Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Man, that guy is one special type of asshole.

Sounds like this could turn out pretty rad. The "world class" proclamations could be all talk, but they spent over a million dollars building a skatepark that hosted an X Games qualifier so it seems like odds are good they'll follow through

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I guess it’s a legit story when Vandeman shows up in the comments....

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/l...205302279.html
    His whole gripe with bikes was coming across them on trails in the woods. Now he's just spewing a canned copy/paste comment of his against a closed perimeter park. If anything it's a diversion that will keep people of trails. Fucking hilarious it's so pathetic.

Good luck with the park. Hope it turns out well. Of all the local ones I've seen Valmount looks about the best done. Plenty of other good examples mentioned here though.

I remember a friend of mine went through boise a few years ago and talked up one the parks already there.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Another data point that just came up in my book face feed

http://www.progressivebikeramps.com/
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    His whole gripe with bikes was coming across them on trails in the woods. Now he's just spewing a canned copy/paste comment of his against a closed perimeter park. If anything it's a diversion that will keep people of trails. Fucking hilarious it's so pathetic.

Good luck with the park. Hope it turns out well. Of all the local ones I've seen Valmount looks about the best done. Plenty of other good examples mentioned here though.

I remember a friend of mine went through boise a few years ago and talked up one the parks already there.
    That one is in Eagle on the other end of town from me. Pretty decent. The proposed is two blocks from me. I hope it's sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    That one is in Eagle on the other end of town from me. Pretty decent. The proposed is two blocks from me. I hope it's sweet.
    If construction isn't already a closed case in terms of the contract, get in touch with me. I know some guys. I only mention it because I've seen enough of these now and who builds them really is the determinant of whether they're worth a damn or just end up going back to vacant lot status that no one wants to ride.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    have you made it to gateway yet?
    i havent, so trying to stay positive... but it appears access is very limiting, really dont understand their design intentions by that... i fear usage is going to suffer which is a big bummer, hope im wrong
    Nope! I'm pretty much a road weenie, I rent a fancy MTB in Bend and ride the Phil's Trail complex once or twice a year, but that's it. Maybe this year I'll nut up for some MTB short track racing on the motorcross course at PIR, but that's XC, not technical stuff.

Will the bike skills park have a trail designed to help people not ride in muddy conditions or stay on the singletrack (i.e. not cutting bermed corners on Bucktail) or be courteous to other trail users?

Went last night to the open house. Seems like a really cool project. The builders there are saying that it should be one of the best ones they’ve ever built. Sounds like they have a lot of funding for it.

The plan is to have approximately 30 feet of drop down the jump line. They say this is more than most parks have.

Features will be built with people riding 4” bikes and hard tails in mind. “You won’t be backflipping a downhill bike here.” But that’s true for me wherever I ride!

Looks like three jump runs (beginner, intermediate and advanced) with room for multiple lines down each, and also a pump track which will be paved I believe, some single track and a bunch of wood features.

The new dog park could be sweet too.

Here’s a pic of the plan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7675.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	231267