Self-Guided Argentina Backcountry Hut trip Late July-August

Looking for some interested partners who would come down to Bariloche, Argentina and do maybe 2-3 weeks or so traversing the backcountry huts down there and further south towards Baguales, El Chalten, and maybe even as far as Ushuaia. For Bariloche we'd start at Refugio Frey and then eventually go over to Lopez. Don't think the others past Lopez are easily accessible as they traverse lots of bad avy terrain. After Bariloche I'd love to tour at Baguales but that's dependent on how expensive a guide is because they insist you have one. If it's a no go, down to El Chalten to do day tours out of there and then Ushuaia if we're feelin it.

I spent a winter down there in 2014 and I'm looking to go back. Haven't visited the huts, but know the area well and how to navigate the area. Lots of info on the huts out there so the planning isn't incredibly intensive as a more remote camping trip would be.

Would probably be almost a 3 week trip in total because I'd fly into Santiago and bus down to Bariloche. That's a day bus ride on each end plus some time on the front end to prep and get supplies. The huts are relatively easy to get to so I'd be open to having people come in and out as your schedule allows.

I'm a 23 yr old male, AIARE 2 avy cert, splitboarder, from the Central Oregon area, might have WFR by then.

Looking for other people with an avy course under their belt and plenty of backcountry experience. Mountaineering/hut experience would be great too. Would love to find people with more experience than me.

Hit me up via pm. In the very early planning stages, just trying to gauge interest.
    Last edited by dongy; 03-09-2018 at 11:24 AM.