Kastle HP 105 vs ...

Looking for new daily driver. Intrigued by the 189 Kastle hp 105s vs cochise vs wrenegade 108. I like a traditional mount and like to drive the tips. Not much information on the Kastles and was hoping someone could give some input on how they ski. Cochise sounds interesting but consensus seems to be that the new version sucks, The Wrenegade also looks nice but its hard to filter out the ONE3P fanboy knob slobbing. Guide me ski nerds.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Dynastar LP/Pro Rider. If you can find a pair. They're tanks and amazing.

Kastle HP 105 vs ...

My reading is the HP 105 will ski much more traditionally than the Wren. Wren’s tails will release more easily and will accommodate a more playful skiing style while still providing a burly backbone and craving speed. After spending 5+ seasons on skis that are built to kick my ass, my Wrens are an eye opening relief.
    I ski the (2017) Wren 98s and (2015) Wailer 105s in a Pure3 and they are entirely different beasts yet love them both. I am guessing the HP and Wailers ski similarly. The wrens are much more forgiving in comparison yet haven’t found a downside. I will likely go for a wider body Wren when/if my wailers die.
    I would give a nod to the Wren unless you are seeking a comp ski. If the later I’d suggest adding the Wailer 105 into consideration. Perhaps the T2 for your dd but I happen to love the Pure3 as a quiver ski. Even in a 185, the Wailer 105 is plenty of ski for most. I-beams.
    Uno mas

Have owned Kastle BMX and currently have W108. Kastle makes a solid classic ski IMO. However The ON3P skis set a new standard in material construction and durability for me. After skiing BMX for many years I came to know them as steady and true. Have only skied the Wren 108 this season. Started with a 184 used then bought custom pair wks later in 189 knowing it was a great match for my mountains, terrain, and conditions.

Curious what other ski brands carry a fanboi base as strong here - and why you move to discredit or overlook that?
    FWIW I'm more of a tall fan of BG than Wrens

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Dynastar LP/Pro Rider. If you can find a pair. They're tanks and amazing.
    . Funny you mention the Pro Riders. I just dusted my 2006 classics off and skied them yesterday. I had forgotten how great they are. I have become accustomed to more upright boots and skiing style. I really had to lean on my upright Lupo SP's to drive the ski tips the way they need to be skied, but they are fantastic traditional ski. Not sure why I haven't been on them more the last few years.