Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Like Mexico?

I think it's time to admit that we are more like Mexico and S. American than Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Like Mexico?

I think it's time to admit that we are more like Mexico and S. American than Europe.
    Most of the weapons used by criminal groups in Mexico originate in the United States.

Mexico has some of the strictest gun laws in the world but Mexican criminal organizations have no trouble buying firearms, which they use to control territory, extort business owners, and threaten citizens as well as members of the security forces. The consequences are lethal. To stock their arsenals, Mexican criminal organizations exploit lax U.S. gun laws, relying in part on straw purchases.

Mexican guns are so tightly tied to the U.S. that American-sourced weapons account for 70% of seized firearms in Mexico.

Source, Source

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Most of the weapons used by criminal groups in Mexico originate in the United States.
    Where are they getting their select fire weapons? Grenades? Rocket launchers? From US gun stores? Nope. From corrupt Mexican cops, military and other authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Where are they getting their select fire weapons? Grenades? Rocket launchers? From US gun stores? Nope. From corrupt Mexican cops, military and other authorities.
    Many factors have contributed to violence in Mexico. The river of iron from the United States, however, plays a key role in the country's high death toll. Just as a multibillion dollar border wall will do little to stop the tide of drugs coming into the country, it will do nothing to prevent military-grade weapons from pouring out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I got a call from S.A. looking wanting to buy 1000 night vision goggles ( Not legal to own. I could get them) when Ollie North was running guns and coke for Reagan. You live in a small world compared to me. Where the fuck do you think the Mexican military, cops and drug lords shop? Dicks S G in Tijuana?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I got a call from S.A. looking wanting to buy 1000 night vision goggles ( Not legal to own. I could get them) when Ollie North was running guns and coke for Reagan. You live in a small world compared to me. Where the fuck do you think the Mexican military, cops and drug lords shop? Dicks S G in Tijuana?
    Do you know freeway rick
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

It appears that championing gunfaggotry propagates violence

Many factors have contributed to violence in Mexico. The river of iron from the United States, however, plays a key role in the country's high death toll. Just as a multibillion dollar border wall will do little to stop the tide of drugs coming into the country, it will do nothing to prevent military-grade weapons from pouring out of it.
    I think a key component that drives homicide rates so high in both the US and Mexico is drug based organized (and unorganized for that matter) crime.

Edited cuz my engrish is bad.
    Last edited by steepconcrete; 03-01-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Freeway Rick. Not by that name. Maybe he was the guy that called and wanted to buy the analog Timex watches. Said something about timers. Heady days is some ways. Ha! Just remembered the time I sold a plaque thanking the Renu team a B&L for the rush job to develop a new eyewash for the military. 30 days before the 1st Iraq war started. Working both sides?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

My theorem gets an A+

Nobody can disprove it
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    My theorem gets an A+

Nobody can disprove it
    https://youtu.be/Q5G_BR6etac

Stomping it!

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    dont ever speak to me or my son again
    Zone Controller

It's "gunflakes," get it right.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Sounds just like the NRA. So sad an organization, that for it's first 100 years, promoted gun marksmanship and safety, is now the biggest ganfag promoter of all...the NRA has no value for human life...none.
    With all the teeth gnashing about the NRA, you'd think all the mass shooters, gang bangers, drug dealers and domestic abusers would be lifetime NRA members.

But they're not. And the NRA is still the largest firearm safety teaching organization in the world.

Take a look at the demographics of most of the 'mass shooters'. The vast majority seem to be of the dim, left, muslim, black, gay, basement dwelling types of people.

Most mass killers are gun-owning, angry, white, paranoid males, but it is also a fact that nearly all men with these same characteristics will never commit a crime.

Beyond mass shooters, the disturbing reality is that most homicides are committed by healthy people in the grip of everyday emotion using guns. That is exactly what many politicians don’t want the country to think about.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    When testing a hypothesis you don't try to prove it. You try to prove it false. Yours can be falsified by simply looking at violence rates of other countries compared to ours. Do any of the countries with higher violence rates have strict gun laws? Yes they do. Therefore your hypothesis is false.
    Much rather be where overall violence is lower. Bottom line it. And if it's so bad, why are people still breaking laws to come here, leaving nations with no civilian firearm ownership allowed what-so-eva?!?

Most mass killers are gun-owning, angry, white, paranoid males, but it is also a fact that nearly all men with these same characteristics will never commit a crime.

Beyond mass shooters, the disturbing reality is that most homicides are committed by healthy people in the grip of everyday emotion using guns. That is exactly what many politicians don’t want the country to think about.

Source
    Actually, you're incorrect, like many spouting off here.

The data in the file at the article shows the vast majority of those committing mass or spree murders were well know to authorities, had ongoing mental health issues, and many aren't white guys. Download the workbook. It has great information.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...nes-full-data/

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post

The data in the file at the article shows the vast majority of those committing mass or spree murders were well know to authorities, had ongoing mental health issues, and many aren't white guys. Download the workbook. It has great information.

lol. For the second time, nothing you wrote contradicts anything I posted.

