Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1616

18 NE - Go on, ride when it's wet

First segment is Indian Ledge /Trumbull. My local spot. If anyone ever wants to roll through there let me know. Funny, was just thinking yesterday it would be a good place for a mini.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I’m happy to let the hunters have at it in the woods for awhile. Us bikers have had our fun. Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    "We" were so grateful to have the trails on state land legalized and mapped that "we" let them tell us when to close and open them.
    I’m happy to let the hunters have at it in the woods for awhile. Us bikers have had our fun.

Long gravel ride tomorrow on tap. It’s been pouring here but tomorrow, the sun will finally shine.
    During hunting season ok I guess but all winter? That seems like a bit of an overreaction.

In that video the first segment is Trumbull in CT, second is Blue Mt in Peekskill and third is Mt Beacon. The first two are big networks with a really wide variety and Beacon is big and burly.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    During hunting season ok I guess but all winter? That seems like a bit of an overreaction.
    Yeah, that would honestly suck. This is the best time of the year to ride and build.

We have no hunting areas to ride and its more about morning and late afternoon for most hunters around here, so mid-day is fine.

Blue Mtn was one of my spots back in the late 90s. Cool little town there on the Hudson. a nice break from the babyhead rock gardens of Ramapo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    All state lands including Perry Hill are closed for the season.
    Green Mtn Trails still open?

That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post

According to their website, they are open.

Deer are nocturnal and 92% are shot in the early morning or evening grabbing a bite to eat in a field, follow the same routine, which is why they are so easy to kill. Trophy bucks are not bedding down for the day on active single track, waiting for someone to walk along and shoot them. I just ride sometime between 9am - 2 or 3, never see any hunters.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I rode there through early December last season. Definitely the go to place for late season.

Finally got back out after the deluge of rain we've been getting! Mostly rail trail, but had to toss a hill climb in there to take in the view of Keene from up high last night. So worth it, perfect temps too!Name:  IMG_20181104_173732.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  284.4 KB

First segment is Indian Ledge /Trumbull. My local spot. If anyone ever wants to roll through there let me know. Funny, was just thinking yesterday it would be a good place for a mini.

Yep, great spot!

I get there and over to Blue fairly often as well. Only been to Beacon a time or two, need to get over there and check it out more.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Has anyone ever pedaled the forest service roads in Southern VT? Particularly around Stratton. I plan on doing some exploring down there this weekend and don't know if I should bring a proper mountain bike or gravel rig.

Has anyone ever pedaled the forest service roads in Southern VT? Particularly around Stratton. I plan on doing some exploring down there this weekend and don't know if I should bring a proper mountain bike or gravel rig.
    Gravel riding is good down there. Lots of loops. Let me know what you have in mind and I’ll see if I can help out. I’m out of town this weekend or I’d join the fun.

Good mt biking as well but it helps to have someone who knows their way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Gravel riding is good down there. Lots of loops. Let me know what you have in mind and I’ll see if I can help out. I’m out of town this weekend or I’d join the fun.

Good mt biking as well but it helps to have someone who knows their way around.
    Awesome, I'm stoked to do some exploring. I basically want to start near the Winhall store, pedal Kendall Farm rd as it turns into to Service Rd. 320. Follow that around to Stratton Arlington Rd, to West Jamaica Rd to Mountain Rd. and back to the Stratton access rd.

Only concern is that Forest Service rd 320 has a "gap" in it on Google maps which I assume/hope connects by a primitive trail or road. if it connects it'll make for 30ish mile loop with a ton of climbing. I just want to make sure that road is passable.

Thanks for the input.

Awesome, I'm stoked to do some exploring. I basically want to start near the Winhall store, pedal Kendall Farm rd as it turns into to Service Rd. 320. Follow that around to Stratton Arlington Rd, to West Jamaica Rd to Mountain Rd. and back to the Stratton access rd.

Only concern is that Forest Service rd 320 has a "gap" in it on Google maps which I assume/hope connects by a primitive trail or road. if it connects it'll make for 30ish mile loop with a ton of climbing. I just want to make sure that road is passable.

