Another cool avi video.

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Wow! Where is that?

Jesus. That's sketchy, that slope looks scary as hell. Multiple convexities, shallow snowpack, windloading.

I believe from Gulamarg.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Jeezus that's a terrifying one. Tough to tell, did the skier make it out as far as you know? Damn thing was riding straight for him.

Wow! Hope the guy got outta the way! Super interesting avalanche sequence. Remote trigger, multiple sympathetics, step downs, deep persistent weak layer failure. Solid size 3/small size 3.5
    Master of mediocrity.

Whelp that's terrifying. Assuming the skier got out and this isn't a snuff film, skier is suuuper lucky this triggered so late in the line.

Good on the videography to keep his eye on the avalanche and not waste his time trying to make sure the skier got out of the way. Don't want to miss a chance to upload to youtube, and skiers are dime a dozen anyway

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

So, update. The skier in the video is actually a non real life but facebook friend of mine...works at a heliski op in india. Posted to all that he is okay and escaped the avalanche without harm. Relief to know he's okay.
    Last edited by swissiphic; 03-09-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Master of mediocrity.