Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Of course. Im not a bitch.
    Hell yeah.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Kid got shot 5 times locking the door to his classroom. Saving the other 20 inside.

Door was locked. Kids inside didn't get shot. Holy fucking shit.... That's amazing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...school-n849366
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Assuming someone can't use a weapon is pretty fucking dangerous.

People like you, who have no clue, will continue to think a gun is some sort of complicated tool that only police can use.
    True, guns are often designed so that they can be used by low skilled people. When I was at jump school at Fort Benning we basically had to learn how to step out of an airplane, steer a parachute by pulling on the right side rigging to turn right and the left side to turn left, execute a landing fall, and not drop your Kevlar helmet or your rifle on the way down.

After three weeks of eight hour a day training and a roughly 25% wash out rate, something like 10% of the people still got it wrong when they took their first real jumps. I saw similar results in air assault school and those Army schools are where some of the more capable recruits are being sent. While some might think reliability and accuracy are the most important criteria when it comes to guns, ease of use is arguably just as important if not more important.

The point being, there's really no way to tell, even after extensive training, how someone is going to perform in a stressful situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    So what are you doing in the padded room, kid?

At least us homeschoolers have the commonsense to not use a stupid tagline on every single TGR post we make. Since you're a highschooler, I presume you've made any real money and toys probably = a pokemon themed ninetendo, right?
    Learning how to become an augumetative, anti-social dilweed who enjoys non-consentual pictures of hot chicks, and capable of God knows what.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Learning how to become an augumetative, anti-social dilweed who enjoys non-consentual pictures of hot chicks, and capable of God knows what.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I think I'd rather catch my kid on pronhub than the padded room.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    In almost every single mass shooting there are only two things that stop a shooting.

The shooter decides to stop.
    Police or a bystander shoot back.

That is why 90%+ of mass shootings occur in "gun free zones." It guarantees the shooter more time to kill before someone else shows up to stop them.

Those points are indisputable.
    Those points are just plain wrong.

Let's see, the streets of Ennis, Montana; a Lockheed Martin factory in Mississipi; the Las Vegas strip; the Capitol Mall in D.C.; the streets of Dallas, TX; an apartment building in Kalamazoo; a Planned Parenthood clinic in CO; Fort motherfucking Hood (at least twice); the streets of Isla Vista, CA; the Washington Navy Yard; a coffee shop in Seattle, and another coffee shop in nearby Parkland; an IHOP in Carson City, NV; a truck rental joint in GA; a clothing store in a mall in Illinois; aplastics factory in Kentucky; a shopping center in Salt Lake City; te Tacoma Mall. These were not gun free zones. Your claim that the majority of mass shootings happen in gun free zones is complete and utter bullshit that you just made up.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    True, guns are often designed so that they can be used by low skilled people. When I was at jump school at Fort Benning we basically had to learn how to step out of an airplane, steer a parachute by pulling on the right side rigging to turn right and the left side to turn left, execute a landing fall, and not drop your Kevlar helmet or your rifle on the way down.

After three weeks of eight hour a day training and a roughly 25% wash out rate, something like 10% of the people still got it wrong when they took their first real jumps. I saw similar results in air assault school and those Army schools are where some of the more capable recruits are being sent. While some might think reliability and accuracy are the most important criteria when it comes to guns, ease of use is arguably just as important if not more important.

The point being, there's really no way to tell, even after extensive training, how someone is going to perform in a stressful situation.
    You were in the army.... and chose to use parachute training as your example instead of... you know... rifle training... humble brag? Or did the rifle training just go over better?

No way to know how people will react in a stressful situation. We better not let teachers drive cars either. They might hit the accelerator instead of the brakes in an emergency!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Step away from teh stupid straw, Summit, you have already drunk way too much of it.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

i dont understand why users are dancing around the juiciest topics

not only are gun free zones boring, they are not a real thing
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Teachers are not cops for christ sakes.
    My 7th grade English teacher had a full auto Uzi among other guns in his arsenal. He let us come out to his farm and shoot. Could knock down a ram sized silhouette at 200 yards with .44 revolver.

This is him. It's really hard to hit a target at 230 yards with a G23.

Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 02-21-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Summit, your comment about gun free zones is definitely disputable. I’ve read / skimmed various studies over the yrs. depending on how ‘gun free zone’ and ‘mass shooting’ are defined, stats point to different conclusions.

Everytown for Gun Safety found that among 133 mass shootings between January 2009 and July 2015, 70 percent took place in private homes while 13 percent took place in "gun-free zones," where carrying of concealed guns were prohibited. Another 17 percent took place in public areas where the carrying of firearms are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    You were in the army.... and chose to use parachute training as your example instead of... you know... rifle training... humble brag? Or did the rifle training just go over better?

No way to know how people will react in a stressful situation. We better not let teachers drive cars either. They might hit the accelerator instead of the brakes in an emergency!
    Rifle training was pretty comical too but not very stressful, even when simulated stress was added. My takeaway from that experience was guns are a pain in the ass. Even though using live ammunition has a certain appeal, after a long day you have to sit around interminably cleaning the things, going through multiple inspections, instead of doing something, anything, else. Overall it was mostly boring.

