Tyrolia Attack2 vs Attack Bindings

Second gen Attack2 bindings have been out for a year now. Curious if people who have skied both can tell any difference between the attack and Attack2? I picked up a couple pairs of the newer ones for cheap, and debating switching them out with my old attacks

you tell us. how's build quality compare? any more metal?

I've had a few Attack 13s over the last 4 or 5 years and really liked them. I got a set of the Attack 2 13s this season and have about 40 days on them so far. Other than the way they look, I can't feel a bit of difference in the way they ski, and have had no durability issues whatsoever. The toe pieces are definitely easier to hold in gondola lines with mittens. That's really the only difference I've noticed.

The main reason I got them is so that my new Nordica Strider boots with Grip Walk soles fit them, whereas I could stuff them in the old Attack 13s, but I doubt they release properly.

Only toe is different as angler99 said. Heels is same.

Toe and heel stack heights are identical (17mm and 19mm respectively) between the old and new and weight is ~100g more per binding with the new GW compatible toe pieces (still a relatively light weight alpine binding and I guess still the lightest with a 13DIN if that matters).
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

The other thing i've noticed from a mounting standpoint is the first piece you screw into the ski for the toe section sits much tighter to final toe piece that slides into it...maybe not a deal breaker but i remember looking at the original attack once i screwed the entire toe piece in there was a 1/16" between the front toe piece and back toe piece after it was slide completely in...new attack2 doesnt have that as they adjusted that first toe pieces shape...

What is the length adjustment on the Attack2 ? Couldn't find it online ...

32mm, same as first gen
    Last edited by Muggydude; 10-17-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    What is the length adjustment on the Attack2 ? Couldn't find it online ...
    Given its the same heel as the Attack 1, i'd say total adjustment length is ~25mm. Or put in other terms -- plus or minus one mondo size.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-binding-guide

It's 32mm, bordering on 34 with the tab-systems forward pressure range

Thanks guys, forgot to check blister.

Have had many pairs of the original Attacks and now the Attack2 versions and as others have said, the only difference is the toe piece that now accepts GW boots. Put my Attack2 and originals on a scale and it’s only 40g difference for a pair. Toes slightly heavier now and the brakes are now slightly lighter so less weight difference than expected.

Is the mount patteren the same as for the old tyroli peaks?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Is the mount patteren the same as for the old tyroli peaks?
    Yep

My DIN is set to 8; is the attack2 11 good for me even though I'm 180lbs? Should I get the attack2 13 instead? What is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    My DIN is set to 8; is the attack2 11 good for me even though I'm 180lbs? Should I get the attack2 13 instead? What is the difference?
    You most certainly will die with the 11. I would tell you 16 minimum, probably just go 18.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    The Attack 11 has a less beefy heel piece to save weight and it’s heel stand height is higher than the Attack2 13 which may cause issues ramp issues. Made for light weight beginners and that’s it.
    Get the 13.

What are thoughts on the 13 vs the 14? Is the higher stack height worth it on a 110 ski to have the additional boot flexibility, or do you just stick with the 13 if your boots all work with it?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Only get AT if you need it to use it with the boots you have or plan to have. Otherwise no, it’s a lot of extra stack height and not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    The Attack 11 has a less beefy heel piece to save weight and it’s heel stand height is higher than the Attack2 13 which may cause issues ramp issues. Made for light weight beginners and that’s it.
    Get the 13.
    ^^^^This..the 11 is the budget “entry level” Attack....exactly what he said.

Wife has the 11s. Liked them well enough for skiing. Not a beginner. Charges pretty hard on them mounted on a Sheva9. Weighs about 125#, so might be what makes it work.

The 11 heel is simpler and isn't dual pivot, for lower dins this isn't a factor but it makes stepping in with 8+ dins easier plus it has a nice definitive sound like a Salomon. In my opinion you should get the 13's if you weigh over 150 lbs or ski aggressive.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025