Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Yo Butta, hope you're hydrating now for RAS on Saturday as it looks to be a brutal weekend of heat. I am glad to have a midday Sat. status conference that was scheduled two weeks ago as I don't do so well pushing non stop in the muggies. The Gran Fondo is going down as well, 11k+ of solid climbing, yehaw!
    Last day to register for RAS, https://www.bikereg.com/ras-adventure-ride-10krun-run, I don't see your name Peruvian!

Nice post work ride last night, crispy cool and tacky. Saw what looked like a bum walking and wobbling along way out in the forest, he yelled something at me I couldn't make out, oh well. Also a pair of Ravens squawking like crazy, must be mating time.

Scheweady Balls riding nice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180625_192334.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	239922
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Last day to register for RAS, https://www.bikereg.com/ras-adventure-ride-10krun-run, I don't see your name Peruvian!
    I'd like to simply say that I don't have a proper bike for the RAS ride, but considering one of my cycling partners did it on a fully rigid fat bike a few years back, that excuse doesn't fly. So instead I'll say, fuck that noise! I know that route and while the typical NE agro-hippy like Buttah wants to do it, it's not really my thing.

I'm going to try and get up to Alpine Bike Works and then ride at GMT on Saturday morning. I hope to get to ABW just when they open and then ride after they take a look at at creak in my bike. If anyone is interested in joining, let me know.

Maybe up for Saturday ride if early enough and I get enough done by Friday night.

Just signed up for the Overland as they added another 100 spots yesterday, likely to sell out today. Get after it HERE.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Maybe up for Saturday ride if early enough and I get enough done by Friday night.

Just signed up for the Overland as they added another 100 spots yesterday, likely to sell out today. Get after it HERE.
    Awesome!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yea, kinda excited about this. Moats texted me yesterday to see if I was going to the Pave Sunday. I see you and Tinker will be there. Although I love riding MTB in Reading, it's going to be beyond my heat comfort level Sunday.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

18 NE - Go on, ride when it's wet

Overland is a rolling party. Looking forward to the new route and the new start/finish. Vollers place is sweet. Nice pond for swimming. Chill spot for after ride beverages and safety meetings. Can’t wait.
    I’m doing RAS this Saturday and the Pave’ on Sunday. I’m gonna be useless on Monday!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, different strokes, eh! For me the money 2.8 would be a hard tail front fork combo.

I really like the lightness of the front end and the preciseness of that 2.3 tire. I am by no means fast, but I find that set up better for me.
    My setup is a hardtail with 2.8's on relatively lightweight 51mm external width carbon wheels. For really rough backcountry type rides I change to 3.0's with huge knobs. #hardtailsforever

ICYMI, it appears that the efforts behind the The Ranger ride have achieved their goal. The developer has pulled the plug.

http://www.wcax.com/content/news/Uta...486700941.html

A little rain Monday racked up central Maine just the right amount. It was the first of my weeks up north for summer teaching. Yesterday was a killer 20 mile stretch in the Orono/ Old Town forest and today was an exploratory ride in Essex Woods.

Orono/ Old Town was battered pretty badly in the wind storm this past October. A lot of my favorite trails have MASSIVE trees that have fallen across them. The local Nemba chapter has been doing a great job on it.

This shot is from the “95 trail” that is a favorite. It drops you into a fun rock garden after this stretch.

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	240066

Essex Woods today was pretty hip but small. It’s got a huge amount of potential. There’s a RAD downhill line that is taking shape. A local builder was out with his daughter doing some work on it. SUPER nice guy and gave me some info on their “trail grind” events so I can hopefully help dig.

There is a bunch of tech weaved into a small space. Rode about 7 miles with some doubling. I’ll definitely go back once the downhill trail has been completed.

Name:	IMG_0969.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	240067

Glad to have played a very tiny part supporting the Tunbridge area in their successful campaign to stop the LDS from changing the hillsides forever. Need to get back to Fairlee to ride on of these days.
    1 1/2" of slow rain so far, nice to take a day off from watering the tomatoes.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

VTfreeheel-I'm so psyched that guy pulled out of the oddness that he was trying to create!

