Mechanical engineering in Bozeman?

Currently living in New England after spending the last few years in Boise and realizing that leaving the mountain west was a mistake, so my wife and I are actively planning to move back, just not to the edge of the desert this time.

I've found a few positions that loosely match what I do, but I'm wondering if anyone out there in this quiet corner of TGR works as an engineer in Bozeman? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

I work on campus but one of my usual stops on the Friday happy hour tour is frequented by local enginerds. What do you have experience in and what kind of work are you looking for? I can ask around this week.

I spent 6 months there a few years back and only had 1 interview opportunity, there are a few jobs but not many and a lot of MSU grads with eng degrees who want to stay. If you want to make it work bring some money and start something was my take away.

Ghosthop: PM sent.

carhl: That's good info to know, definitely a common problem in desirable, Bozeman-sized towns.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Don't know if there is any relation to the civil engineering field, but I work with a guy who has his MA and graduated from MSU 2 years ago. Smart dude for sure, but he has only had 1 interview since graduating. Seems to be work in places like Billings, etc but if you want to be in Bozeman it's tough to find a real engineering gig despite how much growth is happening.

Morrison Maierle always seems to be hiring engineers at various Montana locales.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    https://bozeman.craigslist.org/trd/d...538209128.html

This is a big outfit doing some really amazing shit in Yellowstone Club.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's all good stuff. Time to do some more research!

Welp, as a follow-up here for the sake of forum posterity: I landed a job with one of Bozeman's many photonics-oriented companies. Making the move and starting in September, so hopefully I'll catch the tail end of summer before the snow starts falling.