Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Reminds me a great quote from Max Planck.

"A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."
    Oh, I'll be dead either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I guess what I'm asking is, was weather more even keeled 100 years ago and now we are more like a roller coaster?
    Research is always ongoing, but, yes, extremes are getting bigger and more anomalous. See early research on Arctic warming and the "wavy jet stream."
    https://www.pri.org/stories/2018-01-...climate-change
    https://www.nature.com/articles/srep45242
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...getting-crazy/
    https://www.findaphd.com/search/proj...spx?PJID=91176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    Climate change < Lol!
    Let me guess, you think it’s chem trails.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    Climate change < Lol! ����������������������������������
    lets hear your insight ?? let me guess you dont believe in Climate change......

I second my days on snow will be fine but have to wonder if my girls will have the same opportunities that i have been lucky to have wit h skiing.. no snow = no skiing
    Could be why i bought a boat for water skiing and such... lol
    always forward but never straight

https://xkcd.com/1732/ A nice visual.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    I was up in Placid for work yesterday and was thinking about how this 72 hour thaw will wreck the remainder of the season in the ADKs and what this kind of weather portends for the future.

Water was running high everywhere and I can only imagine what today's 65 degree weather did to the snow pack.

It's freakin February and it was in the 70s North of Albany, NY.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post
    I hear you.

I called my friends at the Spruce Lodge where I stay when I go there and they, along with all the people I talk to on the Cloudsplitter Gondola, are really concerned, too.

I'm headed up there on March 4th for a week of skiing and hoping the weather will get and stay cold.

Sent from my SM-G930T using TGR Forums mobile app
    I had no idea so many of you guys come up here to ski, ( this and other threads ) i can usually score free day passes, and I own a craft beer store . So pm if you’re heading up.

It doesn’t help things that Whiteface consistently stops making snow on Presidents’ Day. They just released plans for more lifts, a silly sideways lifts to kids campus, and they can’t save a few bucks to pay snowmakers past mid February. Or plow the freaking parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    I had no idea so many of you guys come up here to ski, ( this and other threads ) i can usually score free day passes, and I own a craft beer store . So pm if you’re heading up.

It doesn’t help things that Whiteface consistently stops making snow on Presidents’ Day. They just released plans for more lifts, a silly sideways lifts to kids campus, and they can’t save a few bucks to pay snowmakers past mid February. Or plow the freaking parking lots.
    Plan to be up on March 4 and go home on the 9th. PM sent.

Sent from my SM-G930T using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

I'm really hoping they keep the snowmaking going a couple of weeks longer this season. The current base won't hold through another thaw cycle.

It would be great to catch up. I do some work throughout the north country and try to catch a couple/ few hours before or the morning after my work is done. I will PM you next time I'm up there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app