From the top of the mighty Granite Gorge last night; before the rains!: Name:  IMG_20180627_181446.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  443.8 KB

Hoping to do some day trips from
    Boston this weekend, thinking Ascutney one day and maybe Conway area another. Anyone got some must ride trails in the Conway area? Looking at doing a 4-6 hr ride.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    My setup is a hardtail with 2.8's on relatively lightweight 51mm external width carbon wheels. For really rough backcountry type rides I change to 3.0's with huge knobs. #hardtailsforever
    Well there you have it!

This is brought to you by paw-paw, dragon fruit, and pneumonia-free lungs. Hallelujah! Back on the bike tomorrow at Vermont’s mellow-ist trail network, followed by some Sushi Yoshi moo shu (10 times fast!). Summer of biggins is back bitches!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4748.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	433.6 KB 
ID:	240143

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    This is brought to you by paw-paw, dragon fruit, and pneumonia-free lungs. Hallelujah! Back on the bike tomorrow at Vermont’s mellow-ist trail network, followed by some Sushi Yoshi moo shu (10 times fast!). Summer of biggins is back bitches!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4748.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	433.6 KB 
ID:	240143
    Congrats!

Visiting family in Burlington for the weekend. Brought my bike but looks like a lot of stuff is closed down. Keeping my fingers crossed that it drains quickly and I can sneak in a ride one of these days.

A quick trip to FOAM is definitely in order.

Off topic here, but Roots of Creation is a pretty cool local band playing reggae with some dub Dead tunes mixed in. Playing over by Buttah in a couple days. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Off topic here, but Roots of Creation is a pretty cool local band playing reggae with some dub Dead tunes mixed in. Playing over by Buttah in a couple days. Check it out!
    Where? I'm near Buttah...

Rockinghill Farm, Bellows Falls. Sound like a good spot...farm and all!

https://www.rootsofcreation.com/shows

Ahhhh, Fellows Balls. Go to Flat Iron Coffee if you go through there. Great place, great people.

Edit: Kent Pond this evening:

Name:	IMG_4756.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	734.7 KB 
ID:	240215
    Last edited by biggins; 06-29-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Woods got too soaked for me so I took a road ride up the coast and back. A visit to an ice cream stand was only one of the highlights during 76 miles.
    On the way to Rockport a road work detour brought me to a secluded Manchester beach:

Name:	SecteurInManchesterByTheSea.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	240236
    Southbound, I sought shaded rest in Beverly and on a whim, snapped the steed:
    Name:  SecteurInBeverly.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  265.3 KB

Other attractions included other cyclists, paddleboarders, children playing in some trees and assorted classic cars.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Good stuff, rob!
    crab in my shoe mouth

News flash! It's hot. Oy vey is it hot. Ah well, weight loss riding .

Pine Hill this morning was great. Nothing but love for that place.

Tomorrow's riding will be in service to getting in a river, pond, or lake. Cheers y'all.

Great ride to with cabin fever at GMT today. Almost 14 miles and over 1800’ vert. Not to hot in the woods either.

Massive props to Alpine Bike Works at K’ton. The wrenched my bike for over and hour. No charge since I bought it there. I bought a new fender, hanger, and plug kit out of guilt!

Had a pretty good one at the RAS today. Such a sick route. Everything from perfect pavement, to singletrack and everything in between. Including death walls, like Johnson Hill Rd. I totally sent it down Jenny Coolidge today, that road is sick! Love that part of the state.
    Couple of beers with dinner and back to water, prep for the Pave’.
    Come on out and bring the MTB. This one is sick as fuck.

Registration opens at 8:00. They just announced that breakfast will be served at 8:00. Some local artisan breakfast meat, guy! Egg sangies.

https://www.bikereg.com/vopm
    Last edited by buttahflake; 06-30-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Glad you had a good ride, buttah. Hot day in the sun on any roadway.

Tomorrow is a better day to float the Battenkill than ride on gravel.

Stay hydrated.