Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ^^^ Yup

Everyone is winning here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Everyone is winning here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

God damnit can’t decide... want to put them on a pair of goats, 110 or 120.

I'll make it simple:

Measure them. If over 116 go 120. If under 116 go 110 if 116.00 you're fucked

For you summit/front range locals demo day at LL will have the shift! Plan to get on it and justify my impulse buying!

https://backcountrymagazine.com/back...2018-loveland/

Official Group Buy Thread for Salomon S/LAB SHIFT Binders

That's what I'm talking about ! Join the club

And report back obviously.

I'm interested in this, I'll probably prepay shortly - gonna sleep on it.

Noticed MSRP is $650 and MAP is $550. So this is 15% off of MAP, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post

Same here. Definitely interested. The skis i want to put them on have already been mounted twice (FKS and guardians). Would mounting them a third time compromise the ski?

Depends on the skis. Those Guardians put a lot of holes in a ski. May be tough trying to find the holes for the correct mounting point the third time around.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yeah, that is what I am worried about. Trying to determine if I could shift they mount point slightly and have them work.

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post

15% off 550, yes, but 20% off if we hit 30 preorders. We're on track.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Depends on the skis. Those Guardians put a lot of holes in a ski. May be tough trying to find the holes for the correct mounting point the third time around.
    If you don't want to ever remount the ski, you can epoxy or cement the screws if one has a conflict. They aren't going anywhere. Depends on your shop though. And individual holes can be filled if there is 1-2 conflicts.

If it is Swiss cheese, idk.

--

My thinking is that if they don't work for me for whatever reason, I can resell to recoup my costs and maybe even turn a slight profit at the $440 price. These things are going to sell out around the country by Thanksgiving.

Update for everyone keeping score at home: as of March 12, we have 14 preorders. 16 to go to 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Update for everyone keeping score at home: as of March 12, we have 14 preorders. 16 to go to 20%.
    I wonder how many of us are holding out to hit or get closer to that 30 number?

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    I wonder how many of us are holding out to hit or get closer to that 30 number?
    It's a good question and one I'd love to know the answer to. If anyone is waiting, you're doing yourself a disservice!

I'd also like to point out that if anybody is on the fence due to possible trustworthiness, then pay with standard Paypal (with 3% fee) because it has full buyer protection.

That said, I'm certain Tahoe Mountain Sports is trustworthy, they're a brick-and-mortar in Truckee - been there for years

Dave called me right after I put my deposit down to get my details right. I think there is no reason not to trust.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I just got brand new Tectons and Helio 116s mounted in there the other day. Picked them up and chatted with Dave about the Tectons and their funky brake setup and whatnot for a few minutes.

Mount was solid. Price was right. Dave's a good dude and does a lot of good stuff for the local community (both Truckee at large, and BC ski community specifically). Definitely buy with confidence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Up to 16 folk! We're coming around the back half

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    I'm inclined to get the 110 brake and try to make them work on a wider ski 116-118, than get the 120 brake. Thoughts?
    That's exactly what I'm going to do.

Blister just posted their review. Haven't read it yet:http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-mnc-binding/2

edit: seems page 1 is old. page 2 is new

Just sent money in for 2 pairs! Cheers

Official Group Buy Thread for Salomon S/LAB SHIFT Binders

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    +1. +1.

Appreciate the organizing. 20% off seems fair -- though with Evo/BC + ActiveJunky and CC most of us can get close to that. Suppose we can pay TMS with a cc to grab a few more. Anyone worked with TMS remotely for warranty issues etc that can vouch?

Any chance if TMS or someone else can say whether these will ship with a template? Or will it be brew our-own?
    I lived down the street and know these guys. They are great and know what they are talking about. I would support them as a local ski shop.

That said, they are not going to want to help us a whole lot if we come whining and crying about buying bindings through then at a discount they provide. If you are a noob or a jong, kindly move on. From the intuition group buy days, I can vouch that it is not likely to be a great experience for you if you desire hand holding.

Thanks for setting up another group buy. I am seeing a hint that last season touring bindings are almost out of stock on Solly’s site.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    I lived down the street and know these guys. They are great and know what they are talking about. I would support them as a local ski shop.

That said, they are not going to want to help us a whole lot if we come whining and crying about buying bindings through then at a discount they provide. If you are a noob or a jong, kindly move on. From the intuition group buy days, I can vouch that it is not likely to be a great experience for you if you desire hand holding.

Thanks for setting up another group buy. I am seeing a hint that last season touring bindings are almost out of stock on Solly’s site.
    +1 oh and #mountyourownbindings