Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    It's so good. The trail work has been so impressive and the "work days" are really well organized and seem fairly frequent. I haven't been up since the fall but they had done a lot of work on the River side, especially making the climb to the Hut more user friendly (instead of just beelining it up Newton's revenge).

It'll be interesting to see how Allspeed does with their outdoor center location.
    Heard Bob Ash was out. Sad news. CV is indeed worth a weekend. Be interesting to see hot Maine Huts and Trails fares. I was told they bleed money like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Heard Bob Ash was out. Sad news. CV is indeed worth a weekend. Be interesting to see hot Maine Huts and Trails fares. I was told they bleed money like mad.
    Bob set up shop in the Valley at Happy Tunes, he's not going anywhere.

I'm working for the Loaf now, mostly selling winter group biz but also giving them another voice from the MTB community to help the cause up there. We're going to start running a shuttle with a bike trailer from the base through the condos to the outdoor center and Stratton Brook Hut parking lot. The Campbell Field bridge got washed out last Fall and won't be back in place this season, it's the main artery from one side to the other. The growing bike scene has some of the restaurants at the base open for the summer now, that never happened before. Yes, you can get a bag burger in July now.

If anyone is headed that way and wants to rent a place to stay hit me up, I've got a code for some good deals on lodging in condos, the hotel or a big fancy house for ten.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Did you ride the Connector from Newton's out to Esker? Game changer for going out that way
    I didn't. I haven't done any of Esker yet. Usually by the time I work my way across the street I burn up my gas riding along the river then up to the hut only to come down Oak.

I am glad Bob kept his shop up. He is a real stand up guy and saved me from a few mechs in the past few years. Plus, he was just rad to talk to.

I didn't. I haven't done any of Esker yet. Usually by the time I work my way across the street I burn up my gas riding along the river then up to the hut only to come down Oak.

I am glad Bob kept his shop up. He is a real stand up guy and saved me from a few mechs in the past few years. Plus, he was just rad to talk to.
    I agree, he gave the place the street cred that made this former dirt bag trail-junky feel at home. Real deal and just a real nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    I agree, he gave the place the street cred that made this former dirt bag trail-junky feel at home. Real deal and just a real nice guy.
    I met Bob on the Trek Across Maine about 20 years ago, we were riding mountain bikes with slicks on them so we kind of gravitated to each other at the pit stops. Been friends ever since

Going to be up @ Thunder Sat/Sun if anyone is out and about. Will be wearing the Maggot jersey.

Forecast looks awesome!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I'm going to have the Norco demo van at the WMBA Fat Tire Fest on Sunday if anyone is in the Lower Hudson Valley and wants to come ride some nice bikes. It will also be at NEMBAFest.

I’m in for The Ranger. Weather looks perfect.
    Let’s Party

https://www.bikereg.com/the-ranger
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I’m in for The Ranger. Weather looks perfect.
    Let’s Party

https://www.bikereg.com/the-ranger
    Gonna be a suffer fest for this guy- head cold laid me low yesterday. But I will be there and I will do my damnedest. Let's party indeed!

Damn, I really wanted to do The Ranger but in-laws actually want to "spend time with the family." Looks like a dawn gravel grind is all I'll be able to muster that day.

Edit:

Someone buy my Chromag!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hromag-Surface

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm going to have the Norco demo van at the WMBA Fat Tire Fest on Sunday if anyone is in the Lower Hudson Valley and wants to come ride some nice bikes. It will also be at NEMBAFest.
    You still down for ktown on the 16th?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    You still down for ktown on the 16th?
    It's on the calendar. As long as nothing critical comes up I'll be there. What time are you picking up the bike? I'll meet you at the shop.

Early-ish. I hope to be there when they open. Driving from Hanover, is that about 45 min. Drive time?
    Last edited by rideit; 06-08-2018 at 10:52 PM.

