Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

LCC Road closure conspiracy?

This thread is a mirror of the I70 bitch thread. It’s fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    eventually I'm going to blow this pop stand...
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I think the “powder panic” is a bit overblown with social media. I routinely sat for a few hours in line when I worked at Alta during college. We usually ended up getting out of our cars and talking to each other rather than post Instagram stories about getting stuck.

I even drove my 2WD car up the hill on 4x4 days late season when the bus had stopped running and I had to get to work. Once the Marshall even pulled me out of a ditch when I slid off the road. Didn’t even give me a ticket.

But. I will say there are also more people trying to ski powder than two or three decades ago so 8000 skiers on the groomed feels like a lot less than 6000 racing down the High T.
    I don't know how long ago college was, but if you haven't been around the last few years, you really have no clue!

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I don't know how long ago college was, but if you haven't been around the last few years, you really have no clue!
    Fair enough. Been out of the LCC shit show for about six years now.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Where are you thinking?
    I heard Alpental needs an apprentice baker

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This thread is a mirror of the I70 bitch thread. It’s fucking hilarious.
    Just like the skiing between Colorado and Utah, there's no comparison.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

I heard Alpental needs an apprentice baker
    If I was a Baker I'd probably be looking for a city like it...

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Just like the skiing between Colorado and Utah, there's no comparison.
    Yeah we get it, the Utards feel the need to brag about the better skiing they have, to make up for the fact that they have to live in fucking Salt Lake City.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Yeah we get it, the Utards feel the need to brag about the better skiing they have, to make up for the fact that they have to live in fucking Salt Lake City.
    This would make a lot more sense if you weren't in BROulder

I blame the Vault.
    There has to be some funny business going on up there.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I blame the Vault.
    There has to be some funny business going on up there.
    Bet they won't have to pay the toll.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    flash that LDS ID card and get waved on through
    I think you just need to flash your magic undies.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Everyone should move to SLC. Clean air, progressive, great beer. CO is tired.

I've had some excellent beer in Utah. Whiskey too!

we do not need another thread comparing UT and CO

This would make a lot more sense if you weren't in BROulder
    You know what makes it even better? He's not in Boulder... he's in Highlands Ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Everyone should move to SLC. Clean air, progressive, great beer. CO is tired.

Why are you jealous butthurt east coast transplants even posting in this thread?

Isn't there some gay Vail epic thread you could be posting how gnar you are in?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You know what makes it even better? He's not in Boulder... he's in Highlands Ranch.
    Shouldn’t you be skiing at sol vista or some shit ?

I lived in boulder the previous 6 years tho

Shouldn’t you be skiing at sol vista or some shit ?
    Eldora, numbnuts. Get it straight.

I lived in boulder the previous 6 years tho
    What do you want, a cookie?

Can I get a cookie?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Can I get a cookie?
    Chocolate chip is your only option... izzat OK?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    uh 19BBIutarded committee is working
    on plans to avoid the momo conspiracy
    of passageway to the sacred UllR slopes
    its pretty simple for me as the host baker
    unless you need to check the lcc of some list or have bros that only go there or wanna see pros
    its not worth it and i don't even pay
    id rather go up north for a day
    and ifin the brolorado had better snow vibe or maggots willing to host
    the bbi19 would be there
    im real glad i started and remain a ocer
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Where are you thinking?
    In case you didn't get the cryptic response, Bob is keen on NE Oregon. Biking will keep me here for the foreseeable future, but if the population growth forecasts are remotely close it kinda feels inevitable that we'll have to leave one day. The thought of ~2 million people in the valley and ~5 million between Ogden and Spanish Fork is kinda nauseating. Where then? I supposed it will depend on where everyone else moves to in the next 10-20 years. Might have to forgo proximity to lift-served skiing for affordability reasons, but my body would probably thank me for that anyway.

Back to the topic at hand, I wonder how the coming fleets of on-demand autonomous vehicles might change the dynamic. Open an app, yourself and several others get picked up in an optimized order as the car works it's way towards the canyon. Get dropped off, car goes down canyon and repeats or goes elsewhere. Much higher "carpooling" rate, zipper merge gets done much more efficiently, no clueless idiots in 2wd vehicles and bald tires, parking issues largely cease to exist. Cost-wise it might be not much more than it would have cost you in gas to drive yourself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    In case you didn't get the cryptic response, Bob is keen on NE Oregon. Biking will keep me here for the foreseeable future, but if the population growth forecasts are remotely close it kinda feels inevitable that we'll have to leave one day. The thought of ~2 million people in the valley and ~5 million between Ogden and Spanish Fork is kinda nauseating. Where then? I supposed it will depend on where everyone else moves to in the next 10-20 years. Might have to forgo proximity to lift-served skiing for affordability reasons, but my body would probably thank me for that anyway.

Back to the topic at hand, I wonder how the coming fleets of on-demand autonomous vehicles might change the dynamic. Open an app, yourself and several others get picked up in an optimized order as the car works it's way towards the canyon. Get dropped off, car goes down canyon and repeats or goes elsewhere. Much higher "carpooling" rate, zipper merge gets done much more efficiently, no clueless idiots in 2wd vehicles and bald tires, parking issues largely cease to exist. Cost-wise it might be not much more than it would have cost you in gas to drive yourself up.
    no bullshit but im still kinda not in the autonomous car boat quite yet....Guess its the first step in getting us used to our mechanical overlords...Think of it this way..how many times have you had to "reboot" your windows machine for it to magically "work" again normally..what happens when the car computer decides to not "work" correctly? Will there always be an override? you're a passenger though...what good would an override do? Yeah sure...they'll put redundant systems in place, but even redundant systems can fail, and its only worth so much to place redundancy everywhere would just put consumer costs far too high. Redundancy is also only as good as the logic behind it. Ive seen more than enough redundant systems fail due to poor logic. Its neat shit, but we're just arent even close to mass scale yet..start putting 100,000's of those things on the road and you'll start to see their weaknesses pretty quick i'll bet.

[/end thread drift]

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    no bullshit but im still kinda not in the autonomous car boat quite yet....Guess its the first step in getting us used to our mechanical overlords...Think of it this way..how many times have you had to "reboot" your windows machine for it to magically "work" again normally..what happens when the car computer decides to not "work" correctly? Will there always be an override? you're a passenger though...what good would an override do? Yeah sure...they'll put redundant systems in place, but even redundant systems can fail, and its only worth so much to place redundancy everywhere would just put consumer costs far too high. Redundancy is also only as good as the logic behind it. Ive seen more than enough redundant systems fail due to poor logic. Its neat shit, but we're just arent even close to mass scale yet..start putting 100,000's of those things on the road and you'll start to see their weaknesses pretty quick i'll bet.

[/end thread drift]
    Fortunately, the autonomous cars' "weaknesses" will still PALE in comparison to the human drivers' weaknesses. And that will keep us on the right track.

BRING ME MY ROBOT OVERLORDS!!