Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Renoun Skis?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Umm ok. Well ass you say not a lot to lose. Those comments on the tips don’t sound awesome.
    I should have said deeper, stiffer snow, but yes up until that point they are fine. Then less than ideal. I expect the Citadels to deal with that better. Let us know.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Citadel 106

I have a pair of Citadels in 185. The VibeStop tech is the real deal - the ski definitely stiffens up with speed/vibration. It's a really interesting sensation in that the soft flex allows you to lollygag at low speed when skiing with your slower friends/family, but the ski stiffens up once you pick up speed and lay the skis over on edge.

On edge, the skis stiffen nicely and let you haul ass (relatively). The tips can get bounced a bit through variable, but it's not really an issue if you're on top of the skis. If this is your only concern, I wouldn't worry about it much. Stay engaged on edge and you'll power through most piles; skis are stiff-enough underfoot that it shouldn't be an issue in softer snow. Is this the ski I want when I want to point-it on a high-speed runout? No, I'd look elsewhere. They're definitely not your metal laminate chargers.

The tips float well-enough in soft snow, and the skis are super fun in tight terrain as they are so easy to flick around due to their low weight and soft initial flex. Point and shoot type fun.

I think their biggest downside is their low weight - there just isn't enough mass in the ski to provide top-level dampening over shitty, variable hard snow. Even with a bunch of the VibeStop putty imbedded in their cores, they are still light, carbon skis, albeit much-better damped than other similarly light skis. They still work fine in shitty conditions, but your body will be taking the brunt of that vibration/impact. I think they are best as a softer snow ski when you're not really looking to charge. GREAT dad/mom skis.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Working Proto w Cyrus today…..

Still need to mount up my Citadel 114s.