Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Bump- Ranger on Sunday (Tunbridge, VT)? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I missed the online pre-reg. I’m thinking about hitting it. It’s only $5 more for, day of, registration. If the weather looks choice, I’m in. Looks like a good crew already preregistered.
    crab in my shoe mouth

You've peaked my interest. This good be a good excuse to avoid my in-laws on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    You've peaked my interest. This good be a good excuse to avoid my in-laws on Sunday.
    I'm only doing the 16mile/2500' course, but I anticipate a lot of funnin'. Course is supposed to be beautiful and the party a good time.
    Look for me bringing up the rear of the pack, spinning my 40t ring up all them climbs like a mad walrus.

I'm only doing the 16mile/2500' course, but I anticipate a lot of funnin'. Course is supposed to be beautiful and the party a good time.
    Look for me bringing up the rear of the pack, spinning my 40t ring up all them climbs like a mad walrus.
    Fuck yes! 40t ain't no joke sir!

The party does look impressive. Live music, pizza, speciality co-lab beer, in cans and on tap. Sounds perfect.

https://www.therangervt.com/after-party
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Fuck yes! 40t ain't no joke sir!
    Um, 40t cog, sorry. I am no climbing dynamo.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    The party does look impressive. Live music, pizza, speciality co-lab beer, in cans and on tap. Sounds perfect.

https://www.therangervt.com/after-party
    Doooo eeet.

Um, 40t cog, sorry. I am no climbing dynamo.
    Love the forty tooth. I used a Wolf Tooth device to make more room for the derailleur. It was the first thing I did when I got the bike. Having the ability to ride, clean, up class 4 roads is a huge plus.
    34x40 is my bailout, grind it out, gear.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Love the forty tooth. I used a Wolf Tooth device to make more room for the derailleur. It was the first thing I did when I got the bike. Having the ability to ride, clean, up class 4 roads is a huge plus.
    Yes indeedy. Both the Mrs. and I got the Wolftooth Tanpan and an XT derailer to go with a big 'ol cassette. So many climbs I couldn't even look at without that set-up.

Edit: They just reopened online registration until Saturday, 3pm
    Last edited by biggins; 06-05-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Anyone familiar with Drummer hill? I might be headed to Keene this weekend and figured that’d be the spot to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Anyone familiar with Drummer hill? I might be headed to Keene this weekend and figured that’d be the spot to check out.
    PM djspookman

Yes indeedy. Both the Mrs. and I got the Wolftooth Tanpan and an XT derailer to go with a big 'ol cassette. So many climbs I couldn't even look at without that set-up.

Thanks for the heads up
    crab in my shoe mouth

18 NE - Go on, ride when it's wet

To wet for the trails so I did a 1/3 dirt, 2/3 pavement so bad I wish they would just grade it, ride.

Utley Brook looking towards Magic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0980.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	238066

Cook Brook just before the last stretch of pavement starts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0982.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	238067

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Attachment 237698

Last year was a muddy slogfest, hoping for smooth sailing this year. If you haven't been, come check us out
    Great event and course. Having our third kid at the end of the month and got talked into riding VT50 at the end of Sept? Anyone else doing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Hey Rontele! You should come up to Killington on the 16th!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Just got a 36 rear for the roadie...(34t chainring). Might even go bigger...Teton/Beartooth passes don't get easier as you get older.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey Rontele! You should come up to Killington on the 16th!
    Let me see what I can swing. I need to head up to our house at some point in the coming week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Do it. I did the long course last year, loved the course, lots of fun climbing and great roads! Overall vibe was odd though. A tad political for me; even though I get it and support what they are fighting against. Schedule conflict this year. Also trying to do less racing away from home.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    PM djspookman
    Thanks Grant. There's a LOT more to ride in the area now too.. Drummers always good, was just out there last night. Hit three of our local systems on a 30 miler last night, a little damp in the woods last night, but was fun.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Great event and course. Having our third kid at the end of the month and got talked into riding VT50 at the end of Sept? Anyone else doing it?
    There's been some significant trail building since you were there also, some real nice additions on the Outdoor Center side and a couple killer pieces added over by Stratton Brook Hut. We're at around 80 miles of riding now with about half of it singletrack

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    We're at around 80 miles of riding now with about half of it singletrack
    I gotta get out there. I feel like the CV would make for a great destination riding weekend.

I gotta get out there. I feel like the CV would make for a great destination riding weekend.
    It's so good. The trail work has been so impressive and the "work days" are really well organized and seem fairly frequent. I haven't been up since the fall but they had done a lot of work on the River side, especially making the climb to the Hut more user friendly (instead of just beelining it up Newton's revenge).

It'll be interesting to see how Allspeed does with their outdoor center location.

Hey man, that's still rad as fuq. I looked into the Tanpan to make my cross bike into a 1-by but figured it was money that I didn't need to spend on a bike that gets abused with trainer miles and commuting mostly. If I had your routes, I'd be on it instantly!

Drummer is sick, but I don't know well at all to give you a route. Seems like many of the trails are on trail forks, so should help out a bit.

Trails were a great mix of dust and pollen until this past weekend, hopefully we got some moisture back in the dirt now.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    It's so good. The trail work has been so impressive and the "work days" are really well organized and seem fairly frequent. I haven't been up since the fall but they had done a lot of work on the River side, especially making the climb to the Hut more user friendly (instead of just beelining it up Newton's revenge).

It'll be interesting to see how Allspeed does with their outdoor center location.
    Did you ride the Connector from Newton's out to Esker? Game changer for going out that way