Blizzard Titan Pro (193 cm, 125-95-115)

lots of talk about this ski...anybody ride one yet?

Blizzard

Now in its fourth season the TITAN Series returns with 2 new models, all new model designations and graphics but with the same “Shapely Fat” philosophy that has given this ski its Cult status. The TITAN’s combination of outstanding floatation and ability to muscle through crud coupled with the ski’s phenomenal performance on groomers has put the ski at or near the top of many magazine tests in the “fat” category for the last 4 years. The TITAN PRO is an ALL NEW 193 cm Big Mountain ski for only a chosen few. The TITAN NINE replaces the XXL from last season with the addition of Titanium for added beef. The TITAN EIGHT is an 80 mm waisted ski geared towards less aggressive and smaller Big Mountain skiers. The ALL NEW TITAN SEVEN is a versatile multi-condition mid-fat targeted toward good skiers who seeks to explore the entire mountain

TITAN PRO

$899

Size:193

Dimensions:125-95-115

Radius:28M @ 193

Construction:ABS SIDEWALL / TITANIUM / WOOD

I thought Atlas was the dude who carried the globe....

I wonder if Blizzard has figured out how to make a ski that won't delaminate?
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Considering how ugly that topsheet is, I hope not.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

It skis pretty similar to the Legend Pro's, just slightly cheaper. The topsheet is fantastic if you lose skis a lot or want to be seen a couple miles away.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx
    I thought Atlas was the dude who carried the globe....
    guess what: atlas was a titan.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague
    guess what: atlas was a titan.
    smart pick! you rock.

FWIW, I have last year's Titan XXLs and absolutely love them as a touring ski. Wish they were a tad stiffer for hard packed spring touring, but they are super light and a durable product. No complaints yet.

hmmmmm, I'm assuming they're not twin. Any chance they have half a twin, slight flare? As far as graphics....thank god skate shops sell stickers

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    hmmmmm, I'm assuming they're not twin. Any chance they have half a twin, slight flare? As far as graphics....thank god skate shops sell stickers
    I can't remember how much exactly, but I know it was less than the tail on LP's.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666

Slight flair, sort of like my old Explosives (the one with wizard...)
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61
    smart pick! you rock.
    hrrr.... i always forget those winky smilies.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

The titan 8 is a twin the rest of the current titan lineup is of the slight flair variety.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

With those dimensions it looks very similar to the Kneissl Tanker, which was 125-93-116 in a 190 cm.

There should be plenty of threads on Tankers, I've got a pair in the 180 cm as I'm a short ass and they ski great. Plenty of burl, quite stiff (not Explosiv stiff), maybe a touch too much sidecut, but the Blizzard has slightly less. They do ski great on groomers for a fat ski.

In terms of construction, they both share the traditional sidewall/wood/titanal build, which should be bomb proof.

Quote Originally Posted by tjb
    With those dimensions it looks very similar to the Kneissl Tanker, which was 125-93-116 in a 190 cm.

There should be plenty of threads on Tankers, I've got a pair in the 180 cm as I'm a short ass and they ski great. Plenty of burl, quite stiff (not Explosiv stiff), maybe a touch too much sidecut, but the Blizzard has slightly less. They do ski great on groomers for a fat ski.

In terms of construction, they both share the traditional sidewall/wood/titanal build, which should be bomb proof.
    "Hmmm... I don't know anything about these skis, but I know something about a ski with almost the same dimensions. Yeah; I'll post a review about those instead - great idea!"

Quote Originally Posted by KANUTTEN
    "Hmmm... I don't know anything about these skis, but I know something about a ski with almost the same dimensions. Yeah; I'll post a review about those instead - great idea!"
    Yeah, fair comment. While I haven't skiied the Titan, I can point out the similarity to the Tanker in dimensions and construction as this may help pick up a good deal given the Tanker is older and is running out cheap from various sources.

But then again maybe I should just STFU

Does anybody know whether they will come a tad shorter too?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Does anybody know whether they will come a tad shorter too?

Thanks
    No, Titan Pro comes only at 193, it's little brother (softer & a bit skinnier) Titan 9 has a few lenghts though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

Right on, thanks.

However I wouldn't want to sacrifice on the width when going shorter or switching the model.

Ahh...another super sick stick that the majority of the "mere-mortal, non-Titan" skiing community will wish came in a 185-cm length. Rock-on!

If you need a ski that burl, you probably know what to do with the extra length... Or just buy an Explosive/Mantra or something.