Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1616
    Just spreading the word....fun weekend ahead...local BETA crew have done some great work in the ADKs and the trails are really expanding:

2nd Annual
    Wilmington Mountain Bike Festival
    Wilmington, New York
    August 31 - September 2, 2018

http://www.wilmingtonmtbfestival.com/

I was gonna take a ride up for that but the wife planned something on Sunday without consulting me first haha

I am up for a ride in Stowe or Waterbury or Richmond...should we try to get an impromptu mini-mini summit going in NVT this weekend?
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

I'd be down for a Perry hill summit on Monday!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    I'd be down for a Perry hill summit on Monday!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sounds good. 10 am work?
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

I want a higher BB around 14" or more, 67 degree head tube angle, and a 16ish chainstay.
    Does that bike exist?

Is anyone else here going to be up in the NEK racing Redemption 100 miler tomorrow?
    D

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    The whole gravel bike thing is just a retooling of cross bikes with geometry shifted towards longer rides. Renaming by the bike industry to get more sales. Fact is that the riding I do (and maybe most people) hasn't changed in 20 years, and my cross bike from 9 years ago still does cross races, bikepacking, road riding, singletrack, 'adventure rides', gravel races--all without the need to be called a gravel bike.

I'm damn glad that the builder thought to have the frame fit 40c tires though. And I still wish I had disc brakes. Cantis suck.
    I was at the local event this weekend...200 miles away. I drove my f150 there after driving around for a half day chasing the beer truck so I could have some sweet me too beer. It's was the Gravel Grovel. It's a really sweet event where this not-for-profit begs us for money so we can ride around on dirt roads. The thing is....dirt road riding is just so technical. My road bike was inadequate. I'm such a finely tuned athlete that myroad bike is just too inefficient for me to really show everyone what I got in the tank. My road bike doesn't allow me to run tires 20mm wider which, you know when I'm grinding the gravel....it's the real deal breaker. That and the HT angle is just all wrong for gravel. Attempting to ride my road bike in the Gravel Grovel would be so severely limiting as I crush the high speed sections with the other 50+ year old women and attempt to navigate gravel that sometimes gets as gnarly as 3/4 minus. 3/4 MINUS! Serious gravel.
    Silly. Trendy. Consumers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lgq3_6-XsY

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It must suck to be poor.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It must suck to be poor.
    On Cue. It must suck to suck at biking despite such effort. Not about the bike. Ever.

Hazy this AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180901_080939.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	990.5 KB 
ID:	245916
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

18 NE - Go on, ride when it's wet

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    On Cue. It must suck to suck at biking despite such effort. Not about the bike. Ever.
    Such an angry little fellah. Can you still have fun, Wilson?
    It’s all about the bike, closing down on 3,000 miles and 220 hours in the saddle for this season.

Go on now, little fellah, MTBR needs you to tell everyone how to do it.
    We don’t.

Fresh Cloud Drops, need to take a trip to the gas station. Nice.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I was at the local event this weekend...200 miles away. I drove my f150 there after driving around for a half day chasing the beer truck so I could have some sweet me too beer. It's was the Gravel Grovel. It's a really sweet event where this not-for-profit begs us for money so we can ride around on dirt roads. The thing is....dirt road riding is just so technical. My road bike was inadequate. I'm such a finely tuned athlete that myroad bike is just too inefficient for me to really show everyone what I got in the tank. My road bike doesn't allow me to run tires 20mm wider which, you know when I'm grinding the gravel....it's the real deal breaker. That and the HT angle is just all wrong for gravel. Attempting to ride my road bike in the Gravel Grovel would be so severely limiting as I crush the high speed sections with the other 50+ year old women and attempt to navigate gravel that sometimes gets as gnarly as 3/4 minus. 3/4 MINUS! Serious gravel.
    Silly. Trendy. Consumers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lgq3_6-XsY
    I’m riding 3/4 minus, dirt roads, etc on my road bike with gravelking tires but you wouldnt catch me trying to ride any class 4 or “Vermont pave” roads on it as I would spend more time repairing tubes and tires than riding. Butta, VT-F, et al have the right bikes for the right terrain and distance. More power to DJS for doing it on his hardtail mtb where he gains in one way but sacrifices on another part of those tours.

