Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    2013 trance 1. I’ve got a buddy who swears by his Santa Cruz Blur I’m gonna ride next time we have warm weather, just to get a feel for the VPP.
    I have a blur LT from 07 - way ahead of its time. Not experienced enough to comment on the VPP vs other styles of linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    And the 4c which is still decent kit and carbon is 2.7K. A set of carbon hoops on the 4c over the 5c build all day in my book. REI stocks the Release which may be able to sit on and move around.

Personally I find the Release climbs pretty well for its weight.

That said -- if you don't get along with VPP suspension, you won't get along with the Release.
    I havent owned an mtb in a couple years and I just pulled the trigger on a Release 4c. I am sofaking stoked! The reviews make it sound like everything Im looking for. Got a experticity deal on it for 2500 shipped. Are you kidding me? Refreshing the fedex tracker like hitting the crackpipe watching it move slowly across the US to daddy...

Im not normally one to wish the sno to go away but if the snowline could move up above corner canyon level that'd be sweet!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post

My wife has a 2014 Trance 2 with a Fox 32 Evolution and that fork is a piece of shit
    You should look into the FIT4 damper upgrade, its a very economical way to transform that fork into something that's rideable.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I rode a Bronson and 5010 last summer. Nice bikes, but I personally have never gotten along with that execution of VPP. Loved the Scout I rode, and basically bought one until I didn't. Agreed with funken, very lively bike. No time on the Patrol, but on paper, and from reports, it's similarly awesome, just more bike. In that same class of bike, it couldn't hurt to look at the GG Megatrail as well.

Are Intense frames straight now that they're not building them?

I'm a broken record with this, but ride everything you can. Sure, there are pitfalls with demos, but if you like something, you'll know it with certainty and can buy with some confidence.
    I've never been that impressed with SC bikes when I've demoed, but to me the ride of the Intense bikes is completely different. I have a Spider, and lively/playful is exactly how I'd describe it. I'm not sure how that translates to the Recluse, but I'd guess that it does.

As always, suspension set up matters, and you should ride before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    I havent owned an mtb in a couple years and I just pulled the trigger on a Release 4c. I am sofaking stoked! The reviews make it sound like everything Im looking for. Got a experticity deal on it for 2500 shipped. Are you kidding me? Refreshing the fedex tracker like hitting the crackpipe watching it move slowly across the US to daddy...

Im not normally one to wish the sno to go away but if the snowline could move up above corner canyon level that'd be sweet!
    2500$ for that bike is a stupid good deal. Carbon frame, Fox 34 suspension, SLX 1x11, internal dropper. No where else can you get a bike close to that for a similar price.

no love for Mondraker your side of the pond?

Sent from my SM-G930F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    no love for Mondraker your side of the pond?

They have about 10 shops in all of the US of A.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    They have about 10 shops in all of the US of A.
    shame because they make some lovely bikes. I'm on a foxy xr it's a lovely trail bike

i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum