Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 219
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,378

    Ever do a DNA test?

    If mine doesn't come back saying I'm 10% black, I'm going to be really pissed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,715
    Waiting for mine to come back.
    It’s been weeks already.

    What’s wrong with 10% black?
    Is that too much or too little?
    肉豆蔻崔

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,378
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Waiting for mine to come back.
    It’s been weeks already.

    What’s wrong with 10% black?
    Is that too much or too little?
    It would make my day if some lady told me it was too much.

    wink wink.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,625
    I've been really tempted, but alas, I already know the results.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,998
    I have. Goes back really far, so rather than thinking you're English or something, suddenly you're a Norwegian who raped and pillaged the English shore in 200 A.D. Or 'Western European' rather than French because there wasn't really France 2000 years ago.

    Interesting for 100 bucks but keep the expectations in check.
    Decisions Decisions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    5,251
    You ARE the father.

    "Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    11,122
    My test showed that I was 69% Neanderthal.

    Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ¡Órale, vato!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,888
    Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    You ARE the father.
    this! without the jerry springer beatdown
    .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    4,746
    i am a little nervous regarding the privacy aspects and a for profit endeavor

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,325
    waiting on mine as well....who knew spit was so powerful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,927
    My cousin did a test. Long story short: He found a cousin we never knew existed, his older half-sister. Seems his mom, my aunt, had a child she kept secret from everyone, and gave it up for adoption. Explains a lot of the craziness in her family.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Turin, Hugging The Horse
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i am a little nervous regarding the privacy aspects and a for profit endeavor
    DingDing!

    I am a bit intrigued but the possibility for misuse is just too un-nerving for me. The small print is usually quite cryptic and there are already some interesting questions, like who owns your DNA, where your genetic information is going etc?
    Would be a "tad" annoying to get your health insurance canceled/revoked just because you have a hereditary risk for some disease that might or might not affect you at some point of your life.

    The floggings will continue until morale improves.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,850
    Handing the one unique thing about yourself to the internet.

    Yea, real smart.

    Can't wait for that data breach fiasco.

    Aren't the Mormons behind all this?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,250
    If they were cheaper, I'd send in some dog spit to see what happens. My SIL has a St. Bernard, I could get a gallon of it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    flatland
    Posts
    2,817
    I wasn't the father

    eta: after 6 years of report cards and father's day cards
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,089

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    46,943
    What's all this about jeans?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    15,753
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    waiting on mine as well....who knew spit was so powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    29,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    My SIL has a St. Bernard
    Pics or GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,696
    It would be interesting to know if you carry ApoE4 or some of the other more sinister mutations. A lot of the other stuff they tell you is far less conclusive than it is made out to be.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    DingDing!

    I am a bit intrigued but the possibility for misuse is just too un-nerving for me. The small print is usually quite cryptic and there are already some interesting questions, like who owns your DNA, where your genetic information is going etc?
    Would be a "tad" annoying to get your health insurance canceled/revoked just because you have a hereditary risk for some disease that might or might not affect you at some point of your life.
    I am thinking the Health Insurers do this when you go in for a "Full Physical". They privately keep the info to track the relevance of the testing results to help establish a baseline for future premiums based on your results. Make no mistake, the for profit health care industry knows everything about you and is trying to figure out how to limit their pay outs. Allowing for profit health care is going to end badly for Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,850
    That's why GINA came about.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,285
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i am a little nervous regarding the privacy aspects and a for profit endeavor
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    DingDing!

    I am a bit intrigued but the possibility for misuse is just too un-nerving for me. The small print is usually quite cryptic and there are already some interesting questions, like who owns your DNA, where your genetic information is going etc?
    Would be a "tad" annoying to get your health insurance canceled/revoked just because you have a hereditary risk for some disease that might or might not affect you at some point of your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I am thinking the Health Insurers do this when you go in for a "Full Physical". They privately keep the info to track the relevance of the testing results to help establish a baseline for future premiums based on your results. Make no mistake, the for profit health care industry knows everything about you and is trying to figure out how to limit their pay outs. Allowing for profit health care is going to end badly for Americans.
    All any nefarious, evil plotting individual or group needs to do is dig though a little bit of your trash to get something with your DNA... which they can then plant at the scene after they murder someone during a time when they know you aren't likely to have a good alibi...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,883
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What's all this about jeans?
    Heh.

    I know this isn't what was meant, but having a kid was a somewhat rigorous test of my DNA. Turned out pretty good if you ask me.
    And I guess that I just don't know

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,285
    The aliens replaced him with a close copy. Happens to everyone who goes in to space.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •