FS: Custom ON3P Kartel 116 (STIFF)

SOLD

It’s time to let these go as I rarely ski them and rock Billy Goats and Wrens waaaaay more.

186 Kartel 116, STIFF Custom Layup (double 6” carbon, tour profile) = can’t order these

Skied about 10 days total.

Think of them as Jib-Guns. Fastest pow skis I’ve ever had and great for big guys or people who like very stiff skis.

Skis have been drilled twice (-1cm for Guardians, on the line for STH 16 at 306 BSL)

No base damage, no edge damage, basically new. One Ptex scratch that would be fixed with a simple tune up.

Purple and fast as fuck? Yep.

I’ll even through in the cupcake skull sticker

$400

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4823.JPG 
Views:	374 
Size:	273.9 KB 
ID:	225113

Name:	IMG_4824.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	303.1 KB 
ID:	225114

Name:	IMG_4820.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	225115
    Last edited by PowTron; 02-21-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Fack, Fack FACK!!
    Dibs,

Man you guys are killing me with all the ON3P skis in the GS! So how stiff are we talking? Any comparisons to other models?

One question are these XL or XXL

Might as well start my Jackson Hole Maggot Demo Fleet.

PM coming

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Man you guys are killing me with all the ON3P skis in the GS! So how stiff are we talking? Any comparisons to other models?
    Stiff. Similar to Aever Flex on the Supergoat but in a lighter package.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    One question are these XL or XXL

Might as well start my Jackson Hole Maggot Demo Fleet.

PM coming
    Oh snap! Details sent back your way

Sorry I blacked out after the second Fack, came to with some new skis.

SOLD to the Ski Boss

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    SOLD to the Ski Boss
    why BGs and Wrens over these? puhlease compare contrast <3

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    why BGs and Wrens over these? puhlease compare contrast <3
    A general answer comparing the Kartel, Wren, and BG. I wrote a review last summer of the current ON3P line up. I’ll dig for it and link it in a future edit. I find the bigger Kartels to be a really balanced ski, that could do everything you need it to do. A candidate for a one ski quiver. Playful, easy to control, still allowing you to charge fairly hard. I find the Wren and Billygoat to be a little bit more, more specialized. The Wren directional and a little less playful. The Billygoat a little more powder specific, more directional. After trying all three back to back i was really curious to try a slightly stiffer Kartel. I like the feel and radius of the Kartel, but what if it had a little more backbone? That is why I lost my shit, blacked out and bought these before they disappeared.

- I am here for the stoke

FS: Custom ON3P Kartel 116 (STIFF)

I got to demo and compare the new BG 116 in 189, the Wren 108 in 189 and the Kartel 116 in 186 this weekend on hot summer snow. Figured I would share my thoughts while fresh for reference in the fall when we start fondling skis again.

My skiing; patroller style pushing myself and confident to ski almost anywhere, but not young enough to enjoy crashing. 30 years skiing 6'-1" 210lbs. Daily driver and baseline ski for the test, 2016 Wren 112 186cm. I like a ski that challenges me, requires input and rewards with stability.

First ski, the Wrenegade 108 189. It is more user friendly than the older Wrenegades. The tail is softer feeling to me, more forgiving, but less of a stable platform fore and aft. I did not feel as confident at speed compared to my older Wrenegades. But there are plenty of positives. Nice long edge feel while turning. Ease of turn in has improved. I recommend it for the directional skier, you just do not have to be as aggressive with it as one used to be.

The second ski, Billygoat 116 189. Not the conditions these skis were intended for, but they are not a one-trick-goat. The biggest difference I could feel from the wren, was these use the edge right under foot first, and can make a quick turn. This is where you sense they are better suited for deeper softer snow. But like Billygoats in the past when you need it the rest of the ski the tip or tail come on board very smoothly. My advice is do not be afraid to size up, it felt like a much shorter ski than 189.

Third Ski, Kartel 116 186. Do not over look this ski as a freestyle only ski. It really can be a quiver of one, that is also fun and playful. On edge the tips and tails engage more than the BG. But the tails are easy to rock back on and pop and hop over stuff. From my experience with the Jeffery 114 I do not think you are going bury the tips in deep snow.

Unfortunately after skiing these three skis the poma lift broke and i missed getting too play with any of the other skis. But my take-a-ways. I would like to ski a 191 Kartel 116, if it were just a little more aggressive I think it could replace my Wren 112 as a go to. All three of these skis have their subtle strengths, but over lap and could make a quiver of one, just geared towards your individual style. ON3P really has their line dialed in, and almost hard to figure out where to go from here. I miss the aggressive outlier of the past that challenges you and rewards you. So will be keeping a eye out for a bigger Kartel, or bigger Wren in the future.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    This is awesome. Sounds like you got your ski.! Bravo. And a great comparison. Thank you. I picked up some 186 K116s but haven't been able to ride them; broke my leg. They replaced a 190 Bibby. There is a K108 I been looking at too thinking "do you really need the 116? Maybe 108 was better idea." I've got some CT 4s at 118 and an old Rossi sickle at 110. Clearly I didn't need either the 108 or 116. I live in MT. I ski pretty basic. Kickers booters slashy stuff. Some switch but always want more. No park unless two too many beers. Qualify as the young old man category like you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums