would like to stop off at Cuyahoga Falls on the way home on the 16th so I need a few hours for that but it can totally be bypassed.

Do you have any suggestions? Brewery’s places to eat, short hikes, mountain bike trails, must sees on the way home or to Acadia? I am pretty flexible the only must is Kancamagus Highway and Willard Mt for her so far.

What do you have for me? uglymoney and others have already gave me some good info just looking for more if possible.
    Camden Hills State Park...can hear the bell buoys from there.

For a quick build I think it will workClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180824_103327.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	244983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180703_210501.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	244984

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Beer:
    In VT, Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, and lots of others.
    In ME, Bissell Brothers, Foundation, Ox Bow, Maine Beer Company, and lots of others.

Portland:
    If you park on the eastern promenade in Portland, you will have an easy walk to pretty sick restaurants, all with legit beer lists. Lolita and the Blue Spoon and there's one other in Monjoy Hill, very close to your van. For quick pizza and good beer, Otto. Closer to the center, the Duck Fat/ East Ender block is choked with quality, if pricey restaurants.
    The West End has really excellent food, and, as everywhere in the city, great beer. Pai Men Miyake is solid, as is Bao Bao.

North Conway, if you drive the Kanc:
    I would schedule a day, or half day depending on fitness, and hike to the summit of Washington from Pinkham Notch. If you're coming in from the west, you can access from Crawford Notch, and you'll start higher/closer to treeline.
    For food in N. Conway, I'd stick with the Moat. Good beer and service. Food is fine. If you're looking for higher end, try the Cider Company in Glen/Bartlett.

Mt. Desert Island:
    The food in Southwest Harbor will, imo, be a step up from other towns. We didn't have a bad meal but XYZ, the mexican joint by Hinckley Yachts, was very good. Not a burrito joint for sure. Staff and owner can be a bit superior.
    Otherwise, the usual cliches about the island, popovers at Jordan Pond, the bbq joint in Bar Harbor.

Some of the best rock climbing in the north east in N. Conway. Otter Cliffs on MDI is spectacular but much shorter. If you just went to Otter Cliffs, all you'd need would be a top roping rack as there are good anchors.

Does anyone know any trusted mechanics around Bristol or Middlebury Vt or Franconia NH that would be good to change the tranny fluid on a Sprinter? It is getting by but I feel it may not make the round trip if not addressed.

Does anyone know any trusted mechanics around Bristol or Middlebury Vt or Franconia NH that would be good to change the tranny fluid on a Sprinter? It is getting by but I feel it may not make the round trip if not addressed.
    What is the issue you are having?

I am not completely sure Charlebois seemed to think a drive shaft but I am not sure.

+1 on hafjell Maine breweries. I’d as SOME.

If you are driving south after Acadia, Maine Beer Company is easy access in Freeport. Decent food and Lunch is one of my favorite IPAs.

If you need a campsite in Wells, call Elaine at Sea-Vu. The tent sites have a great view of the estuary, harbor and barrier islands. Take a SUP or kayak from the harbor.

Best donuts in the world are at Congdons.

If you plan to end up in the area I can offer dining, hiking and biking suggestions.

Maine Beer Cafe in Kittery is fantastic. $3 beers before 3pm. $4 b4 4, $5 b4 5. Great tap list. They also have a ton of board games to entertain.

If the trails are open, hit up the high peak trails that have metal ladders. Super cool, and you may see some falcons.

Beehive (?) hill has a huge wild blueberry grove at the top. They are ripe in August, so not sure if they still produce in September.

I am not completely sure Charlebois seemed to think a drive shaft but I am not sure.
    Huh?

All and all it.was a great trip and we got home without any big problems with the Sprinter. The weather was great and so was the hiking here are the best photos. Yeah I suck at photos sorry.Name:  85480.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  104.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180914_201136.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	248918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180913_113417.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	248919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180910_060422.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	248920

don’t put them all up at once!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Huh?
    As everyone says, Charlieboys

r-r-charlebois
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

You made it to the Glen. Noice.