Tahoe/Mammoth in mid-late April...

What would I be in for, best guess... on FB I follow several ski pages and haven’t ignored the—seemingly—epic dumps last few weeks.

I’ve been there done that and know it will be slushy warm and sunny, but.... will said areas have coverage to keep whole mountain open?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Only Squaw and Rose will likely stay open past 2nd week April. Heavenry If open is pretty darn fun. High elevation.

Given current conditions and the forecast for next week, I bet Mammoth is open through Memorial Day. I love that place in the spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Yeah Mammoth. Damn fun.

I ought to be there next month. It's not just the mountain, but the entire eastern Sierra is pretty special this time of year.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

KW has enough coverage at this point, but is owned by Vail, so will close April 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    KW has enough coverage at this point, but is owned by Vail, so will close April 8th.
    WTF, that is retarded. That said, OP, just go to Mammoth. I always am up there with the doggies that month. Get a few hours in at the resort and then go for hikes with them. Fun times for sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jim's phone 063.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	323.7 KB 
ID:	228610
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    WTF, that is retarded. That said, OP, just go to Mammoth. I always am up there with the doggies that month. Get a few hours in at the resort and then go for hikes with them. Fun times for sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jim's phone 063.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	323.7 KB 
ID:	228610
    This^^^
    Last Spring .... well technically it was Summer (July) ..... was sublime: ski in the AM, stop to have lunch and ice down, then afternoon hike with the dog. Retirement doesn't get any better than this.

Mammoth is no problem. We may even still have powder dumps., if not corn can usually be found and the spring touring season will already be underway with more lines then you can ski in a life time.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Mammoth should have tons of coverage.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    This^^^
    Last Spring .... well technically it was Summer (July) ..... was sublime: ski in the AM, stop to have lunch and ice down, then afternoon hike with the dog. Retirement doesn't get any better than this.
    Last June was skiing pretty damn nicely on Father’s Day. Love me some Mammoth.