Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by that dude who did that thing View Post
    He recommended you learn (and live) a bit more before telling the rest of us what to do.
    First of all. He didn't mention an alternative.
    Secondly, I'm in high school. I'm in the environment that we are talking about. This environment has changed since many of the older users were in high school. I would think this would offer me some validity

Make money. Buy toys.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    50 rounds annually? I go through twice that in an IDPA match each month. Then in practice add a couple hundred more. Each month or so. No wonder they severely limit use. Not enough training or practice.
    Can you read? The article says that they are allowed to purchase replacement ammo for what they shoot on the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    No one is advocating that every teacher has to have a fucking handgun.

But I know there were several teachers in all of the schools I went to that I wouldn't mind if they had a weapon to protect the students.

Obviously more guns are not the answer but we still haven't come to the solution to curing these crazy kids that want to kill everyone.
    This is an awesome idea until a brown kid pulls out his black cellphone and gets shot by the teacher that really wanted to be armed...

Then what?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    This is an awesome idea until a brown kid pulls out his black cellphone and gets shot by the teacher that really wanted to be armed...

Then what?
    if these types of teachers exist, this would be a good way to ferret them out and shit can them

why dont we just learn education from police?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

How does Disney keep their parks from being shot up? Does Mickey carry?

Just do the same in schools. Even if you ban guns today, there's gonna be enough around for a while that this unfortunately remains an issue. Take a look at best practices (Disney, Stupidbowl, etc.)
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    How does Disney keep their parks from being shot up? Does Mickey carry?

Just do the same in schools. Even if you ban guns today, there's gonna be enough around for a while that this unfortunately remains an issue. Take a look at best practices (Disney, Stupidbowl, etc.)
    your best practice examples have monetary barriers
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here it is boys

The police prison school industrial complex

I’m glad I got my grade 12

https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/s...15261282639872

wowo
    wow
    Zone Controller

How does Disney keep their parks from being shot up?
    Two ways. (1) by charging $120/day to get in, that's not gonna work in schools. (2) by banning guns and searching everyone's bags as they enter. This could work in schools, but it's expensive, and the same guys who fight against common sense gun laws, fight against spending money on public education.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

this is organic growth of the police state
    Zone Controller

your best practice examples have monetary barriers
    Priorities. Disney gets that nobody will visit if the place is unsafe. My town's school system is constantly asking for more money. They are building new offices for school admins with it now. They need more office space for the anti-bullying person, gender sensitivity person, etc.. Some towns spend big $ on their athletic programs--cut out the football program...it gives kids CTE anyway.

Priorities. Disney gets that nobody will visit if the place is unsafe. My town's school system is constantly asking for more money. They are building new offices for school admins with it now. They need more office space for the anti-bullying person, gender sensitivity person, etc.. Some towns spend big $ on their athletic programs--cut out the football program...it gives kids CTE anyway.
    ok so you are advocating for police prison schools

just like the masters want
    Zone Controller

On the contrary. Does this look like a prison?

Name:  5978a0a32e5063754a8b494c-750-562.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  83.6 KB

I send my kids to one and they will matriculate on to higher and higher levels at similar institutions. Meeting the right folks and opening the right doors to become one of the masters.

Survival of the fittest DD...
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

In almost every single mass shooting there are only two things that stop a shooting.

The shooter decides to stop.
    Police or a bystander shoot back.

That is why 90%+ of mass shootings occur in "gun free zones." It guarantees the shooter more time to kill before someone else shows up to stop them.

Those points are indisputable.

What to do about them is the question.

Telling teachers they have to carry guns is just stupid.

But banning teachers who would otherwise carry a gun is equally stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I send my kids to one and they will matriculate on to higher and higher levels at similar institutions. Meeting the right folks and opening the right doors to become one of the masters.

Survival of the fittest DD...
    wow

ive never once even thought of the word matriculate

do you not see the minds being manipulated and the police state rapidly expanding

education is donzo
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    In almost every single mass shooting there are only two things that stop a shooting.

That is why 90%+ of mass shootings occur in "gun free zones." It guarantees the shooter more time to kill before someone else shows up to stop them.