5 am wake ups aren’t easy but worth it. 13 miles before 8:30 this morning. Totally gassed. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2134.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	238368

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2115.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	238369

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Woke up too late to make it to CV and back so opted for Bond Brook in Augusta. There have been some improvements since I last rode there including a fun section they named “The Quarry”.

Name:	IMG_0867.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	238373

Name:	IMG_0868.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	238374

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	238375

Pretty pics.

Picked up my pass today and broke the seal on KBP with a friend who hadn't ridden a MTB since ~1992. She likes bike parkin'. See some of yas in Tunbridge.
    Name:  35071197_1731237673638471_7070250947926032384_n.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  128.4 KB

Riding has been blissfully cool, breezy and bug free all week, what mosquitoes? 9.2 mile 1840' ride to the Cliff and back. Similar distance/vert to last weekends HTF but the bulk of climbing comes in two big hits.

Name:	20180609_132624.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	238405

See you kooks at the Fair tomorrow, realize the cross bike has poor gearing 34/32 so will bring the Ibis and doing the tourist class as well.

Fresh Colab! Lets Party!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hank, where is that? Gorgeous looking.

Went up to Bear Brook and rode with a friend today, I had never been but it was a blast. Hair under 20 miles of singletrack, and despite a full parking lot only saw a few folks on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Early-ish. I hope to be there when they open. Driving from Hanover, is that about 45 min. Drive time?
    More like an hour and one slowpoke in front of ya can mess that up pretty good, there's a few long stretches with nowhere to pass.

Thanks. I'll give myself an hour and a half.

This is next Saturday the 17th.

Get a half priced Brewfest only ticket ($20) or a Bike + Brewfest ($29) ticket to Bike and Brew 2018 at Killington Mountain Resort!

https://www.myjumponit.com/deal/burlington/060918-killington-bike-brew
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

For those with youths...this goofy things works really well.
    https://towwhee.com/
    My 8 yo gets after it pretty good, but at 55 pounds his Spawn still weighs in at 22+. That's the equivalent of me climbing on a 50+ pound bike.
    Bit of a game changer, put the whole family on the same pace for our ride yesterday.
    Amazing stretch of weather, get it.

Woke up too late to make it to CV and back so opted for Bond Brook in Augusta. There have been some improvements since I last rode there including a fun section they named “The Quarry”.

Name:	IMG_0867.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	238373

Name:	IMG_0868.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	238374

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	238375
    Bond Brook is a great spot. My mother in law lives in the Augusta area and that’s my go to spot when we visit. I discovered some new trails there last year so it’s good to see they’re expanding the network.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Hank, where is that? Gorgeous looking.

Went up to Bear Brook and rode with a friend today, I had never been but it was a blast. Hair under 20 miles of singletrack, and despite a full parking lot only saw a few folks on the trail.
    That’s Millstone in Barre, VT; it quickly became my local riding spot when I moved here last summer. It’s one of the most unique places to ride. Many of the trails snake around old granite quarries which makes for an amazing
    setting. The trails are very hard and creatively built. With all the great riding in Central VT I can’t believe how few riders I see compared to other local riding venues.

I highly recommend it if you want to avoid the hordes of weekend riders at places like Perry Hill and Stowe.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Finally got my warranty replacement frame. Back in the (MTB) saddle. The neon yellow makes it go faster.

Nothing exciting to post from the Ranger today, ‘cept for this sweet parking lot view. VtF zipped away on a mtbike 7-8lbs heavier than my GG, Buttah did the 30 in not much more than I did the 17, but my wife only finished about 5 minutes ahead of me and I was solidly not DFL... so WIN! Super fun after-hang with the NE Sprockets boys and others. Good pizza, great beer, nice folks, and yeah- I’m no fan of the New Vistas plan, so more power to the folks behind this event. Goooooorgeous course- damn I love riding up here.

Name:	IMG_4735.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	585.6 KB 
ID:	238527