Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'd wear the F out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    It’s like a tuxedo. Only worn for special occasions.

this ^^^

for my generation... Schmidt set The example. for the video Age... but

let's remember WarrenMiller, Barrymore, JimMcConkey, Stein . . . the list never ends...

I don't think you can go wrong either way - but mine is ,,, put away. to remind me of glory days.

SSchmidt is one of my guys.

Thanks... for this thread. tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

C'mon man . TNF can't compere to zee real deal ski threads, as seen herr

https://degre7.com/en/content/43-history-degre7

Scot had Patrick Vallençant posters on his wall

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Wear it. Own it.
    Hell yeah!

Stomping it!

My mother-in-law happened to dig into a garbage bag of clothes my sister-in-law didn't want a few years back. In the bag was a circa '87-88 TNF Extreme Suit in Medium. She set it aside and sent it back home with my wife when she was in town. I was STOKED. Fit like a glove, in excellent condition and head-to-toe zips.

I've worn it 20+ days a season the last three years. Skinny skis, fat skis, monoskis... sunny days, deep pow... with rippers, with kids... It always plays well. I was still in diapers when Blizzard/License came out, but watching them decades later framed my entire reference of what skiing is. I'd love to get a mid-90's kevlar Steeptech to wear. I'd rock that shit everyday.

Name:  IMG_0458.PNG
Views: 1550
Size:  828.2 KB

I wasn't in diapers but being a flatlander I wasn't much of a skier at that time either. but yes frame of reference of what skiing is , is a good way to put it.
    Was that your avatar photo prior to this thread ?
    Other than the odd old rich dentist who has one and has no idea what it is, the shredders in here are the ones who have the few straggles.
    They"re like you and I , to us it's a lot more than 20 yo ski gear. My Medium ( red) has been too small since the day I bought it, if we can prove we are worthy, Maybe we can get someone to loosen their grip on a pair of bibs for me and in turn get you in to my coat to rock and rip in.
    I have revived an old thread and started this one.
    eventually I will be starting one in " gear swap" but it's way to early. I've only been in the forums for 3 weeks, and I need everyone to know I am not naive enough to think I can just zip in here and find someone to just hand me a set of Schmidt bibs and say" oh yeah they're a little musty they've been in a crumpled pile for a decade, never thought I was gonna have a use for them "
    not gonna happen.
    Last edited by cobblehiller; 03-08-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    Growing up I was a very technical skier at a tiny ski hill, now when I go back, I just take the whole thing in ... with flexion, then extension. And yeah I am over it.

Ha, yes, that was indeed my avatar originally for years. A random Schmidt shot.

What dreams may come!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Scientist View Post
    My mother-in-law happened to dig into a garbage bag of clothes my sister-in-law didn't want a few years back. In the bag was a circa '87-88 TNF Extreme Suit in Medium. She set it aside and sent it back home with my wife when she was in town. I was STOKED. Fit like a glove, in excellent condition and head-to-toe zips.

I've worn it 20+ days a season the last three years. Skinny skis, fat skis, monoskis... sunny days, deep pow... with rippers, with kids... It always plays well. I was still in diapers when Blizzard/License came out, but watching them decades later framed my entire reference of what skiing is. I'd love to get a mid-90's kevlar Steeptech to wear. I'd rock that shit everyday.

I had the same suit in red on blue. I rocked it everyday for several years in the 80’s, but eventually got too fat. It sat in the closet until October, when we moved, it went to Habitat.
    Of course I’ve lost 15 lbs. since then.

curious

while the stuff always looked pretty good

did it/does it still work as well as modern gear ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

That's fucking hideous. I don't mean that in a bad way

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Scientist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    curious

while the stuff always looked pretty good

did it/does it still work as well as modern gear ?
    on the steep tech coats the zippers are positionedso that while wearing the coat you can zip or unzip them with one hand, without having to pull or tug slack material with the other. This is just one small example. There are others feature that still make them way better. However the answer is NO NOT AT ALL. The materials, waterproofness, water repelency, breathability and insulation are way better with new stuff.
    Growing up I was a very technical skier at a tiny ski hill, now when I go back, I just take the whole thing in ... with flexion, then extension. And yeah I am over it.

