Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Up to 20.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What skis are you all thinking of mounting the Shifts? Want to try to score an end of year deal so was thinking of pulling the trigger on some Atomic Backland fr 102s soon. Not sure if they will be too heavy at 1920g for the 188cm

Quote Originally Posted by m33922 View Post
    What skis are you all thinking of mounting the Shifts? Want to try to score an end of year deal so was thinking of pulling the trigger on some Atomic Backland fr 102s soon. Not sure if they will be too heavy at 1920g for the 188cm
    I'm in the same boat. Either going Line Sick Day Tourist (1750g for 186), Line Sick Day 104 (1900g for 186) or 4frnt Raven (1750 for 184). Can get them all for about $350 where I'm located. But no clue otherwise.

Sup with the backlands?

same camber /rocker as the Black Crow Camox which i have and like a lot, just at a lighter weight and not too expensive ~350

Thanks margotron for putting this together! Just called TMS and paid so we are up to 21.

Quote Originally Posted by m33922 View Post
    Believe it or not, I actually think I'm gonna go with a Moment Bibby (2100g for 184cm)...

I figure with the shift binding it will still feel lighter than a touring ski with a frame binding, plus I can rock it at 100% on a resort day.

But if not that, then I'll just remount my Meridians (1870g @ 181cm).

Quote Originally Posted by GiantManta View Post
    Thanks margotron for putting this together! Just called TMS and paid so we are up to 21.
    Holla and welcome!

Did you update the spreadsheet?

margotron - spreadsheet is updated!

I may keep my 191 Lhasa pow pures.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I’m still on the fence, but I will come off it soon.

I’m thinking something between 115-120mm underfoot.

First ski candidate is my current 189 Billy Goats. No shit. Travel setup.

I’m considering a pair of the 189 steeple 116 that remain. A little more forgiving flex without giving up much variable snow performance. I recently jumped on a pair of the 184 w/ tectons. Impressive downhill performance, just don’t want my boots to get dimpled - I slide out on the skin track all the time.

Would also consider custom GPO in the praxis sale. Also interested in a lithic offering (Cohen or Arlo)

All of these would make for “whatever condition” travel setups with an obvious powder bias.

For a ski under 110mm, or for days with more vert, I’d be content to use vipecs, Sally mtns or something similar.

This binding is a duke/guardian, cast and tecton replacement more than a lighter tech binding replacement. Freeride. Start traveling to powdery destinations with just this setup. Or this plus something super fat.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

This is basically being described by Blister as an alpine binding with great tech capability. It really is a frame binding killer... but it's no where near light enough to be a total tech replacement.

I'm thinking of putting them in 190 Bibby tours as my main resort ski/big pow bc ski. Maybe I should do regular bibbys instead?

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I'm thinking of putting them in 190 Bibby tours as my main resort ski/big pow bc ski. Maybe I should do regular bibbys instead?
    Yes and sell me the tours

Seriously. I'm thinking tour 190 for a pow setup

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I’m still on the fence, but I will come off it soon.

I’m thinking something between 115-120mm underfoot.

First ski candidate is my current 189 Billy Goats. No shit. Travel setup.

I’m considering a pair of the 189 steeple 116 that remain. A little more forgiving flex without giving up much variable snow performance. I recently jumped on a pair of the 184 w/ tectons. Impressive downhill performance, just don’t want my boots to get dimpled - I slide out on the skin track all the time.

Would also consider custom GPO in the praxis sale. Also interested in a lithic offering (Cohen or Arlo)

All of these would make for “whatever condition” travel setups with an obvious powder bias.

For a ski under 110mm, or for days with more vert, I’d be content to use vipecs, Sally mtns or something similar.

This binding is a duke/guardian, cast and tecton replacement more than a lighter tech binding replacement. Freeride. Start traveling to powdery destinations with just this setup. Or this plus something super fat.
    Bingo! Putting them on Goats or GPOs for the pow/deep touring days/travel skis. Got the 110 brakes and will bend to fit!

Roger that on Blister their most recent Gear30 episode just gushed all over these binders!

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Yes and sell me the tours

Seriously. I'm thinking tour 190 for a pow setup

Would the tours still be decent for a 70/30 ski or go with regular Bibby pros? I have 08 bibby pros in 186 and 2016 black crow corvus freebirds for the less deep days.

Also, 120 brakes for the 190 Bibby tours right? They're 118 underfoot.

Would the tours still be decent for a 70/30 ski or go with regular Bibby pros? I have 08 bibby pros in 186 and 2016 black crow corvus freebirds for the less deep days.

120 brakes for sure

Blister just published their second look at the Bibby Tour vs. Bibby Pro. You can find it here:

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...by-blister-pro

After reading that, I'm going with the 184 Bibby Pro and mounting the Shift with the 110 brake. The 184 bibby is 116 and based on the post in the Shift AMA, it looks like I won't even have to bend them...

here's the 100mm brakes mounted on a Salomon QST 99 (original post here). My guess is that you could mount the 110 brakes on a 118 and only need to bend them slightly...? Idk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNgbPUN.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	228349

I swapped my pair to a QST 118 and the 110 brake is perfect. I’ll try to get a photo up this weekend.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    This is basically being described by Blister as an alpine binding with great tech capability. It really is a frame binding killer... but it's no where near light enough to be a total tech replacement.

Maybe not for some of the lighter tech bindings but seems like a good replacement for the Dynafits 2.0s and the like. I have the Radical STs 2.0s and never trusted them to not prerelease (as they did a number of times) so now ski them locked out, which isn't a good idea. I'll take the 200gram increase per binding (865 vs 651) for a consistent release and Alpine binding feel. Going to keep my inbounds set up.

But obviously everyone has different goals / skis in completely different places, just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    I swapped my pair to a QST 118 and the 110 brake is perfect. I’ll try to get a photo up this weekend.
    no now we need a photo now now now now

I might need to change my request. I ordered 100 on a 104mm ski. seemed the obvious call but 90 on 104 plus bend seems better than hanging my brakes all over the place which appanrelty the 100s will do

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    no now we need a photo now now now now

I might need to change my request. I ordered 100 on a 104mm ski. seemed the obvious call but 90 on 104 plus bend seems better than hanging my brakes all over the place which appanrelty the 100s will do
    I think a 100 for a 104 will be fine, I wouldn't stress personally... but yeah let's get pics for the 110 on a 118.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    I would also like a photo. I order 110's to put on a 108, sounds like I need to size down for sure.

With that said, the Blister review said Salomon was going to tweak the brakes before retail release, I wonder if the will size them correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    I would also like a photo. I order 110's to put on a 108, sounds like I need to size down for sure.

With that said, the Blister review said Salomon was going to tweak the brakes before retail release, I wonder if the will size them correctly?
    Nothing a blow torch can’t fix! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Blister just published their second look at the Bibby Tour vs. Bibby Pro. You can find it here:

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...by-blister-pro

After reading that, I'm going with the 184 Bibby Pro and mounting the Shift with the 110 brake. The 184 bibby is 116 and based on the post in the Shift AMA, it looks like I won't even have to bend them...

here's the 100mm brakes mounted on a Salomon QST 99 (original post here). My guess is that you could mount the 110 brakes on a 118 and only need to bend them slightly...? Idk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNgbPUN.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	228349
    Damn that just sold me on the bibbys over the tours... Looks like I have to change my brake size as well.

Damn that just sold me on the bibbys over the tours... Looks like I have to change my brake size as well.
    What sold you on the non tour from that review?