According to your online doc, the overwhelming majority were white males and only about 15% of the killers had any known previous contact with mental health professionals.

As for the rest of the listed killers, statistically speaking, a history of violent behavior, alcohol and substance use, and previous criminal behavior are all much more significant indicators of future criminal gun violence than mental health issues. If you are saying States should have laws in place denying the purchase and/or removal of guns from people who exhibit such behavior then laws such as those would have denied guns to many more of the the people on your list.

lol. For the second time, nothing you wrote contradicts anything I posted.

According to your online doc, the overwhelming majority were white males and only about 15% of the killers had any known previous contact with mental health professionals.

As for the rest of the listed killers, statistically speaking, a history of violent behavior, alcohol and substance use, and previous criminal behavior are all much more significant indicators of future criminal gun violence than mental health issues. If you are saying States should have laws in place denying the purchase and/or removal of guns from people who exhibit such behavior then laws such as those would have denied guns to many more of the the people on your list.

Can't make you believe nor understand anything. Seems to be a common core education issue.

More than 15% had previous mental health issues. Probably half or more are foreign nationals or naturalized from outside the USA. There are laws prohibiting those adjudicated of mental health issues from owing firearms. There are laws against threatening murder. There are laws prohibiting domestic abusers from owning firearms. There are laws prohibiting falsifying information on a background check form. How about charging and trying some of these? The vast majority on the list I posted had well known, documented mental health issues.

Fine, don't enforce the existing laws. A solution that is already law is right there yet you don't want it. Think of the children.....

More than 15% had previous mental health issues. Probably half or more are foreign nationals or naturalized from outside the USA. There are laws prohibiting those adjudicated of mental health issues from owing firearms.
    lol. Now you are just making things up.

The overwhelming majority are white males. The overwhelming majority are U.S. citizens. Only about 15% of the killers had any known previous contact with mental health professionals. The rest of your so called "mental health issues" are testimonials from close contacts, i.e. a history of violent behavior, alcohol and substance use, etc. Are you saying the State should take guns away from white male U.S. citizens. when their girlfriends, coworkers or family asks it to do so?

More than 15% had previous mental health issues. There are laws prohibiting those adjudicated of mental health issues from owing firearms.
    Having "mental issues"

And having been "adjudicated" of them so that that gun ownerhip is prohibited is not same thing.

"Mental issues" preventing gun ownership is something NRA has consistently fought against because they consider the ownership of guns sacrosanct.

Probably half or more are foreign nationals or naturalized from outside the USA.
    Speaking as.

Fuck you....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Having "mental issues"

And having been "adjudicated" of them so that that gun ownerhip is prohibited is not same thing.

"Mental issues" preventing gun ownership is something NRA has consistently fought against because they consider the ownership of guns sacrosanct.

Speaking as.

Fuck you....
    You sound unstable. Perhaps the FBI should be sent to speak with you.

Firearm rights can be taken depending on the mental health issue. Blanket mental health situations causing automatic removal of rights is wrong. Some are dangerous some are not.

Similar to the no fly list, since there is no method to learn why one is posted to the list, no accusation, no trial, no court day, no jury, it is therefore unconstitutional to remove a right based on that. This is the USA. We do not live in some has been monarchy where a tyrant can simply wave a hand and take rights.

Oh...don't worry. It's not like the FBI will actually do anything useful.

Maybe INS or ICE would be more appropriate.
    Last edited by goldengatestinx; 03-14-2018 at 04:15 PM.

With mass shootings happening at a rate of .0001% and even a smaller percentage being school shootings, they should be more worried about being struck by lightning.

3000 teens die each year from texting and driving. But we give kids phones for "safety" reasons.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

This is the USA. We do not live in some has been monarchy where children at schools are unafraid of being shot and the rights of gun owners are not as important as the right for citizens safety
    Fixed it for you idiot.

And BS (stands for bull shit right?) Keep spouting the NRA party line dip shit. You've got me convinced (you're an clueless, uneducated hick). Until this shit hits home ie you and/or yours are directly affected by gun violence none of this will be real to you. Don't worry brah, you'll never get hit by lightening. No one ever does...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Distilled to its essence.

DD would like to be a gunfag, but can't swing the program on social income.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Fixed it for you idiot.

And BS (stands for bull shit right?) Keep spouting the NRA party line dip shit. You've got me convinced (you're an clueless, uneducated hick). Until this shit hits home ie you and/or yours are directly affected by gun violence none of this will be real to you. Don't worry brah, you'll never get hit by lightening. No one ever does...
    I'd be willing to bet my educational pedigree is a bit more polished than yours, but who knows.

I'm much more likely to experience violent crime as opposed to a mass shooting.

Like when My mom had her house broken into while she was there. Great point Gary. So intelligent.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.