Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Dirt was pretty nice yesterday with just a couple minor muddy spots. Ticks are out of control though, took at least 30 off the dog post ride.

Another nice afternoon near 60F before the storm

Fkna

Work a bunch this week when thing are juuuust getting dry.

Am off the next four days, just in time fort the shit weather.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by teletele View Post
    Ticks are out of control though, took at least 30 off the dog post ride.
    Yeah I'm hearing that from all over, even from bc skiers up north. I got lucky and didn't pick up any in 3 rides this week but I think it's time to brew up a fresh batch of our essential oil insect repellant cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Fkna

Work a bunch this week when thing are juuuust getting dry.

Am off the next four days, just in time fort the shit weather.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Uggh 24 hours with no electricity and it looks like Wednesday is the best case scenario to get it back. That was some nasty ass storm yesterday 😟 Trees down everywhere, power lines just laying on the ground and poles snapped off at the base all around the area. I can only imagine what the trails are going to look like when we get back out there.

Went for a little gravel bike ride here in Concord NH. Things are drying out nicely and it should be mountain bike season soon enough.

1-2' around the region ought to set us back a bit 4.5 hours of shoveling and my hands and wrist are so sore I need some recovery time anyway.

I just did 1.6 miles in 47 minutes What a cluster. Aside from the 6" of snow there were so many tree limbs and saplings down. The two noreasters were not kind to the woods. Substantial clean up when this melts.

Yup major league tree disaster going on here. Fridays storm took out power to 2 million customers, I was out for 5 days. Then yesterday another foot+ of heavy wet goo took out everything that was weakened. This whole area is like a war zone with stuff down and trees split down the middle. I think you probably made good progress compared to what it's going to be around here for a while.

Yeah, we've been lucky as I haven't lost power. Everyone around us has though. Rt 95 was shut down from a wire going across both N and S lanes this am...that's a cluster!

This morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (1).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	435.0 KB 
ID:	227678

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	227680

Got out into my lunch ride woods and it was pretty sad sight. Well, for first world problems. I'm just bummed at the amount of cleanup time its going to take vs improving and building new.

But hey I ended with some pow turns!

^^ Nice. Took the fam out for a walk. A few more laps of this zone and I'll have another spot to ride.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1324.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	950.4 KB 
ID:	227958

It's going to be fat bike season for quite a bit longer now. This is a classic March of old.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    It's going to be fat bike season for quite a bit longer now. This is a classic March of old.
    I just finished putting back together my Hightower and getting at all dialed. Oh well, back to the fatty for a bit.

Yep and looks like another one coming early next week. I'm at 3' so far this month.

Name:	KIMG1327.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	228481

Name:	KIMG1331.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	228482
    The DEC sent a quad through so we stamped out a loop utilizing it. Gonna try to get out one of the next few mornings when it's supposed to be in the teens and see how it all set up.

Snow was too deep to groom at Millstone but the VAST groomers were out in full force after the big dump. Back on the fatty on Sunday for winter part II.

Skiing been outrageously good this week but I am also jonsing for dirty singletrack. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Skiing been outrageously good this week but I am also jonsing for dirty singletrack. Anyone else?
    Yeah, I'm ready for dirt single track. I need the spin therapy to mix with the alpine ski epicness.

The bummer is the fat biking is going to go to shit pretty quick once the freeze cycles stop next week. It'll just stay mush during the slow melt.

I had so much fun skiing pow this week I cracked two ribs, won't be riding anything for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I had so much fun skiing pow this week I cracked two ribs, won't be riding anything for a bit
    Ah shit! I think I cracked one or two a couple yrs ago mtn biking. Never went to the Dr, but it added up since I was good again around 6 weeks. It's such a pia...sorry man. You should be good to go in time for some corn turns and dry single track!

Here's a resurrected old closed ski area in the Catskills High Peaks area with a new plan http://www.bearpenmountain.com/index.html I'm heading up there this weekend to check out what they've got going on and if it's as good as it looks in pictures . I heard that they groomed more miles of trail for fat bikes this week so it should be worth the trip.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 03-17-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ah shit! I think I cracked one or two a couple yrs ago mtn biking. Never went to the Dr, but it added up since I was good again around 6 weeks. It's such a pia...sorry man. You should be good to go in time for some corn turns and dry single track!
    Total PIA, it’s like the third time I’ve done this in the last ten years. Seeing the Doc is a waste of time for rib injuries, nothing they can do for it.

I hate broken ribs. Unfortunately I'm kind of used to it at this point...

Today

Name:	KIMG1332.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	228623