What to do about them is the question.

Telling teachers they have to carry guns is just stupid.

But banning teachers who would otherwise carry a gun is equally stupid.
    i disagree with selecting soft targets

the school is the only institution known to these kids, that is the target
    Zone Controller

Teachers don't know how to shoot guns and would probably shoot themselves. Just like anyone who is not a police officer.

Mass shooters are obviously trained experts.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

i disagree with selecting soft targets

the school is the only institution known to these kids, that is the target
    I don't disagree with your contention in the instance of school shootings perpetrated by students, but it hardly validates the idea of forcibly keeping the target as soft as possible.

I don't disagree with your contention in the instance of school shootings perpetrated by students, but it hardly validates the idea of forcibly keeping the target as soft as possible.
    ya well its a trade off

either you focus on education or security - cannot function as both

the second you harden school defenses you lose the ability to teach and learn
    Zone Controller

ya well its a trade off

either you focus on education or security - cannot function as both
    Depends... buying a rural sherrif an armored tank for his swat team in case of a school shooting instead of spending money on teachers... that would be putting security over education.

Allowing teachers to CCW if they want to and qualify doesn't sacrifice education while providing a deterrent and a *backup* piece of security.

With a threshold for a "mass killing" defined as three or more people killed, of 133 mass shootings between January 2009 and July 2015, 70 percent took place in private homes while 13 percent took place in "gun-free zones," where carrying of concealed guns were prohibited. Another 17 percent took place in public areas where the carrying of firearms are allowed.

In other cases of so called gun free zones "there’s an obvious logical problem with such a conceptualization: How can a place be a gun-free zone if guns are present?" "The implication is that rampage shooters are only deterred by armed civilians, not by armed guards and cops. But that’s an absurd suggestion." For example, Fort Hood and Washington Navy Yard, military sites attacked by gunmen, as gun-free despite the presence of armed security.

Source

Depends... buying a rural sherrif an armored tank for his swat team in case of a school shooting instead of spending money on teachers... that would be putting security over education.

Allowing teachers to CCW if they want to and qualify doesn't sacrifice education while providing a deterrent and a *backup* piece of security.
    all the rural cops already have the tanks

did you watch the video i posted

its much more than just ccw

its hardening the infrastructure of the school, the same vendors and products used to secure prisons implemented in schools alreadty
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Your points are in fact disputable.

With a threshold for a "mass killing" defined as three or more people killed,
    As of November 2017, the FBI defines a mass shooting as an incident involving "four or more people shot at once."

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    With a threshold for a "mass killing" defined as three or more people killed, of 133 mass shootings between January 2009 and July 2015, 70 percent took place in private homes while 13 percent took place in "gun-free zones," where carrying of concealed guns were prohibited. Another 17 percent took place in public areas where the carrying of firearms are allowed.

ort Hood and Washington Navy Yard, military sites attacked by gunmen, as gun-free despite the presence of armed security.

In other cases of so called gun free zones "there’s an obvious logical problem with such a conceptualization: How can a place be a gun-free zone if guns are present?" Klarevas writes. "The implication is that rampage shooters are only deterred by armed civilians, not by armed guards and cops. But that’s an absurd suggestion." For example, Fort Hood and Washington Navy Yard, military sites attacked by gunmen, as gun-free despite the presence of armed security.

Source
    I know you know what a straw man argument is.

Way to distract from the topic.

We are clearly talking about mass shootings according to the is-the-news-covering-it random tragedy, not the statistical definition that includes primarily gang related shootings and is only utilized in these debates when some anti-gunner wants to claim that mass shootings happen every day.

Or when you want to totally distract from the discussion at hand. Then you go on to imply some shit about CCW proponents implying "armed civilians" are the only deterrent when I explicitly listed police first and described voluntary CCW as A (not THE) detterent and a "backup. "Yet another strawman from you

You can be so logical in some threads, but not when you talk about guns. Here you are demonstrating no interest in a honest discussion. DD is being vastly more reasonable than you.

So STFU.

i agree with mutivers quoted author

there are no deterrents for mass shooters. none
    Zone Controller