Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

best venison brats made in missoula

any suggestions? i have an old debt to repay. i would have them sent to his place in missoula.

anybody?

not being a hunter i have no idea if there is local, "commercially" made venison brat during deer season? is it mostly, individuals getting their own kill made into brat (that was my only experience)?

in any case, i need to send a not large amount of venison brat to someone in missoula sometime in the next year, but would like to have it sent from missoula. how and when would i go about doing that to get the best results?

muchas gracias

I don’t know any place that makes venison brats but I used to frequent Diamond Bar meats when I lived there. Been a long time but I’d guess they are still around. Great jerky and sausage. You could go that route.

Pm 2funky? I think they were his venison brats at one of the BBI's

Knock on random garage doors in Frenchtown. You'll strike gold eventually.

In my experience most Montana towns (cities) have at least one good butcher/meat shop. Deemo's in Ennis is my go-to but check out chalet market, I think they do online and shipping and usually have a diverse selection( i know they do a mean buffalo brat).

Place in South Fork, CO sells game meats, and has some deer stuff, but don't think they do brats.

Grande Meats.

I find a bit of humor in this thread.

The only way to get the hook up you are looking for is to be in the good graces of someone who has GUNZ.

And we all know how that will go.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

really? only gun owners eat venison brat? i'm buying them for a hunter who normally makes his own so anybody that petty can see it as stealing from the gun fucked and giving to the gun owner.

I don't think you can buy wild game in MT. At least I've never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I don't think you can buy wild game in MT. At least I've never seen it.
    i was wondering how that would work.

Try M&S Meats along Flathead Lake. I don't see venison on the site, but a call might find out more.

BTW - their jerky is fantastic and they ship.

https://msmeats.com/meats/

best venison brats made in missoula

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Try M&S Meats along Flathead Lake. I don't see venison on the site, but a call might find out more.

Good jerky at that joint too.

Root is right...”wild”game is not legal to sell....anywhere from what I know. You can, however, buy farm raised game meats.

Wyeaster - http://www.jhbuffalomeat.com would work if you wanna go the elk route. Pricey and just ok imo tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I find a bit of humor in this thread.

The only way to get the hook up you are looking for is to be in the good graces of someone who has GUNZ.

And we all know how that will go.
    No shit.

Also wasn't this whiney little snowflake whining and crying about hunters in another thread also? What a douche.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    No shit.

Also wasn't this whiney little snowflake whining and crying about hunters in another thread also? What a douche.
    maybe you should check to see, brainiac.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Good jerky at that joint too.

Root is right...”wild”game is not legal to sell....anywhere from what I know. You can, however, buy farm raised game meats.

Wyeaster - http://www.jhbuffalomeat.com would work if you wanna go the elk route. Pricey and just ok imo tho.
    gracias!

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post

gracias!

Nah. Don't need to.
    I know you did.
    You're an internet whiner and cryer.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

the ability to make basic distinctions eludes you. so be it.

When you gotta pay debts sometimes you have to put aside moral quandries. It is unfortunately how some young ladies get sucked into the sex trades.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

There are a bunch of hunters on this forum... They couldn't sell anything to you but I think barter would be OK. I would consider it but didn't make any sausage this year. Good luck!
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

hey man, that's an interesting idea, thanks. i'll have to start picking brains during hunting season.

I don't think there's enough fat in venison to make decent sausage. I was looking at a website that had bison, elk and somethingsomething (goat?) sausage and they had them all mixed with pork, for the fat I have to assume.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don't think there's enough fat in venison to make decent sausage. I was looking at a website that had bison, elk and somethingsomething (goat?) sausage and they had them all mixed with pork, for the fat I have to assume.
    Yup, only way to do it. Ground venison has to have beef or pork fat added to stay together on the grill.

Good venison sausages are tough to beat.

Sent from my LG-M150 using TGR Forums mobile app
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

I make a shitton of game sausages. 50% pork fat is the starting point. As it should be.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague