Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Yeah yeah!

I've got an outside chance of making the party... will be flying into the Zone that weekend for fam festivities and might just mail my boots ahead of time to cover the ski option.

Ditto, outside chance of making it, depending on what happens with my kid's soccer tournament.

I will be super stoked if Norse and Yeahmanmake it. Turning into a veritable festival!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I've got an outside chance of making the party... will be flying into the Zone that weekend for fam festivities and might just mail my boots ahead of time to cover the ski option.
    I'm considering driving over since some other plans may have fallen apart. I'll let you know if I do

Roger, Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Margotron - Yes of course. All are welcome. Always fun to show a mag the BTP experience. Hope your girl is Party friendly(age?)...not a ton of beginner terrain but stuff to do nonetheless; none off of the lift. Doggie heaven if well behaved.

AVS may chime in on whether its freezing up high still. 110's not too fat especially if its softer, likely to be. Wax helps a lot here...

Look forward to seeing you. Beartooth Virgin sounds tough.
    Slough city this morning, so I'm not sure there's been much overnight freeze-up happening recently. Forecast from Sunday through next week looks a lot more promising, with several nights in the low 40s in town (likely to mean a solid freeze up top).

Views definitely don't suck, though:

(skier's left of the Basin is just about visible in the left side of the frame, with the rest obscured by the buttress in the foreground)

(if you see this view walking towards Rock Creek, you're way too far left, go more to your right. Don't ask how I know.)

It's times like these that you want to be confident you're at the top of the right line:

FKNA man! Hope you guys get from freeze thaw cycles.

ha. yes. both 30 and party friendly. often too friendly ::eyeroll:: pup is friendly. often too friendly. sense a theme here? lol

Wax is good

#beartoothvirgin #grrrrrr

PM me your cell when you get the chance please?

Margotron - Yes of course. All are welcome. Always fun to show a mag the BTP experience. Hope your girl is Party friendly(age?)...not a ton of beginner terrain but stuff to do nonetheless; none off of the lift. Doggie heaven if well behaved.

AVS may chime in on whether its freezing up high still. 110's not too fat especially if its softer, likely to be. Wax helps a lot here...

Look forward to seeing you. Beartooth Virgin sounds tough.

Thanks for all the stoke guys, looking forward to this!

Rasputin is offline Полые тростник на ветру
    I'm heading out there tomorrow, seems I'm a bit early for the Shredfest, but will take some pics. and post a report, if I think of it when I get back.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

After a 2700 mile roadtrip from Florida back to JH, I am home. Plan on heading up this Friday to the Pass for shenanigans.

Who's in and what's your schedule for this weekend?

I'll be there next weekend with another buddy from SLC. Crashing in JH Thurs night. May ride bikes Friday but that remains to be decided. Camp fri/sat/sun near beartooth and ski the lifts sat/sun. At least thats the plan.

Not looking likely for me, my daughter's soccer team is too damn good. But... if they don't move on in their tournament in SLC this week there's still a chance. Not that I'm hoping they lose or anything...every soccer parent knows the conundrum.

Anyone going to be around 6/25-7/2? I will be tied up coaching most of the time but would really like to sneak away at some point to ski some of this stuff I've heard about.
    [quote][//quote]

Man, wish I could swing this one! Maybe next year... Have fun all! Be safe, take risks, and enjoy more than a few apres beers for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Alright snowaddict! PM me when you're close. Maybe we can meet up for a few on Thursday eve. I plan on heading out early Friday morning - 6-7ish.
    Gonna set up camp, then kick around...
    Margotron, you still in?

AVS?
    WRG?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Anyone going to be around 6/25-7/2? I will be tied up coaching most of the time but would really like to sneak away at some point to ski some of this stuff I've heard about.
    I'll be around, not quite sure how much I'll be able to get out midweek but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Alright snowaddict! PM me when you're close. Maybe we can meet up for a few on Thursday eve. I plan on heading out early Friday morning - 6-7ish.
    Gonna set up camp, then kick around...
    Margotron, you still in?

AVS?
    WRG?
    I'm planning to be at the Basin Saturday and skiing somewhere on the pass Sunday (not sure if I'm going to spring for lift tickets both days). Might try to sneak out Friday morning for a bit, too, but I'll have to see what transpires at work.

Might be down there this weekend if we can talk ourselves out of another slog into the hills somewhere. May tour/hike one day and basin the other.

So here's the plan: I'll be setting up my camp on Lake creek road. That's not the Main fork of Rock creek road. If you're coming from the Wyo. side then that's all the way down the pass, past the turn into RC rd./camping continuing towards red lodge. In about 2 miles on the left is Lake creek rd. . Go left and then up the asphalt rd for a amile or so. Look for the paved turnout spot on the left. Holds about 4-8 vehicles. Camping just downslope. Gotta bright green TNF tent and a white VW wagen.

From town, drive 5-8 miles? go past the Westminster spires church camp on the left, past the beartrack trailhead on the right, then a mile or less to Lake crk. rd. on the right.

It's a cool spot away from the crowds and busy dirt road. Creekside and plenty of level spots. Phones can be hit/miss in the canyon, just show up and ask for change...

Prolly gonna ski the Poma on Saturday. Try to get a RC lap or two on Friday. Sunday is open ...maybe a dawn RC lap or some Gardiner HW action.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I'll be around, not quite sure how much I'll be able to get out midweek but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Well, I'm there over a Sat/Sun if that would work...just let me know. Will send a PM when I get out there.

You in Red Lodge?

edit: dumb question now that I bother looking at your profile
    Last edited by Dexter Rutecki; 06-14-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    [quote][//quote]

Looks like rain this weekend...who's in/who's out?

For better or worse I'm in! Goretex is packed!

I'm in. I snuck out this morning because the forecast is, um, less than ideal, and the snow is holding up quite nicely in most places.

Gardiner (which featured some very nice corn this morning)

Most lines are still in, although Hourglass has more than its share of runnels going on.

Rock Creek quick snapshot, if MHP asks I was stationary and definitely not taking a picture while I drove by

The line way to looker's left is probably not exactly skiable at this point, but there are two easy-entry ways down (one at the left edge of what you can see in the photo, the other pretty much dead center). No snow on the plateau, though, so it is a walk all the way from the parking lot to the top of the line. That skinny line in the middle is out, unless your balls are much bigger than mine, in which case I recommend you have someone prepared to video the extended straightrun; I'm not 100% sure if there's still a skiable sneak around the next cornice over, but that was skiing nicely last time I ducked in there.

PSA for everyone coming: given the weather forecast, keep an eye on the road status. If you have Internet access, http://www.wyoroad.info/pls/Browse/W...tedRoute=US212 and https://www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/detailed.shtml are your best bets. Rain shouldn't close it, but solid precip easily could (once it starts drifting in, the Wyoming side tends to get shut down pretty quick; apparently pulling Harleys and rental cars out of the ditches gets boring pretty quick). If you're parked to ski or particularly if camped on the Wyoming side of the pass in questionable weather, make sure you have enough food / water / etc to hang out until the road opens again, as you can get locked in.

Dexter, I'll keep an eye out for your PM.