Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Yeah, that vid was good. Makes sense and is similar to mx with weight on outside and what I try to do. The skidding thru the berm though...hmm. A lot of corners can be tough if they are steep, not buff or bermed. Those tend to really throw me. That is all about adjusting balance fore and aft as well as keeping traction. Those once in a blue moon times (or once you really know the line... because you built it ) when you hit it smooth it sure does feel good, eh!

I was gonna say PM Anospa for a lesson, but he got up in it too quick! Also Highland- solid instructors and... it’s Highland

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    ^^ YES

Weighting the front is massive.

Watching people struggle through corners, it is shocking how many people chase their bike around once speeds pick up.

I am 100% guilty of it once steep & tight corners come into play, that's struggle central for me.
    It's the constant correction while riding, even more so at speed.
    "Stay forward dumb-ass" is my mantra for actions sports.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I was gonna say PM Anospa for a lesson, but he got up in it too quick! Also Highland- solid instructors and... it’s Highland
    Is the Highland recommendation based on experience or just cuz Highland is cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Is the Highland recommendation based on experience or just cuz Highland is cool?
    I have a close friend who taught there for a few years, and the crew all seemed pretty knowledgeable and stoked to teach. Plus the terrain variety is conducive to working on an infinite number of skills- from railing corners to inverted airs. Also its super duper cool. If you do choose to go, happy to meet ya there for laps.

That said, I imagine Killington could offer up a great instructor as well.

Hard to stay forward when you are manualling/wheelieing off of rocks and roots, though.
    It's a tough balance.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    That looks like the same pine tree die-off that's so prevalent in the Adirondacks now. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    It's the constant correction while riding, even more so at speed.
    "Stay balanced dumb-ass" is my mantra for actions sports.
    Fify

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Bob set up shop in the Valley at Happy Tunes, he's not going anywhere.

I'm working for the Loaf now, mostly selling winter group biz but also giving them another voice from the MTB community to help the cause up there. We're going to start running a shuttle with a bike trailer from the base through the condos to the outdoor center and Stratton Brook Hut parking lot. The Campbell Field bridge got washed out last Fall and won't be back in place this season, it's the main artery from one side to the other. The growing bike scene has some of the restaurants at the base open for the summer now, that never happened before. Yes, you can get a bag burger in July now.

If anyone is headed that way and wants to rent a place to stay hit me up, I've got a code for some good deals on lodging in condos, the hotel or a big fancy house for ten.
    Hmm.... deals you say?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TGR Forums mobile app
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Any other Burlington area mags have any good info on Sleepy Hollow -> Hinesburg Forest - > Carse Hills trails? I'm doing an initial ride there Saturday early and planned on starting at the Sleep Hollow trail head then work my way out to Carse Hills and back in about 3-4 hours. No clue what to expect other than the descriptions on the FOTW site.

From last nights ride

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2670.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	584.4 KB 
ID:	238937
    crab in my shoe mouth

^^^Coolest yard in town. You guys get rained on?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    From last nights ride

Name:	IMG_2670.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	584.4 KB 
ID:	238937
    Sweet Sculptures! Reminds me of this guys stuff in Putney: (from a ride a few weeks ago)

Name:	IMG_20180526_100956.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	238938

Name:	IMG_20180526_100822.jpg 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	238939

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Hmm.... deals you say?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yessah!!

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^Coolest yard in town. You guys get rained on?
    We cut it short. Got back just as it started.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    Sweet Sculptures! Reminds me of this guys stuff in Putney: (from a ride a few weeks ago)

Name:	IMG_20180526_100956.jpg 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	238938

Name:	IMG_20180526_100822.jpg 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	238939
    Dude, good luck at the IRR! Looks nuts to me.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Dude, good luck at the IRR! Looks nuts to me.
    Thanks. Had my rear axle blow up on me on last nights ride.(massive torque? lol! ) Limped it home, borrowing a friends spare rear wheel. Should be fun/errr. interesting..

Name:  IMG_20180613_221447.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  379.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Any other Burlington area mags have any good info on Sleepy Hollow -> Hinesburg Forest - > Carse Hills trails? I'm doing an initial ride there Saturday early and planned on starting at the Sleep Hollow trail head then work my way out to Carse Hills and back in about 3-4 hours. No clue what to expect other than the descriptions on the FOTW site.
    That's a pretty burly ride. No easy miles there. Lots of old school single track. I like Carse and sections of the Economo Rd area stuff as a 3-4 hour ride. Or maybe a point to point. If I hit Carse I want to ride the most southern trails. It's a grunt back up to the top and up Front Door. I'd suggest breaking that up into 2 different rides and exploring the north and south sections more.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 06-14-2018 at 07:47 PM.

I’ve never seen a rear axle explode before. Whoa!
    One from today in Walpole. Those cornering tips and that video felt good today. Being more forward smooths the trail right the fuck out.

Name:	IMG_2674.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	591.5 KB 
ID:	238965
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    That's a pretty burly ride. No easy miles there. Lots of old school single track. I like Carse and sections of the Economo Rd area stuff as a 3-4 hour ride. Or maybe a point to point. If you I hit Carse I want to ride the most southern trails. It's a grunt back up to the top and up Front Door. I'd suggest breaking that up into 2 different rides and exploring the north and south sections more.
    Ah thank you Dave once again. I thought I may be biting off more than I can chew. Might start with Sleepy Hollow and dip into Hinesburg on Saturday. Prob save Carse for another day. Descriptions on FOTW site are intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Amazing photos...around here we get the remains of stolen cars in the woods.

That axel! Heavens to murgatroyd!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Ah thank you Dave once again. I thought I may be biting off more than I can chew. Might start with Sleepy Hollow and dip into Hinesburg on Saturday. Prob save Carse for another day. Descriptions on FOTW site are intriguing.

One of the best areas in the state for sure. Lots of impact. Lots of users. Also lots of dedicated and skilled trail workers and a ton of trail over a large area for Vermont. Thanks for reminding me.

18 NE - Go on, ride when it's wet

Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    Thanks. Had my rear axle blow up on me on last nights ride.(massive torque? lol! ) Limped it home, borrowing a friends spare rear wheel. Should be fun/errr. interesting..

Name:  IMG_20180613_221447.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  379.0 KB
    Funny that - my rear hub started grinding and making popcorn sounds 2 weeks ago - suddenly realized a new rear wheel was needed. Not exactly a budgeted item. See you at the IRR tomorrow - I’ll be the grey bearded guy on Kona Essatto with an Onion River jersey and a confused look on my face.

18 NE - Go on, ride when it's wet

Those 3 trail pods are well represented on Trailforks. Definitely get the app on your phone and you can use it to navigate those trail networks.

Looks like Goniff and I will be at K tomorrow. Might be hanging with The Mad Hatter and his wife.

Lets Party!

https://www.myjumponit.com/deal/burl...bsId=214798922
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime