Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    salon shouldnt even be printing the words

the words are all that are needed to shape minds - a simple glance at a few words and you are conditioned
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

My mind is shaped like a turnip. Just sayin'.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    My mind is shaped like a turnip. Just sayin'.
    perfect
    Zone Controller

No one is advocating that every teacher has to have a fucking handgun.

But I know there were several teachers in all of the schools I went to that I wouldn't mind if they had a weapon to protect the students.

Obviously more guns are not the answer but we still haven't come to the solution to curing these crazy kids that want to kill everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    No one is advocating that every teacher has to have a fucking handgun.

But I know there were several teachers in all of the schools I went to that I wouldn't mind if they had a weapon to protect the students.

Obviously more guns are not the answer but we still haven't come to the solution to curing these crazy kids that want to kill everyone.
    pretty close to that

every school needs tom berringer
    Zone Controller

Not arming teachers, or at least armed guards is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Except now you have no knife and will die trying to use your body as a human shield.

Obviously it is smarter to only arm and train the staff that want to be armed and training those that don't with some simple self defense.

Fight crime, Shoot back

Make money. Buy toys.

Mandatory Russian Roulette for bad grades.
    Our kids would pwn the hodl on the Indians and Chinese in brain power.

Israeli teachers being armed seems to be a myth. There are armed guards to protect against terrorists/freedom fighters (your choice) in vulnerable areas, mainly the West Bank/Palestine (your choice again).
    http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsIte...2/Default.aspx

Israel gun laws--from wikipedia: Gun laws in Israel are comprehensive despite soldiers being allowed to carry their service weapons on or off duty. Civilians must obtain a firearms licence to lawfully acquire, possess, sell or transfer firearms and ammunition.

Only a small group of people are eligible for firearms licenses: certain retired military personnel, police officers or prison guards; residents of frontier towns (in the West Bank and the Golan Heights) or those who often work in such towns; and licensed hunters and animal-control officers. Age requirements vary: 20 or 21 for those who completed military service or civil service equivalent, 27 otherwise, and 45 for non-citizens. Firearm license applicants must have been a resident of Israel for at least three consecutive years, pass a background check (criminal, health, and mental history), establish a genuine reason for possessing a firearm (such as self-defense, hunting, or sport), and pass a weapons-training course.[51] Around 40% of applications for firearms permits are rejected.[52]

Those holding firearms licenses must renew them and pass a shooting course every three years, and undergo psychological assessment at least once every six years. Security guards must pass these tests to renew their license to carry firearms belonging to their employers.[53] Applicants must demonstrate that they have a safe at their residence in which to keep the firearm. Permits are given only for personal use, and holders for self-defense purposes may own only one handgun and purchase an annual supply of 50 cartridges (although more may be purchased to replace rounds used at a firing range).[54]

In addition to private licenses of firearms, organizations can issue carry-licenses to their members or employees for activity related to that organization (e.g. security companies, shooting clubs, other workplaces). Members of officially recognized shooting clubs (e.g.: practical shooting, Olympic shooting) are eligible for personal licenses allowing them to possess additional firearms (small bore rifles, handguns, air rifles and air pistols) and ammunition after demonstrating a need and fulfilling minimum membership time and activity requirements. Unlicensed individuals who want to engage in practice shooting are allowed supervised use of handguns at firing ranges.

Most individuals who are licensed to possess handguns may carry them loaded in public, concealed or openly.[51]

In 2005, there were 237,000 private citizens and 154,000 security guards licensed to carry firearms. Another 34,000 Israelis own guns illegally due to their failure to renew their firearms license.[55][56] In 2007, there were estimated to be 500,000 licensed small arms held by civilians, in addition to 1,757,500 by the military, and 26,040 by the police.[57][58]

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog325 View Post
    Not arming teachers, or at least armed guards is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Except now you have no knife and will die trying to use your body as a human shield.

Obviously it is smarter to only arm and train the staff that want to be armed and training those that don't with some simple self defense.

Fight crime, Shoot back

Make money. Buy toys.
    It’s a free country, I’m within my rights
    Every child should have a weapon and a ton of dynamite
    My hand is steady, my eyes cold
    The voice inside my head keeps saying ‘Do as you are told’

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Israeli teachers being armed seems to be a myth. There are armed guards to protect against terrorists/freedom fighters (your choice) in vulnerable areas, mainly the West Bank/Palestine (your choice again).

Israel gun laws--from wikipedia: Gun laws in Israel are comprehensive despite soldiers being allowed to carry their service weapons on or off duty. Civilians must obtain a firearms licence to lawfully acquire, possess, sell or transfer firearms and ammunition.

Only a small group of people are eligible for firearms licenses: certain retired military personnel, police officers or prison guards; residents of frontier towns (in the West Bank and the Golan Heights) or those who often work in such towns; and licensed hunters and animal-control officers. Age requirements vary: 20 or 21 for those who completed military service or civil service equivalent, 27 otherwise, and 45 for non-citizens. Firearm license applicants must have been a resident of Israel for at least three consecutive years, pass a background check (criminal, health, and mental history), establish a genuine reason for possessing a firearm (such as self-defense, hunting, or sport), and pass a weapons-training course.[51] Around 40% of applications for firearms permits are rejected.[52]

Those holding firearms licenses must renew them and pass a shooting course every three years, and undergo psychological assessment at least once every six years. Security guards must pass these tests to renew their license to carry firearms belonging to their employers.[53] Applicants must demonstrate that they have a safe at their residence in which to keep the firearm. Permits are given only for personal use, and holders for self-defense purposes may own only one handgun and purchase an annual supply of 50 cartridges (although more may be purchased to replace rounds used at a firing range).[54]

In addition to private licenses of firearms, organizations can issue carry-licenses to their members or employees for activity related to that organization (e.g. security companies, shooting clubs, other workplaces). Members of officially recognized shooting clubs (e.g.: practical shooting, Olympic shooting) are eligible for personal licenses allowing them to possess additional firearms (small bore rifles, handguns, air rifles and air pistols) and ammunition after demonstrating a need and fulfilling minimum membership time and activity requirements. Unlicensed individuals who want to engage in practice shooting are allowed supervised use of handguns at firing ranges.