Nice example of a strawman on your second point. I apologize for insinuating earlier that you don't know what that is.

see

spread like fire

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...hers-with-guns

big money at play
    Zone Controller

one of the wealthiest suburbs in MN ORONO school is on lockdown !

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/0...at-no-intruder
    Zone Controller

you disrupt the us educational system and the us economy falls HARD

the question is whether everything is organic or manufactured, a mixture of both i assume but i may be wrong

the russians operations are so sophisticated who knows
    Zone Controller

Zone Controller

Even if you arm the teachers, lock the doors, etc, the targets will simply change to softer targets. Football games, parking lots... anywhere people congregate. Soon you'll be arming everyone...that's the problem with this logic. It does effectively nothing but put more guns in circulation and discourages the one thing they supposedly protect: Freedom.

And before anyone blows a gasket, I own a lot of guns. But I can also think critically.

Teachers are about as fucked up as gen pop. (IMO, based on my work disciplining teachers for misconduct for the last 16 years)

Guns in hands of teachers at schools means that the nutballs who are teachers will be legally armed on the job. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Even if you arm the teachers, lock the doors, etc, the targets will simply change to softer targets. Football games, parking lots... anywhere people congregate. Soon you'll be arming everyone...that's the problem with this logic. It does effectively nothing but put more guns in circulation and discourages the one thing they supposedly protect: Freedom.

And before anyone blows a gasket, I own a lot of guns. But I can also think critically.
    Critical analysis
    Zone Controller

Aren’t teachers heavily liberal? Like 80-90%?
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Can you read? The article says that they are allowed to purchase replacement ammo for what they shoot on the range.
    Yes dear I can read quite well. The fact that a standard quantity is so ridiculously low points to the fact that the standard for Ammo use is low. Too low to provide any measure of accuracy. If there was a real desire for these people to be competent the 'annual' quantity would be much higher.

Set the standard low and never exceed it. Seems to be the MO in too many areas these days.

will armed teachers destroy the us educational system

Omg nobody gives a shit about your trivial gun faggotry. Deethroating your sig saur metal dick.
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    With a threshold for a "mass killing" defined as three or more people killed, of 133 mass shootings between January 2009 and July 2015, 70 percent took place in private homes while 13 percent took place in "gun-free zones," where carrying of concealed guns were prohibited. Another 17 percent took place in public areas where the carrying of firearms are allowed.

In other cases of so called gun free zones "there’s an obvious logical problem with such a conceptualization: How can a place be a gun-free zone if guns are present?" "The implication is that rampage shooters are only deterred by armed civilians, not by armed guards and cops. But that’s an absurd suggestion." For example, Fort Hood and Washington Navy Yard, military sites attacked by gunmen, as gun-free despite the presence of armed security.

Source
    Military bases have armed guards at the gates. And don't inspect all vehicles. Personnel inside aren't allowed to be armed. Most ridiculous rule put in place during the Clinton administration if I remember correctly. Therefore the Muslim knew he'd have free reign once inside. And he did. And conducted jihiad.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    gun free zones is a myth

its just signage

i assume people that live in fear carry a gun everywhere all the time

half the country lives in fear
    Fear everywhere! When's the last time there was a fire in a school? Can't find one eh? Then why have fire drills, spend on fire extinguishers, hoses, etc. what a waste for an event that never happens. Buy more books.

Have a spare tire? Water, shovel, food, blanket in the car? Car insurance? Renters insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Military bases have armed guards at the gates. And don't inspect all vehicles. Personnel inside aren't allowed to be armed. Most ridiculous rule put in place during the Clinton administration if I remember correctly.
    You do not "remember correctly." At least since the 1970s you have not been able to carry firearms, privately owned or government, on military installations unless directly supervising security or law enforcement activities, for training, or when facing a direct military threat i.e. a war zone.

In 1992, when Bush was president, the Department of Defense issued a directive related to firearms for military personnel. That directive replaced an earlier one from 1986.

The 1992 directive, signed by then-Deputy Secretary of Defense Donald Atwood, didn’t outright ban military personnel from carrying weapons. Instead, it said that only certain employees could carry weapons, including those who worked in law enforcement, security and prisons. The directive also did not apply in certain situations, such as in war zones. Those who have opposed this policy have sometimes referred to it as a Clinton-era policy because the Army did release a regulation that implemented the Defense Department directive in March 1993, two months after Clinton took office.

Steven Bucci, a military expert for the Heritage Foundation and former Army colonel, said the policy about firearms existed for decades before Clinton, or Bush for that matter.

"As far back as when I joined the military in 1973, and probably further back, you have never been able to carry firearms, privately owned or government, on military installations. You always had to register it with the MP's and keep them locked in the arms rooms," he said, referring to military police.

Bucci has disputed previous claims that President Clinton "disarmed" the military.

"No one ‘disarmed’ the military -- the military itself prefers to manage good order and discipline by not having everyone armed,"

Source