I question the credibility of Gear Institute reviews after seeing this

Aren't these pretty much the same ski? So why would they score so far apart?

https://gearinstitute.com/gear-revie...ski-test-2016/

https://gearinstitute.com/gear-revie...ckland-fr-109/

No they aren’t the same ski.
    Pro tip - start by comparing tip rise and tail splay.
    Oh yea - tech talk Jong

Well this review pretty much states the successor to the automatic that it replaced is largely inferior.

You shouldn't trust most reviews anyway.

I semi-trust Blisters at the moment, but thats in fact all. And that will change as soon as I see them fuck up with being honest or making crap reviews where they ski something for three laps and write it up.

I question the credibility of anyone who uses the Gear Institute in a serious way. Or most any online gear review sites. (LeeLau excepted.)

The only reviews worth reading are here. But we only review red skis with 115mm waist and 190+ length.

No Señor jong, they are not the same ski. Compare stats, especially weights, on Blister Gear:
    http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-automatic-109
    http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...ackland-fr-109

It amuses me to use another gear review site to provide fact-checking.

IMO blistergear is about as good as it gets right now for ski reviews. They state their assumptions and give you enough information that you can sort through biases and drill to what you want. Their boot reviews in particular are a gear nerds dork fest that i can appreciate

I haven't skied the Automatic/Backlands 109s but I have the 102s and they're pretty different. Even construction is different. Wouldn't doubt the 109s would also be different

Do you perfer the Automatics or the Backlands? I had the Automatics... Loved them but they got stolen... Was going to replace them with the Backlands, or possible the Enforcers or Rustlers.

Praxis Rx
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    Do you perfer the Automatics or the Backlands? I had the Automatics... Loved them but they got stolen... Was going to replace them with the Backlands, or possible the Enforcers or Rustlers.
    they're different. Automatic turnier but stiffer underfoot. Backlands also turnier but softer underfoot. For me, I prefer the Automatic even though they were slightly heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Praxis Rx
    Heh-
    I was trying to guide him to something with dims like the automatic, only mo betta

Seriously OP if you liked automatics, you will almost certainly love wren 108s.

I bought the Nordica Enforcer 100 in the 185CM length... I hope this was the right call. I'm going to sell the Pinnacle's so I hope this can fill the missing link and middle ground between my stolen Automatic 109/182cm and the Pinnacle 95/185cm...

Final thoughts!?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    they're different. Automatic turnier but stiffer underfoot. Backlands also turnier but softer underfoot. For me, I prefer the Automatic even though they were slightly heavier.
    I think Automatic was always the hill ski for pow from the time it came out

the Backland was always the backcountry ski
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think Automatic was always the hill ski for pow from the time it came out

the Backland was always the backcountry ski
    Where do the Bent Chetlers fit in?

ooooooh they make them in Red now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Praxis Rx
    Flowing alpy is that you?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I bought the Nordica Enforcer 100 in the 185CM length... I hope this was the right call. I'm going to sell the Pinnacle's so I hope this can fill the missing link and middle ground between my stolen Automatic 109/182cm and the Pinnacle 95/185cm...

Final thoughts!?
    How you like them? Just ordered the same Skis and pretty excited to get them.

For a while I was contemplating getting the Volkl BMT 94, which they had a great writeup on. However, after Volkl discontinued the BMT 94 and was replaced with the BMT 90, they simply slapped "BMT 90 Review" on the writeup of the 94. The issue is that the 90 is a completely different ski than the 94 (most notably the 94 being full rocker and the 90 being traditional camber and tip rocker, as well as the waist widths).

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    For a while I was contemplating getting the Volkl BMT 94, which they had a great writeup on. However, after Volkl discontinued the BMT 94 and was replaced with the BMT 90, they simply slapped "BMT 90 Review" on the writeup of the 94. The issue is that the 90 is a completely different ski than the 94 (most notably the 94 being full rocker and the 90 being traditional camber and tip rocker, as well as the waist widths).
    It’ll ski exactly the same in a completely different way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’ll ski exactly the same in a completely different way.
    'xactly! I mean as long as their site shows up in search results and people click on it, does it really matter how a ski skis ... or if facts are actually facts for that matter?

Where do the Bent Chetlers fit in?
    The Bent Chetler is significantly fatter than the Backland at 120 underfoot, it also has more rocker/rise in the tail of the ski. Bent Chetler (and Bent Chetler 100 for that matter) are a really fun ski, but definitely more playful and less directionally oriented than a Backland 109.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    How you like them? Just ordered the same Skis and pretty excited to get them.
    If you are talking about the Enforcer 100, the reviews are pretty accurate. It’s an easier to ski Bonafide with more tip rocker and a tail that is easier to break loose. Feels like the Bonafide has a slightly higher top end but the Enforcer is better is deep, soft conditions. Also, a high performance ski that has a hint of forgiveness. I think when the Enforcer 104 FR comes out next year, you’ll see a lot of people sell their 100’s and getting those.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    If you are talking about the Enforcer 100, the reviews are pretty accurate. It’s an easier to ski Bonafide with more tip rocker and a tail that is easier to break loose. Feels like the Bonafide has a slightly higher top end but the Enforcer is better is deep, soft conditions. Also, a high performance ski that has a hint of forgiveness. I think when the Enforcer 104 FR comes out next year, you’ll see a lot of people sell their 100’s and getting those.
    Thanks. Good to hear. Was an emotional internet purchase after I snapped the heel piece of my Dukes and used it as an excuse to buy the 100’s with a binding package from Evo.

Barely did any research but the reviews I read were all good so pulled the trigger.

Been using Bibby’s as my daily driver lately so needed something more all Mountain.

Might pop their cherry tomorrow at Central while teaching my daughter or just wait until Friday at Crystal for some adult runs. Pumped.

I question the credibility of Gear Institute reviews after seeing this

I should say that I think the Enforcer 100 is an improvement upon its cousin the Bonafide. The Enforcer does everything better than a Bonafide than high speed groomers, IMO. The Enforcer deserves all the accolades it gets. My comment about people preferring the 104 FR is based on wanting just a little bit more rocker in the tail to be more versatile in deeper snow.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...