Most individuals who are licensed to possess handguns may carry them loaded in public, concealed or openly.[51]

In 2005, there were 237,000 private citizens and 154,000 security guards licensed to carry firearms. Another 34,000 Israelis own guns illegally due to their failure to renew their firearms license.[55][56] In 2007, there were estimated to be 500,000 licensed small arms held by civilians, in addition to 1,757,500 by the military, and 26,040 by the police.[57][58]
    Good intel. A military state
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

50 rounds annually? I go through twice that in an IDPA match each month. Then in practice add a couple hundred more. Each month or so. No wonder they severely limit use. Not enough training or practice.

will armed teachers destroy the us educational system

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    home school, son.
    Well you better get some maps and markers, the legislation is already drafter in the bottom tier states and current money seems to be aimed at arming teachers.

I just realized that commercial mass media functions similar to the stock market. Big fish can buy wealth
    Zone Controller

Here it is boys

The police prison school industrial complex

I’m glad I got my grade 12

https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/s...15261282639872

wowo
    Last edited by digitaldeath; 02-21-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    Zone Controller

Fight crime, Shoot back

Make money. Buy toys.
    Everything wrong in our society in two lines.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    home school, son.
    We have a winner.

If you want a good little sheep that will do what they are told, public school is great. Arming teachers will prepare the sheep to do their part.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    We have a winner.

If you want a good little sheep that will do what they are told, public school is great. Arming teachers will prepare the sheep to do their part.
    Or you could roll roll the dice and try to homeschool a kid that isn't socially awkward. Not to mention its a significant fiscal burden and not an option for the marginalized.

It will work for the white and well off.... as most ideas generated in this homogenized thinktank.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Or you could roll roll the dice and try to homeschool a kid that isn't socially awkward. Not to mention its a significant fiscal burden and not an option for the marginalized.

It will work for the white and well off.... as most ideas generated in this homogenized thinktank.
    Actually, homeschooling is very beneficial for families of color and is becoming a much more popular option.

http://www.blackenterprise.com/more-...to-homeschool/

Also, the socially awkward thing is mostly a myth.

https://www.intoxicatedonlife.com/20...nt-socialized/

It has nothing to do with rolling the dice. As a homeschool parent it is your responsibility to ensure that your child spends time socializing. Most homeschool kids spend more time socializing with wider age groups and so they tend to act a bit different than their peers. This isn't a bad thing IMO.

I'm still in hs, and everyone that I know who was home schooled all before hs or even just middle school, was generally socially awkward. Some of them are still on the weird side but some have snapped out of it and are a bit more normal. Not saying either is better

Make money. Buy toys.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Everything wrong in our society in two lines.
    So instead of shooting back you'll just let them shoot you? Makes sense 🤔🤔🤔😂😂

Make money. Buy toys.

I'm still in hs,

So instead of shooting back you'll just let them shoot you? Makes sense 🤔🤔🤔😂😂

Make money. Buy toys.
    Stay in school kid. You have a long way to go.

So yeah, give the teachers guns and see how many other innocent people get shot when trained cops cannot even hit their targets.

According to a 2008 RAND Corporation study evaluating the New York Police Department’s firearm training, between 1998 and 2006, the average hit rate during gunfights was just 18 percent. When suspects did not return fire, police officers hit their targets 30 percent of the time.
    I'll just wait here for the pro internet shooters to tell me how great of a shot they are...at the local range.

In Los Angeles, where there are far fewer shots discharged, the police fired 67 times in 2006 and had 27 hits, a 40 percent hit rate, which, while better than New York’s, still shows that they miss targets more often they hit them.
    “You take Olympic shooters, and they practice all the time, and they can hit a fly off a cow’s nose from 100 yards,” said Mr. Cerar, the retired commander. “But if you put a gun in that cow’s hand, you will get a different reaction from the Olympic shooter.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/we...w/09baker.html

So Jackstraw, instead of shooting back, what do you recommend?

Make money. Buy toys.

So Jackstraw, instead of shooting back, what do you recommend?

Make money. Buy toys.
    He recommended you learn (and live) a bit more before telling the rest of us what to do.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

It's less about shooting back and more about putting a little bit of respectful fear into the students. It would be a lot less tempting to bring a gun to school if you knew your teachers had a gun sitting in a finger print access drawer or around their waist. One police officer in a school of 1000 or more people isn't doing much.

I recognize that arming teachers sounds like it could turn into a military state where teachers force conformity out of fear and intimidation, but that seems like a bit of a slippery slope argument. Good teachers are passionate about their jobs and about learning, and having a gun by their side wouldn't change that. It would only allow to be more confident about the safety of their students

Quote Originally Posted by 3j3j3j View Post
    It's less about shooting back and more about putting a little bit of respectful fear into the students. It would be a lot less tempting to bring a gun to school if you knew your teachers had a gun sitting in a finger print access drawer or around their waist. One police officer in a school of 1000 or more people isn't doing much.

I recognize that arming teachers sounds like it could turn into a military state where teachers force conformity out of fear and intimidation, but that seems like a bit of a slippery slope argument. Good teachers are passionate about their jobs and about learning, and having a gun by their side wouldn't change that. It would only allow to be more confident about the safety of their students
    You must have missed the video of the police prison school. Take a peek
    Zone Controller