Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    You are correct, it does look like the entire area is National Forest. However, there are blotches of private land in the bottom of the valleys. If you get lucky and find land that borders the national forest...you have a very big back yard. This is one of the major attractions of this area for us.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I do not know anything about colorado fishing and am not familiar with many areas. I would buy this but it is just a little too far off the pavement for me .https://www.remax.com/realestatehome...305587666.html
    off your knees Louie

Welp...today is a disappointing in the search. We thought we had found the land, made a really strong offer and the seller did not accept and is not countering. The land sits 50% in a trust and 50% with an older woman. Two of the kids and her wanted to accept and the third couldn't agree. Resulting in a bunch of fighting and the mom throwing her hands up and is going to sell her share to the trust so the kids can fight about it without her. They may pull from the market, or they may come back to us in a month or so...who knows. Either way, it is a giant cluster of dysfunction.

The search continues.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Colorado Fishing Cabin

The search is over. When we missed on this land, we were pretty disappointed and threw in the towel for the rest of the summer. Got busy with other things, etc. It ended up being a great blessing to our family.

A couple things happened, good things, and we will be living full time in Basalt within the next couple months, just wrapping up the contract on a place, hopefully tomorrow. Will be living in the Y between the Pan and the Fork, less then half a mile from one and 3/4 of a mile from the other. Once we are there, would love to connect with any mags in the valley.

Congrats! That is great news, I will have to come up and check out the fishing when you get settled in.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    The search is over. When we missed on this land, we were pretty disappointed and threw in the towel for the rest of the summer. Got busy with other things, etc. It ended up being a great blessing to our family.

A couple things happened, good things, and we will be living full time in Basalt within the next couple months, just wrapping up the contract on a place, hopefully tomorrow. Will be living in the Y between the Pan and the Fork, less then half a mile from one and 3/4 of a mile from the other. Once we are there, would love to connect with any mags in the valley.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Nice work Gretch!

We made sure to get extra space for visitors hoping we get a couple more floating through!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Congrats on fulfilling the dream. Many more to come.

Not a bad V.

I'll definitely drop by a few beers your way.

Looking forward to it. Denver is a cool town and all, but not a place that people come to visit for more then a day or two...usually just passing by.

Long shot...but if any mags know a good contractor in the valley, we have a handful of weeks worth of work we need done in November before we move in.

congrats...I'll be passing through in January.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Welcome to the valley!
    Basalt’s nice and you’ll really like it here.

Sent you a PM.

Cool! Congrats!