WTB Feeler: 29er not boost wheelset

Trying to put together a good bike for my wife. I have a line on a frame that I think she'll like and we can use the current drivetrain on her bike, but I need to find a decent wheelset to get it 100% operational. She is not an aggressive rider, about 5'10, and 140 lbs, so we don't need anything burly. She'll be running no more than 2.5s front and probably 2.3s in the back for mostly xc riding. Frame takes a 15mm TA up front and QR in the rear.

I don't have a timeline in mind, just putting the feelers out.

Seth

I haven't tried them, but maybe worth looking at- alex volar with chosen hubs through merlincycles. Think they work out to be about $220 for the set and get decent reviews.
    Last edited by pollydog; 02-27-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pollydog View Post
    I haven't tried them, but maybe worth looking at- alex volar with chosen hubs through merlincycles. Think they work out to be about $220 for the set and get decent reviews.
    I've come close to buying those on more than one occasion. fwiw I've read that the rear hub is very loud (due to and compounded by the very high number of points of engagement). There's some youtube vids of the similar/exact chosen hub that lend some credibility to the comments.

120 point engagement?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Yeah. lots of POE. Check out this article and look at the Halo hub. I *think* that's what the Chosen hub in the merlin builds actually is https://dirtmountainbike.com/feature...ehub-body.html

How much are you looking to spend? There are some good deals on eBay if you want to go the cheaper route (<$200). I got i23s with M525s for $170. I think they had some with a TA front for about the same too.

Or if you want to buy some GrailX wheels from me , but they're not really the right wheels for what you're doing.

https://austin.craigslist.org/bop/d/...508694065.html

Thanks guys. Plenty to consider (except the cross wheels).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app