CMH Bobbie Burns

Yeah, big ships full of oral surgeons, I know.
    But what’s the terrain like and will the weather stay cool thru the end of the month?
    I have well over a hundred days already, but not a ton of pow and I’m pretty beat up.
    Five days of meadow skipping, for half price, sounds kind of nice right now.

I’ve toured through parts of their terrain and its suitably scenic and snowy. I’m sure they have runs of every type , but my understanding is that BB caters more to the moderate/pampered end of the heli-skiing clientele. The current forecast is for clear skies and freezing levels to spike to 2500m early next week, which will reduce options, but with precipitation and normal/colder temps following.

Days from civilization on a ski traverse, we’d just set up camp on an outcrop perched in the middle of the upper Scylla glacier, when CMH BB groups started lapping the adjacent slopes. Guided groups of intermediates wiggled past either side us, and we were feeling suitably aggrieved at our serenity being compromised, but then the heli returned, touching down 100m from our camp, and dropped a package onto the snow. Cans of Guinness, smoked salmon, cashews, and mangoes. A classy apology.

its 1/2 price heli. Go enjoy

odds are it will be in corn skiing, so a bit of everything in elevation and aspect. Lodges ususally have a few groups, so you can get put with the rad dentists.

Snow is deep back there. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post

Days from civilization on a ski traverse, we’d just set up camp on an outcrop perched in the middle of the upper Scylla glacier, when CMH BB groups started lapping the adjacent slopes. Guided groups of intermediates wiggled past either side us, and we were feeling suitably aggrieved at our serenity being compromised, but then the heli returned, touching down 100m from our camp, and dropped a package onto the snow. Cans of Guinness, smoked salmon, cashews, and mangoes. A classy apology.

Now that, that is some good looking out. Kudos, and good karma coming their way for sure.

I’ve toured through parts of their terrain and its suitably scenic and snowy. I’m sure they have runs of every type , but my understanding is that BB caters more to the moderate/pampered end of the heli-skiing clientele. The current forecast is for clear skies and freezing levels to spike to 2500m early next week, which will reduce options, but with precipitation and normal/colder temps following.

Damn. They did the same thing for us! We had radios on and Kirk the guide kept apologizing!

Robson RIP used to guide there and he did say if an entire group was capable they'd get into steeper terrain but most of the guided skiing terrain there was binary. Ie either mellow or rowdy

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Yeah, big ships full of oral surgeons, I know.
    But what’s the terrain like and will the weather stay cool thru the end of the month?
    I have well over a hundred days already, but not a ton of pow and I’m pretty beat up.
    Five days of meadow skipping, for half price, sounds kind of nice right now.
    I haven't been to Bobbie Burns and I haven't gone in March, but I've done a lot of skiing with CMH and it's always been great. Always.

March, or specifically late March, can be a crapshoot. IME, riding Helis for corn or severely limited aspects is still riding the Heli and will be fun as shit, but it's a noticeable step down from going in blower pow. 1/2 price just have 1/2 the expectations.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Very classy indeed!

Apparently I didn’t qualify for 1/2 price.
    Maybe I’ll just do AK after we close.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Apparently I didn’t qualify for 1/2 price.
    Maybe I’ll just do AK after we close.
    What is that about? Last year I got an email advertising 1/2 and almost booked it before hurting my meniscus. This year I didn’t see such an email.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

The rep said I had to book and pay by 3/1.

Webpage says 50% off for bookings within 10 days of departure.

Maybe I’ll revisit this in a week, when the weather forecast will be a little clearer.