Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    That’s not a Krypton clog. The original Krypton had a solid toe and heel with a “beam” of PU running between the two. The entire bottom of the boot was flat.
    Good to know.
    More concerned with the forward lean of the Krypton vs Lupo, any info there?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

BUMP for new Krypton with the pin inserts in toe/heel. This one: https://www.dalbello.it/en-us/boots/...ton-130-id-ti/

Q: Do these have the same mold as the prior generation of Kryptons? Basically, I want to make sure that the fit on these is the same as the old ones---which fit me oh so nice. Gracias and Danke-Schein!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    BUMP for new Krypton with the pin inserts in toe/heel. This one: https://www.dalbello.it/en-us/boots/...ton-130-id-ti/

Q: Do these have the same mold as the prior generation of Kryptons? Basically, I want to make sure that the fit on these is the same as the old ones---which fit me oh so nice. Gracias and Danke-Schein!
    I was fitted for the dark green version and bought this years tech toe version and can't tell the difference, but someone should confirm. Bitte schon!

This version has been the same from 2018-2023. 2017 was a prior vintage. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    This version has been the same from 2018-2023. 2017 was a prior vintage. Hope this helps.
    Hell yeah! Thanks for confirming. Gracias.
    sproing!

As I understand it the current Krypton 130 uses the same clog as the Lupo Pro HD, and the upper from the previous gen Krypton.

I recently compared: OG 1st gen krypton, Lupo SP, Lupo 130C, and 2021 Krypton

21 krypton fit my foot like a glove, which I was a bit surprised. So folks with lower volume feet might be SOL.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

For the fat footed folk, the '23 Krypton AX 120 TI not only has tech inserts, but a Lupo liner, and a walk mode. Evo has the '22 Krypton AX 120 on sale in every size right now; just grabbed myself a 27.5 and a B tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    For the fat footed folk, the '23 Krypton AX 120 TI not only has tech inserts, but a Lupo liner, and a walk mode. Evo has the '22 Krypton AX 120 on sale in every size right now; just grabbed myself a 27.5 and a B tongue.
    Wow a Krpton with a walk mode, is that now just a Lupo?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Wow a Krpton with a walk mode, is that now just a Lupo?
    Name:  2023 Krypton AX TI.png
Views: 762
Size:  262.4 KB
    The 120 (er, AX TI) looks to be; even the cuff looks the same (with Krypton branding). When I asked the same question, the rep mentioned that 'while technically there aren't too many differences, the Krypton will be marketed to the resort skier who walks a few days, while the Lupo will continue to be marketed as a backcountry boot that works in the resort for a few days a year' (paraphrase).
    Maybe the thinking goes that if they're marketing a boot that isn't the top of the line 130 flex, swapping the locked cuff for a walk mode would be more appealing for the masses? Dunno. At least they didn't fuck with the 130 (and that Evo still had a '22 AX 120 for me). Super weird though to market almost identical boots under different names. Who TF am I though.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 03-18-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Too funny, I was thinking that I’m going back to a Lupo next year four years of parking lot changes and keeping snow out of my liners.

What the f is “r&d flex”?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    What the f is “r&d flex”?

Sounds like the had some extra parts and stickers laying around in the the factory and just cobbed some stuff together.

'Shit, we forgot to make up a flex rating for the new Lupo I mean Krypton; what are we gonna do?!?' To be fair, Dalbello sent me that pick directly so perhaps their 2023 Catalogue will have an updated flex when released. Happy skiing.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 03-20-2022 at 10:16 AM.

To be fair, Dalbello can’t keep shit straight any year between their website and catalogue. Is the Ax HD 110 or 120? Who knows. We will change it year to year. What do we call our stiff boot? Pro? HD? 130? B tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    To be fair, Dalbello can’t keep shit straight any year between their website and catalogue. Is the Ax HD 110 or 120? Who knows. We will change it year to year. What do we call our stiff boot? Pro? HD? 130? B tongue?
    You forgot TI, Carbon and Sean Pettit. They must get paid by the word.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Don’t forget that the 24.5 size lupo comes with c tongue when the bigger sizes come with b.

Quote Originally Posted by herrgard View Post
    Don’t forget that the 24.5 size lupo comes with c tongue when the bigger sizes come with b.
    When did that start?! My 24.5 came w/ a B.

Wtf, I’ve had 130c ti and factory and they both came with C tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by herrgard View Post
    Wtf, I’ve had 130c ti and factory and they both came with C tongue.
    FWIW, I'm not a fan boi of the B tongue, I'd much prefer the P or C, heck even the M skis better. I've got new Pro HD's arriving in the fall order - will see what comes w/ them.

Yah, my 27.5 Krypton AX 120s just showed up; marketed with a C tongue, came with Bs. My 27.5 Lupo AX HDs showed up with Cs, as marketed; who knows...I tried Bs and Ps with the Lupo, and have been skiing Ps all year. Little less harsh off the top but still pretty stiff throughout. Plan to try the Bs on these Kryptons as I have been occasionally reaching the end of the P's flex (going really fast on bumped up firm so not really a huge thing). See how it goes.

Does anyone know how the shell shape/construction of the Krypton 130 compares to the Il Moro? Is it the same shape with a Grilamid lower rather than PU? Are the PUs the same between the boots?