Quote Originally Posted by cobblehiller View Post
    on the steep tech coats the zippers are positionedso that while wearing the coat you can zip or unzip them with one hand, without having to pull or tug slack material with the other. This is just one small example. There are others feature that still make them way better. However the answer is NO NOT AT ALL. The materials, waterproofness, water repelency, breathability and insulation are way better with new stuff.
    I kinda figured that^^
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

LMAO
    go see this thread ( wanted: og north face steep tech ) under under( general ski and snowboard discusions. _) go about 5 posts back.
    I am not asian but I am the meat head paying the over inflated prices on EBAY.
    I would put it on a scarecrow doing a SMEAR TURN off my FRONT PORCH before I would ever sell it.
    TGR forums however are filled with PPL who actually Knew( Know ) Scot Himself ( I have never met him but by the sounds of it he would have no problem with me referring to him by first name).
    I may be willing to trade with someone... say perhaps, their wearable piece for one of my collectable pieces if I knew they were gonna cherish it , or perhaps vice versa or in a perfect world, their bibs for my coat.
    I am new to the forum, I am not new to TGR and I am not new the love for the best gear ever made.
    All I can do is hope this thread keeps getting bumped and the right ppl notice
    you're new around here seriously youre masterbating over the wrong guy. the biggest boners are for the GSA and big air dave

Sent from my SM-G930F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

NF SteepTech was bomber but heavy. I think I had every fart bag - a couple:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	North1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	227553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NF2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	637.5 KB 
ID:	227555

Coombs stuff is Marmot:

Name:	Coombs2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	227556

Again, I had the fartbag version (circa 93/94 maybe) and Marmot was good enough to turn it into a quasi bib/pant after I ripped the ass out:

Name:	Coombs3.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	227557

Ski Tux fershor

eta: when fartbags became passe, I donated them to the Big Sky Veteran's assistance program. Someone scored /:~>
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    you're new around here seriously youre masterbating over the wrong guy. the biggest boners are for the GSA and big air dave

There is a lot of gear to love, there are a lot of skiers to wannabe, there were ppl who did it before Scot, there are guys who did way more after. I am all about Schmidt.

Take good care of it. Break it out for Retro/Longboard day.. Tux analogy works well..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

There is a lot of gear to love, there are a lot of skiers to wannabe, there were ppl who did it before Scot, there are guys who did way more after. I am all about Schmidt.
    you missed the joke

i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Scot Schmidt steep tech, wear it or put it in a glass case ?

Does this count? Yours truly, on the backside circa ‘92?
    I miss that onesie.

Name:	IMG_2477.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	576.2 KB 
ID:	227664
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2477.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	227662  
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^^ I've got some Pro Am gloves that look almost exactly like those. I still use them.. same colors as my daily driver CoreUPT Lunatic skis.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

So whom is it again thats pulling their steep tech bibs outta hidin for me ?

When wearing, you need to ski like this

. . .

STEEP TECH Schmidt Model

That was great. Who da guy on the Sims ?
    I bought this jacket for half price, early 90's.
    still have it, it's got high miles but still rocks.
    and No, I don't have a man purse to go with it. I have a purple fanny pack

This grey jacket is from The North Face’s Steep Tech series, originally released in 1991 as one of the label’s first athlete-designed collections and draws inspiration from Scot Schmidt, a pioneer of extreme skiing. It’s made from black and yellow recycled polyester technical panels with fleece sleeves and has a high neck, zipped pockets and signature logo motifs

https://www.matchesfashion.com/us/pr...jacket-1403553
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steeptech.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	352548  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

This is in the mail on its way to me... I'll rock it regularly for sure with my SX92's. Now I need to find some K2 TNC's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    This is in the mail on its way to me... I'll rock it regularly for sure with my SX92's. Now I need to find some K2 TNC's.
    Shit, I had a mint pair of 204’s that I gave away

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Lol, I had that same sweater back in the day. Developed a nice aroma, since I was afraid to wash wool.