Who chases the beer truck? Most gas stations and general stores have stocks of fantastic local beers these days. Get with the 90s, man.

As for that consumer comment, you could ski Tux on 50 mm wide edgeless skis, but why would you? Get the right tool, ya tool.

Oh and thanks for the vid of PJ09 doing his off season training. That was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    .... you could ski Tux but why would you?
    Good question. Fucking gong show.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Such an angry little fellah. Can you still have fun, Wilson?
    It’s all about the bike, closing down on 3,000 miles and 220 hours in the saddle for this season.

Go on now, little fellah, MTBR needs you to tell everyone how to do it.
    We don’t.

Fresh Cloud Drops, need to take a trip to the gas station. Nice.
    There's no anger here butt-hurt. You're my favorite little 'Merican. So wrapped up in it. What will they sell you next season? You guys get the LOL going. That picture of VTF on the road bike is an instant classic. He looks almost dead. Carry on. Yours too, with the PTA mom chewing up your back wheel. Nice that she crashed out and gave you the "Win". Lol. That remark and the fact the CTFree was counting how many people he passed....just priceless.

I’ve had the same road bike for 14 years you fucking asshole. No way I’m running it hot on dirt, just not gonna happen. So I bought a bike that I could run hot on dirt. End of story, you little shit.

She didn’t crash, she dropped me hard on the last hill, reading comprehension is tough for you.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I haven't had a road bike in a long time, last road one in the 90's. Was really into it in the 80's [when I bought the La Via Claire jersey] living in Burl. with no car. Got tired of near misses with cars. Have a borrowed Spec. cross bike with weak 8 spd. triple gearing so I bought a new bike. It has rekindled the joy I used to have pedaling for miles and looking around at the views and building more endurance for ski season. Few cars on dirt with only a few d-bags going 45 in a 25 like a crop-duster , cloud of dirt.
    Working like crazy as well this summer, stacking benjamins to take some time off this winter to ski, which is what this is all about. Every 8 hours over 40 a week I work = a carefree week off this winter. Up to 7 currently and starting another 3 bdrm 3 1/2 bath condo as soon as I finish the one I am doing. Should be well banked by the Jan. 1 deadline.
    Looking for an even crisp.

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Dang dude, clearly I gotta get with the program. Tell me what’s good, ye tastemaker?
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 09-01-2018 at 10:08 AM.

You're doing it wrong.

Dorf on everything.

Just at my shop and people kinda suck. It's a small shop and just the owner is in today. Two people ride up (hi, we're new to the area from MA) with a squeak and the guy needs air. So he adjusts the women's brake after a test ride, rides it again, bla bla bla, then adds air to the nimrods bike and they just leave. Just assume his time is free.

Then the next douche comes in and needs a skewer axle for his front tire. He has one and tells the guy $10. The guy replies $5? Wtf. I would have said $15 or GTFO.

And yeah, this shop always has a keg of IPA going in the office! Best shop!

Perfect morning in Carrabassett Valley. Damn I wish these trails were closer to VT.

Name:	IMG_2714.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	245934

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by HankScorpio; 09-01-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Perfect morning in Carrabassett Valley. Damn I wish these trails were closer to VT.

Name:	IMG_2714.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	245934

Rad. Sorry I didn’t get my bike back in time to meet up. What did you end up riding?

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Rad. Sorry I didn’t get my bike back in time to meet up. What did you end up riding?
    No problem, I had a great ride. I was riding a little after 9 and put a good 15ish mile ride together. I really dig those trails, nice change of pace from my local ones.