Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Cup

Ya talent is so deep. Probably 10ish that have a legit shot. Hope Shaw can bag one. Nice kid and sooo talented. Nice to see Suarez put a good one down. Another nice kid that always seems positive despite having the injury bug. Top 10 is amazing

Finally got to watch it. Great race, and having a deep pool of contenders makes it so much more interesting. Wonder what iles could have done if he'd stayed upright.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Finally got to watch it. Great race, and having a deep pool of contenders makes it so much more interesting. Wonder what iles could have done if he'd stayed upright.

And Minaar, would have been a potentially impressive top 10

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Ya the goat was on it. Man he was hauling on that straight stretch

Any objections to lumping Crankworx stuff into this thread? Joyride was out of hand this year. Slopestyle is absolutely bonkers now compared to ten years ago.

Geeeettttinnnnng Clooooooooose Toooooooooo Raaaaaace Daaaaaaaay!!!!!
    So psyched. Hitting Angel Fire this weekend. Will be nice to watch some WC after a day of feeling like a hero on the big bike.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Geeeettttinnnnng Clooooooooose Toooooooooo Raaaaaace Daaaaaaaay!!!!!
    So psyched. Hitting Angel Fire this weekend. Will be nice to watch some WC after a day of feeling like a hero on the big bike.
    I don't take much from the timed training runs... but... Gwin is as fast as anyone.... and Pierron is still the dude to beat.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Crazy fast course. Nothing super tech . Times are sooo close

It'll be a good race. Times are gonna be crazy tight, and all the contenders are present and more or less riding at 100%. Or at least 90%.

Still want to see Shaw take one, but I'm not sure this is the course for him.

Yes Shaw is the most deserving without a win. Seems like a really nice kid too. Just get it out of the way, then all the top dogs can get back at it for world champs. Greenland could use a first win too

Scrub a dub then Loic finishes with the lightning turn. Super fun looking course

Yeah, I wonder if some holes will form in those woods sections... the rest looks pretty bike park manicured.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

They were forecasting rain , good bet on holes developing . Looks like they’re already ripping new lines/ruts in the trees today. Dirt looks amazing right now

Maes not having been on a dh bike since fort bill isn’t showing. Kid is so composed
    Last edited by grinch; 08-23-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yes Shaw is the most deserving without a win.
    Without any nationalistic tendency, I'm inclined to think the following:
    Laurie
    Bulldog
    Connor
    Brendog
    Remi
    Bernard
    Brayton
    Moir
    Neko
    ............. are more "deserving", and would be more exciting to see get their first top box. Some more realistic than others. Give the kid a couple more years to show he's consistent, and do something to get more Americans psyched on riding bikes.

I’d be fine w any of those. Neko would be a dark horse for sure(didn’t he win one already? Chainkess?), brayton is entertaining but it’s a long shot if he makes it to the bottom let alone win. Brook is a similar wildmN but he’s atleast has that top speed this year. Like brayton, too reckless for my money(he has a win though). Moir could be a good dark horse pick but I think he needs a box first. Same with Kerr . Brendog is a fave watch but no way for a win. Connor would be cool but he needs a super gnar track. Laurie has consistent speed and I’d never count him out. Might not be gnarly enough for Remi as well, but home track/zone(I picked him but I thought the track would be tighter and more French than what it is). I just feel bad for Luca. He had the top speed the first few world cups and still looked composed, then got shaken a bit when he couldn’t close the deal. Sooo many possibilities
    Maes
    Iles
    Greg
    Gee(only one to hit 50km/h
    Gwinn
    Troy
    Loris
    Estaque
    Masters
    Probably be Amaury
    I think I change my pick every 5 minutes. Going to be a fun watch. All those have had the speed in the last couple years at some point

Yeah, I'd like to see a top 10 for estaque and e. Masters. I'd also like to see a good finish from phil atwill.

Fairclough, bulldog, remi, and fearon are all great, but they've had their moments. I'd rather see laurie, shaw, moir or (unrealistically) neko put something together.

......... so we’re all in agreement then? It’s gonna be an aaawwwwesome race!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Without a doubt. Psyched watching them rip those turns in that vital raw

Always good but this one is sweet

Atwill ftw!!

Really good camera angles on this one. Some creative line choices. Must be yesterday. Rain for today changed the course a fair bit

We’ve all probably seen this but I’ll throw this up. Maes looking composed af. One clip he’s rolling in tight behind Gwinn and carrying smooth speed

Whoever designed and taped that course did a good job. I can't think of many other courses that have such distinct line choices where one of them isn't clearly the best option.

Ya I wonder if more options will pop up with the wet or maybe less. I keep seeing pics of new sections with multi lines

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Crazy fast course. Nothing super tech . Times are sooo close
    Surprised people aren’t bringing out their trails bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Surprised people aren’t bringing out their trails bikes.
    Or even those grip shift lockouts people were using. Loic did say the course was quite physical with a few sections that you really have to get on the gas.

And he goes down like an old woman on a cruise ship hahaha. Maes with the sector 6 miracle. What a race!

Haaa the cringe heard around red bull head office.
    Congrats Martin!! Well fkn played