Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1616
    Rode Southwest CT (trout Brook?) On the way from NYC to.Mohegan Friday and then diamond hill in RI Sunday on the way back to Maine with Anospa. DH was pretty buried in leaves and some of the trails were straight up creeks. Still we had fun, got airborne, got a tubeless flat that fixed with sealant, snapped a chain, fell twice, and bounced.

Anospa getting jiggy wit it in a poor cellphone video screenshot below.

Wish I had the time in my life right now to take out the trails at Falmouth, but feeling there may only be a few more rides left this fall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181112-223246.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	255210

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Can't stop won't stop man! Until snow fever kicks in, we'll be riding!

What, its wet in the woods? Water was in places I've NEVER seen it before in the last 12 years. Whoa. Name:  IMG_20181111_153107-EFFECTS.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  758.5 KBName:  IMG_20181111_170341_849.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  771.9 KB

@DrummerHill in Keene, NH. No mud, just WATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Can't stop won't stop man! Until snow fever kicks in, we'll be riding!
    You riding a Specialized Enduro? Edit...I put my glasses on...forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    What, its wet in the woods? Water was in places I've NEVER seen it before in the last 12 years. Whoa. Name:  IMG_20181111_153107-EFFECTS.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  758.5 KBName:  IMG_20181111_170341_849.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  771.9 KB

@DrummerHill in Keene, NH. No mud, just WATER!
    Yeah, wet wet wet. We need a heat wave and the trees to wake back up.

I like the HDR photos, print worthy.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

These first few chilly days are always a wake up, yesterday was no joke. Snow today on soggy ground probably won't be much fun. We really need it to either freeze up or dry out, I'd rather see freeze up at this point.

Studs helpful today as it was mushy yesterday and frozen solid this morning.

This snow is too early down here. The leaves just fell. We didn't get any clean up done on the trails...or my yard. Rain/snow line was right at the coast. My house has grass now, but only a couple miles west is still snowpack.

Yeah I'm hoping this stuff melts off before it get super cold at the end of the week. Nothing is rideable down here other than a few spots on Long Island.

18 NE - Go on, ride when it's wet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3131.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	256049

Plenty of great fat biking to be had this weekend. Poked around VAST, jeep roads and some packed singletrack yesterday and today. Temps were just under freezing and the sun was out.

Heading south to see some fam and hopefully ride dirt next week. How’s are the trails north of Boston rolling? Particularly Russell Mills?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My very local back yard is dry...for now. Two days from now we might be white. All the primary local spots are white.

Mostly snow free now but super soggy in most spots from what I'm reading. Looks like we're going to get a couple of good frozen days though so there's that...

We were able to blow the corners yesterday. We're pretty much back to dirt...for now. Leaves were slipperier than the snow.

I pretty much agree with cleaning out corners. Some of the worst wrecks I've ever had were either missed or lost it in leaf covered corners. They also make night riding really sketchy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I pretty much agree with cleaning out corners. Some of the worst wrecks I've ever had were either missed or lost it in leaf covered corners. They also make night riding really sketchy sometimes.
    Yeah, and the amount of traffic makes a big difference. This area sees very little...but it's growing.

And another 1" down so far. I think we actually have a shot at 70" of precip for the year if the wet pattern holds for the next 5 weeks. That's nearly 2 feet above average

Cant wait for the flip to next year’s title. Fuck wet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

^^ Yeah right. Now if I could predict lottery numbers like I predicted this years weather...

Another inch and change down now and it's been misty, foggy and soggy all day. Even the dirt roads are almost too soft to ride. 😖

Rain came and went yesterday so ideal ski conditions are now ideal fat bike conditions. I'm thinking about joining the Ranch Camp group fat bike ride in Stowe tonight at 6 PM. Any other takers?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Rain came and went yesterday so ideal ski conditions are now ideal fat bike conditions. I'm thinking about joining the Ranch Camp group fat bike ride in Stowe tonight at 6 PM. Any other takers?
    Fat bikes are the best thing to happen to me personally as an eastcoast powdah snob. All our snow is gone, so rode on the skinny knobby's today. Little loose on the wet made for more funness

When the skiing is good the riding isn’t, fat bikes fit into the continuum nicely

Yep, no new snow means this weekend I will fat biking instead of scraping down the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Yep, no new snow means this weekend I will fat biking instead of scraping down the mountain.
    My back is too jacked up to ride, but may be able to ski groomers. Better than nothing.

A bulldozer ran thru our tech area and mowed over a bunch of trees. Super bummer. Not sure what's going on, but the guy who owned several parcels out there died a couple years ago. The dozer stayed on his land, so we're not feeling great about what could potentially happen. The only saving grace is the land is all ledge, so it would be a bitch to build anything. Septic would definitely be an issue also. There is just such limited land on the seacoast, they'll probably spend a small fortune just to build it anyway. faak

Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    AThe only saving grace is the land is all ledge, so it would be a bitch to build anything. Septic would definitely be an issue also. There is just such limited land on the seacoast, they'll probably spend a small fortune just to build it anyway. faak
    This would work, I was a certified installer in 2003 though I might need an update.

https://presby.com
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime