Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1616
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Vibes
    Thanks. We are super bummed, but still hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This would work, I was a certified installer in 2003 though I might need an update.

https://presby.com
    I don't want to know!

Rode there last night. It's such a fun area to ride. Need to hit it as much as possible before we potentially lose a lot of it.

Freshly blown cold tacky dirt is muy bueno!

I can't quite get this log I made...due to being a pansy and sucking.

Since there's no snow hereabouts, trail work chops have to be maintained. This made for a tight entrance and exit to the East Fells. It is at the bottom of a fast downhill.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Thought about skiing today but no regrets about pedaling around my fatty. Temps in the teens, sun and no wind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3162.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	259149

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I got to borrow a front wheel from a friend until warehouse restocks and finally got my new singlespeed out on some trails this weekend:

I can't wait for more days on it, gonna be a great off-season shred sled.

Got out with the saw where the dozer mowed over trees on our trails today. Wasn't too bad. The tracks are frozen ruts, so we need some warmth to buff those out. Hopefully blow this weekend now that hunting season is over.

Nice day for a ride

A few people did go out and ride around here yesterday but every one of them had pretty much the same reaction, "Oh man it was greasy out there today". I saw a couple of bikes on cars absolutely covered in thick goopy mud. Today - 37* and another inch of rain (so far) and it looks like we're in for sleet and maybe an inch or two of snow tonight then back to above freezing for a few days. Fukkkk

Edit - What the fuck is wrong with my phone

A few people did go out and ride around here yesterday but every one of them had pretty much the same reaction, "Oh man it was greasy out there today". I saw a couple of bikes on cars absolutely covered in thick goopy mud. Today - 37* and another inch of rain (so far) and it looks like we're in for sleet and maybe an inch or two of snow tonight then back to above freezing for a few days. Fukkkk
    Yeah, you've had more rain and we've been just outside the snow compared to you. We're relatively dry for this time of year...but that is still damp. Tires hold the slop and it's slick on the ups. But it's been super fun!

Yup right around 65" for the year so far, top 5 wettest years on record maybe even top 3. In that I don't feel too bad, Wilmington NC went over 100" for the year today! We ended the day with 1.2" rain and .3" of sleet and snow. It's sloppy out there.

Great ride as the sun went down and snow fell. Rifle season is over so trails are groomed and all kinds of grippy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3175.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	260439

Tomorrow morning ought to be pretty good and frozen, gonna shoot for that hour or two between sunrise and warmup.

A couple of frozen morninga made for some good riding but it wasn't really frozen hard so the ground still had some give and when it got greasy all of a sudden it was really bad. Now we're looking at 3-5" of rain by late tomorrow. Looks like annual precip records will be set

Anyone have Holyoke St Forest beta. Wondering if it will be worth a field trip from VT next week as skiing looks fubar.

That Don't Make No Sense

It's really good riding right now. Line of sight, firm tacky dirt, and cool weather. Diggin' this! Except for the epic tire fails last night. One after the other...jeezuz! Sidewall fails. After the third one we bailed and went and drank beers.

^^^ Nice stone work. Looks like sick trail.

Yeah, my friend is pretty damn good with building with rocks. I call him the mason. This whole network is really fun and gets very little use which is good and bad. The good is the dirt is staying true and nobody in the way of your line. The bad is the leaves and little sticks don't get ridden in and the maintenance is constant. I don't even want to think of how many hours I have into building this network and this is the place where the bulldozer just went thru a few weeks ago. We could lose a big part of it. I'd cry if it happens.

That rain may have killed the skiing but it left crunchy, firm and crazy grippy snow behind for fat biking.

Did a 13 mile loop on local sno-mo trails. No ice to speak of and a few stretches of frozen dirt. Can’t wait to get back after it tomorrow.

Riding with the young guys is really fun. They see lines that I don't even consider.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    ^^^ Nice stone work. Looks like sick trail.
    Truth. Gonna have to schedule a business trip your way come spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Truth. Gonna have to schedule a business trip your way come spring.
    absolutely

So with the gov't shutdown does that mean that the AT is fair game for riding right now? The NPS is only covering critical spots so there shouldn't be any rangers out on patrol, right? There are a few sections around here that need to see some tires rolling over them.

Damnit. This fat biking in snow shit is fun. Still rather go skiing, but now I want ANOTHER bike. Fark. And my local trails are niiiice. This is bad, I need a new a trail bike, not a new trail bike AND a fatty. Derp.

So with the gov't shutdown does that mean that the AT is fair game for riding right now? The NPS is only covering critical spots so there shouldn't be any rangers out on patrol, right? There are a few sections around here that need to see some tires rolling over them.
    Oh it's a muthafokin' free-for-all out in the forest with the shut down. I've been logging a patch of USFS land near my place since Friday at midnight.

Not sure what the National Park Service has to do with the AT in the northeast, though.