Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Scot Schmidt steep tech, wear it or put it in a glass case ?

The question is in the title, what's your opinion ?

Wear it. Own it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Wear it, sell it or give it to someone in need of a new shell. Glass case is crazy talk imho
    "Not all who wander are lost"

butt naked, boots on, Pit Vipers, 8 ball.

DO IT.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Perfect for LBD

It’s like a tuxedo. Only worn for special occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    It’s like a tuxedo. Only worn for special occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's more like cake trying to have it and eat it too

Scot Schmidt steep tech, wear it or put it in a glass case ?

Not mine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3102.JPG 
Views:	554 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	226583

Sell it on Jap E-Bay. About ten years ago, those books were paying ridiculous amounts of $$$ for Steep Tech gear.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Sell it on Jap E-Bay. About ten years ago, those books were paying ridiculous amounts of $$$ for Steep Tech gear.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    LMAO
    go see this thread ( wanted: og north face steep tech ) under under( general ski and snowboard discusions. _) go about 5 posts back.
    I am not asian but I am the meat head paying the over inflated prices on EBAY.
    I would put it on a scarecrow doing a SMEAR TURN off my FRONT PORCH before I would ever sell it.
    TGR forums however are filled with PPL who actually Knew( Know ) Scot Himself ( I have never met him but by the sounds of it he would have no problem with me referring to him by first name).
    I may be willing to trade with someone... say perhaps, their wearable piece for one of my collectable pieces if I knew they were gonna cherish it , or perhaps vice versa or in a perfect world, their bibs for my coat.
    I am new to the forum, I am not new to TGR and I am not new the love for the best gear ever made.
    All I can do is hope this thread keeps getting bumped and the right ppl notice

I have a red and yellow Doug Coombs Steep Skiing Camps jacket. I wear it like a tuxedo on powder daze.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    I have a red and yellow Doug Coombs Steep Skiing Camps jacket. I wear it like a tuxedo on powder daze.
    this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    butt naked, boots on, Pit Vipers, 8 ball.

DO IT.
    Bah! Definitely 8 balls. And would have to complete the look with a headband and a pair of old Bolle gogs.

I'm not sure any ski gear has quite enough historical value to be kept in a glass case. If I ever found a pair of the original yellow Salomon 1080's, I would definitely go take that shit into the park.

But, on an unrelated note, tech talk, JONG!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

^^ What's with the stick?
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

Quote Originally Posted by peds View Post
    ^^ What's with the stick?
    That's what would soon Become " GPS "
    It is like the flag on the back of a dune buggy. On the steeps when the sluff overtook these guys, you could tell if they were upright or in trouble

I like it. I might give it a go.
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

Quote Originally Posted by cobblehiller View Post
    [/I]I may be willing to trade with someone... say perhaps, their wearable piece for one of my collectable pieces if I knew they were gonna cherish it , or perhaps vice versa or in a perfect world, their bibs for my coat.
    Pictures?
    Size?

PM Flowing Alpy - he has a one-piece he stole from a Parlament-Funkadelic show...might be willing to trade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4736.JPG 
Views:	928 
Size:	524.4 KB 
ID:	226604
    Red in the middle is my original. ( story under other thread ) a million miles and million verts. Medium 96/97 bought new by me. Good to fair well used condition. Too small since the day I bought it.
    left is 96/97 with matching pants , but not the "bibs" xl coat, L pants, pristine condition bought from ebay last year to put a dent in my midlife crisis. ( The Tuxedo )
    right is the one I just got from ebay that I want to wear. Its xl in the mango not the bright yellow and I don't knwo what year it is.
    It doesn't have the kevlar and the left vent zip goes through to the bottom instead of the pit zip.
    I Think that makes it a 94 or 95 ? Prisine condition , may have even been unworn till 3 weeks ago.
    If I could find the bibs for it, I would wear that , glass case the lemon, and part with red.
    Or If I knew the lemon was going to in a glass case at Squaw I might be convinced. As long as we are all on the same page and know these are just more than 25 old ski coats.

Anyone just jumping in the thread please scroll it.
    Last edited by cobblehiller; 03-03-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Scot Schmidt Starter Kit! Nice Thrift Shop score. Happy Halloween.

the little bamboo stick is for sticking in the snow like mini wind sock so when the Heli pilot is coming in he can see the flag blowing and get an idea of the wind direction,

Quote Originally Posted by cobblehiller View Post
    this one ?
    Yes this one. I actually got it from Doug C. at one of his famous yard sales. I also have a sweet down Summer bag I purchased from him.

My jacket is a prized possession. Historic in design and function, it has a sweet pocket for a Nalgene bottle, to be used in the pre Camelbak days.

Lots of pockets.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I bought a brand new TNF Steep Tech parka at a Labor Day tent sale in 92 about a month after I moved to Tahoe. It was a yellow/black one, made me look like a bumblebee. I sent that thing back to TNF multiple times for zipper & velcro replacement. I love The North Face, absolutely the best customer service & lifetime warranty of any company I have ever had the pleasure to deal with!
    That thing was faded and threadbare by the time I sold it for $100 on eBay about 12 years ago. Who knows how much it would be worth now, or maybe it would just vaporize if I tried to package it up.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    My jacket is a prized possession. Historic in design and function, it has a sweet pocket for a Nalgene bottle, to be used in the pre Camelbak days.

Lots of pockets.
    One day we will ski together my friend one day

RIP
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime