Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65
Results 1,601 to 1,616 of 1616
    Sick of the bullshit!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Cool podcast episode from the folks at NHPR about us mountain bikers going rogue and building trails wherever.
    http://outsideinradio.org/shows/2019/1/2/rake-and-ride
    I'm sure everyone will listen to both sides of the argument presented.
    The guy who passed cannot be blamed on a rogue trail. He could have walked down a game trail. The guy (rip) did not belong in the woods. No map, compass, general understanding of route finding using all the natural data available. Anyone can get lost bushwhacking, but he was on trails. That should have been left out of the pod cast because it diminished the point imo. And the other guy in his pajamas...come on ..wtf. maybe an attempt at humor?

Riding up on what used to be a rogue trail. Now one of the busier networks in VT. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8074.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	263061

Freeheel, thanks for your work. Those trails rock.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Your welcome

Last hundred spots for the Overland going up at 9am. Lets Party!

https://www.bikereg.com/overland
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Your welcome

Last hundred spots for the Overland going up at 9am. Lets Party!

https://www.bikereg.com/overland
    Just jumped into the special registration.
    Party Time!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Crazy day here....flurries kept coming and snow squalls dropped a surprise few inches. The local groomer laid down fresh corduroy and the untracked trails were full on powder biking. Hot damn it was fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3215.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	263169

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3217.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	263170

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Double thumbs up dude.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Just jumped into the special registration.
    Party Time!
    Sweet, maybe this time I can catch you before the last 8 miles this time! ;-) I'm signed up for IRR again this year too.
    Can't wait for the sufferfest on two wheels. Love this part; and its KEY: "Every bike is the wrong bike, so bring the one with the lowest gearing that you'll be happy riding all day."

https://www.bikereg.com/40842

D
    Last edited by djspookman; 01-07-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Looking forward to it, D!
    IRR is just plain nuts, you have fun with that. Not for me!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    Sweet, maybe this time I can catch you before the last 8 miles this time! ;-) I'm signed up for IRR again this year too.
    Can't wait for the sufferfest on two wheels. Love this part; and its KEY: "Every bike is the wrong bike, so bring the one with the lowest gearing that you'll be happy riding all day."

https://www.bikereg.com/40842

D
    See you there. I'll try not to bonk this time - last year I went to a very dark place around mile 85 or so, but I did do the entire thing (16,000' of climbing - gah!) This is worth doing as well. Kind of like an IRR light, but still plenty of spicy class 4 side trekking.

Quote Originally Posted by scharny View Post
    See you there. I'll try not to bonk this time - last year I went to a very dark place around mile 85 or so, but I did do the entire thing (16,000' of climbing - gah!) This is worth doing as well. Kind of like an IRR light, but still plenty of spicy class 4 side trekking.
    Nice! Yeah, I bonked going up Tracey Hill in Roxbury (16% grade!) and coasted down into Northfield and hopped in my wifes van. only 16 more miles, but I was out of water and food.. was mentally toast. See ya there again!

I saw the route on the KG ride, looks FUN. I did the climb to the Radar Base from EBurke last fall, spectacular climb/ ride, topped with the base exploration. Super fun. I gotta bow out of the KG this year though, Overland is the week after!

D

Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    Nice! Yeah, I bonked going up Tracey Hill in Roxbury (16% grade!) and coasted down into Northfield and hopped in my wifes van. only 16 more miles, but I was out of water and food.. was mentally toast. See ya there again!

I saw the route on the KG ride, looks FUN. I did the climb to the Radar Base from EBurke last fall, spectacular climb/ ride, topped with the base exploration. Super fun. I gotta bow out of the KG this year though, Overland is the week after!

D
    You picked a good point to bail. The west side of Waitsfield Gap was absurd. Deep muddy ruts, 15-20% downhill grade. I think I went over the handlebars at least 3 times. Just before connecting with Floodwoods rd there was a Jeep with NJ plates stuck in the middle of a drainage. Good times.

Excuse my ignorance but is the IRR a point to point and you just figure it out on your own or is there some kind of course?

Edit: Just saw on Bike Reg that there is a route but it still look like a hell of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but is the IRR a point to point and you just figure it out on your own or is there some kind of course?

Edit: Just saw on Bike Reg that there is a route but it still look like a hell of a ride.
    Set route, route not sent to those who signed up until 24 hours before. I had been on 75% of last years course back in my redneck phase in my lifted jeep, never on a bike though. Was quite the type 2 sufferfest/ fun time though! Enough to keep me coming back!

Still so good over here. Firm and tacky. Dogs diggin' it.

New thread is open