Verbier insider tips and tricks?

Search turned up only old threads, but I suck at searching. May be going to the FWT event there and would like to get a bead on lodging especially ahead of time. Traveling solo, or possibly with one a Thing.

Any mags residing there or made a recent trip? Would like to be able to walk to as much as possible and spend as little money as possible. I know that's probably easier said then done.

Best ways to get around or specific part of the village in which to try to reside?

Whatcha got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    The train was very scenic, with views of the Alps and Lake Geneva, the train headed round the lake then stopping in Martigny, where we went from an Inter regional train to a regional one. The regional train headed up through the valley, past mountain vineyards and little villages to our end destination of Le Chable.

After dumping our clothes at the De La Poste hotel, it was a case of getting changed quickly; grab some hire skis for my Dad and then head up the mountain and ski.
    this is from my review when I was there 4 years ago... I staying in La chable and took the gondola up every day. Ate in Verbier at night and bussed home to the hotel.

I would highly recommend this for cheaper accommodation. Verbier is one expensive place.
    Last edited by scott_donald; 03-02-2018 at 06:54 PM.

^ He means Le Chable. Le Basecamp there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Basecamp or Una Lodge in Le Chable for low cost. Gondola runs down from town until about 19:00 after which there are buses. That’s Easter weekend so you’ll need to get in quick. I can help you out with gear if you need