Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    And another ~7" to add to the general sogginess that is spring around here
    We are drying out quick. I think the big melt in Feb ate most of the ground frost and it's been draining ever since. The streams are full, but the trails are suprisingly dry right now. Granted, they're a mess of downed trees and branches. Sawzall has been getting a lot of use.

Sharing for a friend in Waterbury

https://vermont.craigslist.org/bik/d...522178256.html

Any suggestions for bikes to demo for riding around MA / NH? Thinking i'll be mostly human powered

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    We are drying out quick. I think the big melt in Feb ate most of the ground frost and it's been draining ever since. The streams are full, but the trails are suprisingly dry right now. Granted, they're a mess of downed trees and branches. Sawzall has been getting a lot of use.
    It was wet until about 3 Wednesday afternoon but this wind and dry air ought to be helping dry things out. We're supposed to get a couple more inches Friday morning and possibly some more Sunday morning though I'm traveling for dirt Saturday morning if necessary.

Time to ditch the studs. Running studs up front and rubber in the back was pretty good overall for the mixed conditions we typically have. Only on a couple of rides I missed having studs out back. This was the first time I've tried this set up and will do it again.

I’m itching to get out. Central Maine is still a mess and, with the snrain coming tomorrow, it’s going to be a while longer.

I’ve got a week of vacation coming in two weeks. I’ll probably want to travel to ride. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    I’m itching to get out. Central Maine is still a mess and, with the snrain coming tomorrow, it’s going to be a while longer.

I’ve got a week of vacation coming in two weeks. I’ll probably want to travel to ride. Any ideas?
    Not quite dirt, but have you checked out the Vassalboro mill yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Not quite dirt, but have you checked out the Vassalboro mill yet?
    I haven't! I heard it's pretty cool...the last few posts I've seen said they were running random hours though. Is there a regular schedule?

Yup it's snowing again I guess ma nature just wants to make sure things stay wet and sloppy this year.

I haven't! I heard it's pretty cool...the last few posts I've seen said they were running random hours though. Is there a regular schedule?
    I think weekends tend to be irregular, but I believe they have it open Tuesday nights for the rest of the month.

18 NE - Go on, ride when it's wet

Slogged out 8 miles and 1200 vert. ft. of sno-mo trails while it was still frozen this morning. Still pretty decent coverage in the woods but not for long.

I snapped this right before riding past a homeless heroin commune/camp by the train tracks. Good times. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1840.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	231682

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Going to jump in early here, any undercover NE mags Vietnam regulars?

Looking for some mid week after work partners who wont mind waiting for my fat ass on the climbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Going to jump in early here, any undercover NE mags Vietnam regulars?

Looking for some mid week after work partners who wont mind waiting for my fat ass on the climbs.
    I haven't ridden there in 10 years, but I'd love to go if you don't mind showing me around.

Rode Big River down in RI today, impressed. Great network and easy drive from Boston. A ton of trails, did 20mi and looking at the map could have done another 20. Very surprised.

That place is pretty legit, no? There is better tech stuff further south in Arcadia.

This is a dumb question, but does anyone have a link for the 2017 ne riding thread? Trying to firm up my rides near Dartmouth in June, and there was some info in that thread...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This is a dumb question, but does anyone have a link for the 2017 ne riding thread? Trying to firm up my rides near Dartmouth in June, and there was some info in that thread...
    Boston Lot and Ascutney, what more do you need?
    Both are expansive, both rule hard.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I posted about where to find demo bikes near Dartmouth, looking for that info. Rocky Mountain, Santa Cruz or Yeti.

The best shop in that area is Mason Racing Cycles. I'm not sure what brands he stocks or demos.

Rumor has it that Bear Brook, WIllowdale, and HP are all riding. Anyone with info? I've sent a message to the North Shore Nemba people but haven't heard back (I know BB isn't in their jurisdiction)

Word is that Bath is good too. I’m gonna check it out this afternoon.

Rumor has it that Bear Brook, WIllowdale, and HP are all riding. Anyone with info? I've sent a message to the North Shore Nemba people but haven't heard back (I know BB isn't in their jurisdiction)
    Yeah, I'm sure they're all good to go. I know couple people have hit Georgetown into Willow and it looked good.

My knee is f'd again. I hate my old knees.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    That place is pretty legit, no? There is better tech stuff further south in Arcadia.

Yeah I was really surprised. I'd love to check out Arcadia next time, it fairly easy to navigate?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Word is that Bath is good too. I’m gonna check it out this afternoon.
    confirmed with a friend who lives in Bath yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    The best shop in that area is Mason Racing Cycles. I'm not sure what brands he stocks or demos.
    Would you rent a long travel 29-er or a stout 27.5 if you only had two days to ride?

I would just rent a bike, and ah, ‘rideit’.
    crab in my shoe mouth