Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Cup

Finn Iles 3rd in the Roto DH is pretty impressive against a talented field, although the wet track conditions made it a bit of a gamble.

Speaking of, GAMBLE looks like a good DH movie, can't wait to see it.

Holy Hell. Columbia EWS Delivers!!!
    (that is to say, Sam Hill FTMFW........... Again ............. By what can only be described as a Sam Hill margin)
    However many are in a shit ton.

Always been a Sam fan but that was an impressive win. Not an ez sport to be consistent in

Sam Hill should ride some uci DH races this season. It would be remarkable if he could exert his dominance across multiple disciplines simultaneously.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Finn Iles 3rd in the Roto DH is pretty impressive against a talented field, although the wet track conditions made it a bit of a gamble.

Speaking of, GAMBLE looks like a good DH movie, can't wait to see it.
    Despite the track conditions, I have a lot of confidence in Finn. He had a solid lead on some serious contenders, who rode a track very similar if not dryer than his (Eliot Jackson, Loic bruni).
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Sam Hill should ride some uci DH races this season. It would be remarkable if he could exert his dominance across multiple disciplines simultaneously.
    That’d be cool to see. Maybe Andorra or st anne. They’re late in the year. Not sure what the la bresse, France track is like. I don’t hear many good things about lenzerheide(world champs this year)

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Holy Hell. Columbia EWS Delivers!!!
    (that is to say, Sam Hill FTMFW........... Again ............. By what can only be described as a Sam Hill margin)
    How are you watching/following it?

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    How are you watching/following it?
    Pinkbike and VitalMTB usually have pretty solid photo/written coverage of the races, and there are usually "raw" and teaser videos that come out during each race weekend. For this race, there was actually some coverage on Colombian tv that pinkbike posted (https://www.pinkbike.com/news/live-n...s-7-amp-8.html).

But probably the best way to following the series is on EWS's youtube channel where they post course previews, updates and then ~20 minute highlights videos a couple days following each round.

Along the lines of following racing, I've been running a (very) simplistic EWS fantasy league with a few friends, partly as a test bed for a downhill fantasy league if Dirt magazine doens't run the one they did two years ago. At the moment I'm handling everything in a shared google sheet so I'm not positive how well it'll scale up but if anyone here is interested in playing I can see what kind of tricks I can pull to make it a little less of a hack job.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Along the lines of following racing, I've been running a (very) simplistic EWS fantasy league with a few friends, partly as a test bed for a downhill fantasy league if Dirt magazine doens't run the one they did two years ago. At the moment I'm handling everything in a shared google sheet so I'm not positive how well it'll scale up but if anyone here is interested in playing I can see what kind of tricks I can pull to make it a little less of a hack job.
    What kind of sweet-ass prizes will you be offering?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/announ...eam-today.html

Pinkbike / Trek is doing a fantasy league. And they even have sweet-ass prizes.

I went ahead and created a league named TGR. Password is Sprockets. Link: https://www.pinkbike.com/contest/fan...inleagueid=146

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/announ...eam-today.html

Pinkbike / Trek is doing a fantasy league. And they even have sweet-ass prizes.

I went ahead and created a league named TGR. Password is Sprockets. Link: https://www.pinkbike.com/contest/fan...inleagueid=146
    Looks like I'm tied for first place! Wicked!!!!
    Sure am hoping it goes better than the Dirt fail from the past.

Awesome, I'm glad pinkbike is going to run something. My prizes would've only been bragging rights, minus any frustration from navigating a messy spreadsheet.

Joined the fantasy league. Should be fun.

The footage of Sam Hill taking inside lines at the EWS this past weekend, drifting around (in control) with a foot off... so good.

In! bring on the sweet ass prizes.
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Agree about the end of the track, if it was a quick DH portion on pavement fine, but sprinting DH bikes setup for rocky terrain will be dumb. Dropper posts and semi slicks? Remote lockout for shock for sprint?
    Final jump into the ocean?

Well, that ended up being a heck of a race. Crazy watching the slowmo of the suspension at work.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Yea, crazy track. Bummed for Bulldog.
    Bummed for the guys who flatted, but it really shows you how far we've come that the bikes were still 100% rolling to the finish.
    Baffling how much time fast riders were losing time in the dirt section after the rocks and then again in the pavement. Hats off to Luca for seemingly blazing the fuck out of the pavement.
    What do we have now, six months or so until the next race?

Yeah, great race. Gwin's a machine.

That section between the 4 drops and the pavement.. I'll need to look at splits but it seemed that a few guys totally SMOKED everyone else there.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Really enjoyed the race both womens and mens. Also I swear I changed out Miller for Cabirou on my Pinkbike fantasy team before the race but seems I was drunk and didn't... could've been up another 100 something points.

This could fill the whole WC gap. Can’t stop watching. Hope he’s at the ews next weekend

https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/memb...83/bturman,109

And we're back.

Hopefully my entire fantasy team doesn't crash out this round.

Kinda want a good showing from Hart. He's been 2nd or 3rd a bunch of times, but he's never won it.

i'm in china for almost the entire tournament. not sure what i'll get to see

hee hee i had no idea this was i sprocket rockets! oops!

Sent from my SM-J727V using TGR Forums mobile app

I'm just not a Gwin fan, but I have a weird feeling that he's going to take the overall and World Champs this year. Rooting for others though. Pretty pysched to see Blenki and Conor in the top 10, and really really really hoping Martin doesn't blow up like he did last time he raced at Ft Bill.

Been watching Vali Holl for several years now and it's she seems poised to take Elite racing like a freight train. My guess is that (assuming she doesn't grow up and get distracted by life) she outperforms Rachel, TMo and Ann Carro and becomes the first woman to podium in men's Elite.