Thanks for the input.
    Oh, that's not gonna play on a gravel bike. FS Road 320 is really a VAST trail (corridor 7) and not gravel all the way. It would be old school adventure mountain biking through some pretty overgrown and wet shit.

I hiked FS 320 a few years ago and it does connect. Might not be pretty but it goes. No idea how often they maintain it. Poked my head into the Stratton Arlington rd trailhead this summer and it looked pretty grown in. Have been eyeing that for a ride myself. Was~11 miles one way if I remember correctly.

That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Oh, that's not gonna play on a gravel bike. FS Road 320 is really a VAST trail (corridor 7) and not gravel all the way. It would be old school adventure mountain biking through some pretty overgrown and wet shit.
    I hiked FS 320 a few years ago and it does connect. Might not be pretty but it goes. No idea how often they maintain it. Poked my head into the Stratton Arlington rd trailhead this summer and it looked pretty grown in. Have been eyeing that for a ride myself. Was~11 miles one way if I remember correctly.

You guys fucking rock, this is exactly the info I needed. I was going to bring my gravel bike but looks like this has turned into a mountain bike ride. If it gets ugly, it'll at least be easy to turn around and bail. I'm always up for an adventure and will report back.

Thanks for the input.
    Thats a great route. I have to disagree with the other posters and say that direction could be done on a gravel bike with 40ish tires since it will be mostly climbing on 320. The other direction would be terrible though.

I have startled a few moose on that climb sleeping on the side of the trail so be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by C Law View Post
    Thats a great route. I have to disagree with the other posters and say that direction could be done on a gravel bike with 40ish tires since it will be mostly climbing on 320. The other direction would be terrible though.

I have startled a few moose on that climb sleeping on the side of the trail so be prepared.
    I was thinking more about using my gravel bike, which is essentially a drop bar hardtail with 1.9 XC tires. A little rough road will be worth the 15 or so miles or dirt roads I'l have to pedal on the back end.

I'll keep an eye out for moose, they're hard to miss.

Any CT locals interested in a night ride tomorrow in Waldo? Southbury CT. Think 6:30 start. This should be a Biggins “mtn biking is rad” style ride. Only complication is darkness.

That Don't Make No Sense

^^ Hmm Maybe.

This might put the kibosh on the regular riding season https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/anal...ow_neus_32.png

Waldo was a blast last night. Interestingly the parking lot was full. Saw three other groups w lights for a total of 15-20 riders. Busiest I’ve seen it day or night. Any of you fuckos in there? Tried to make change for a nickel but no luck.

That Don't Make No Sense

Waldo was a blast last night. Interestingly the parking lot was full. Saw three other groups w lights for a total of 15-20 riders. Busiest I’ve seen it day or night. Any of you fuckos in there? Tried to make change for a nickel but no luck.

I'll have some hippy time Monday-Thursday next week!

But yeah, Waldo is small, but fun/fast stuff.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3076.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	255163

Name:	IMG_3075.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	255164

Might be the last ride on dirt for a long while. Fat biking the local trails will prob be my next ride.

Range Pond was good to go (actually the only thing locally that is rideable). Brought the fat bike just In Case. Mostly bone dry and recently leaf blown. Everything else is a swamp

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	255165

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	255166

Name:	IMG_0377.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	255167

Name:	IMG_0378.jpg 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	255168

Name:	IMG_0380.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	255169

Name:	IMG_0383.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	255170

I hit my closest local spot yesterday and today and it's mostly dry but the spots that are muddy are impressively so. Man I tell ya, being off the bike for the better part of 4 months really puts a hurt on the fitness I got out a few times but only for a few miles before my hand quit, these two days weren't much different but, I'm going to push through the hurt because I'm pretty sure even if it was broken it's mostly healed by now. It does suck pretty hard when climbs you did in ~5 minutes take 15 with walking mixed in.

One of my demo bikes that I've been riding came with a crazy wide bar, could that be making it hurt worse than it would otherwise? I know that it's killing my ability to lift the front of the bike over things.