Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Good thing I have ad blocker so I cant watch or hear.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    In other news......Drunk Korean Spectator Scored 53.0 After Falling Into The Pipe

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...0-Falling-Pipe
    The funniest shit I've seen on this thread... great share!
    https://GearLobo.com
    "Good things come to those who bait"
    My greatest fear is that after I die, my wife will sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by core2 View Post
    The Olympics are a joke and stories like this just prove it. As far as the US goes, maybe if our "athletes" were doing less Visa commercials and more training they would have some more medals.
    On the one hand you think the Olympics are a joke. On the other you bemoan the fact that we aren't winning more medals. Do you see the irony? And how do you think they pay for the training?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    "If Andy Kaufman was still around, this is pretty much what he would have done".
    Indeed. This was a missed opportunity to make the world a more humorous place. That run should have ended with a huge claim, helmet thrown into the crowd, etc.
    Just ring the fucking bell, you pansy.

Watch the documentary on Netflix, "Icarus" about Russian doping. The head Russian that ran the lab in Sochi that made sure Russian athletes did not test positive is in the witness protection here in the U.S. World anti doping organization recommended that Russia not be permitted to attend the Rio games. Of course the IOC rejected that and let them compete. If you watch it you realize what a joke the IOC is.

they should've given her a medal for " Trying Her Best "
    so inspiring

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Man, what a vapid entitled c**t. Classic trusty weirdo who "works" in tech in (insert SF, Austin, NYC). Did she grow up riding horses too?

Have We Talked About Elizabeth Swaney Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

Man, what a vapid entitled c**t. Classic trusty weirdo who "works" in tech in (insert SF, Austin, NYC). Did she grow up riding horses too?
    She sounds like a complete psycho. And fuck the media for giving this vapid entitled C air time.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 02-25-2018 at 10:07 AM.

She's trying to minimize the damage, and acting like she has been trying to improve and learn some tricks, but that bullshit. She would have pushed herself a little harder in the pipe if that was the case. Instead she just wanted to finish standing so she could claim "Olympian" when she starts working the "inspirational life coach" circuit
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Have We Talked About Elizabeth Swaney Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    She's trying to minimize the damage, and acting like she has been trying to improve and learn some tricks, but that bullshit. She would have pushed herself a little harder in the pipe if that was the case. Instead she just wanted to finish standing so she could claim "Olympian" when she starts working the "inspirational life coach" circuit
    She seems like the same type of person as Dr K. who claims he skied the 14ers in one year, faster than Dav but without skiing from the summit of a number of them during his attempt, and got all uppity when the CO mountaineering community called him out on it. Yet he still does the circuit acting like he’s the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    She seems like the same type of person as Dr K. who claims he skied the 14ers in one year, faster than Dav but without skiing from the summit of a number of them during his attempt, and got all uppity when the CO mountaineering community called him out on it. Yet he still does the circuit acting like he’s the best ever.
    This country no longer has any shame.
    get paid

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Sadly, I have not been able to find her run online that isn't blocked due to it being copywrite, or not available in my region (Japan). Can someone more web-savvy than I help me find one I can watch? It is torture not being able to watch what everyone is talking about!
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Sadly, I have not been able to find her run online that isn't blocked due to it being copywrite, or not available in my region (Japan). Can someone more web-savvy than I help me find one I can watch? It is torture not being able to watch what everyone is talking about!

You aren’t missing much. She just goes up the walls and catches 2 inches of air

FWIW, the men XC skiers from Mexico, Tonga and Columbia were equally unqualified to be in a world class field. All 3 finished more than 23 minutes behind the winner in the 15km freestyle. There are 75 y.o. Swedish and Norwegian grandmothers who ski faster than that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    FWIW, the men XC skiers from Mexico, Tonga and Columbia were equally unqualified to be in a world class field. All 3 finished more than 23 minutes behind the winner in the 15km freestyle. There are 75 y.o. Swedish and Norwegian grandmothers who ski faster than that.
    Guarantee those skiers are 1000X the athlete she is. She's a self-important hack.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

yah, anything by NBC is regional and can't be seen here in Japan. I need a dodgier source

www.poachninja.com

What about just entering Liz Swaney Half Pipe into the YouTube search?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

yah, anything by NBC is regional and can't be seen here in Japan. I need a dodgier source
    Sorry, use a proxy?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Guarantee those skiers are 1000X the athlete she is
    Nah. The last 3 XC skiers' times in the 15km skate are akin to running a 45 minute flat road 10K. They got in because they are from underrepresented countries.
    Last edited by OldSteve; 02-26-2018 at 12:41 PM.

yah, it was all blocked through legit means but one of my buds did it through a proxy so I finally saw it. The run wasn't what made the clip, it was the commentators not really knowing how to pitch it. Elizibeth is going up the right wall for a nice... trying to get over top of the wall... going for a safety.... opting for another... just cruising up to the top of the wall, showing the judges she can make it through this halfpipe clean...

I really have to give it to the commentators for holding it together and almost sounding like they weren't actually thinking "WTF?!"

www.poachninja.com

yah, it was all blocked through legit means but one of my buds did it through a proxy so I finally saw it. The run wasn't what made the clip, it was the commentators not really knowing how to pitch it. Elizibeth is going up the right wall for a nice... trying to get over top of the wall... going for a safety.... opting for another... just cruising up to the top of the wall, showing the judges she can make it through this halfpipe clean...

I really have to give it to the commentators for holding it together and almost sounding like they weren't actually thinking "WTF?!"
    The commentators I thought did a great job with her.

She's interesting, in that she's better than probably 90% of the ski instructors at many areas. She clearly worked a little. She seems slightly "off" and probably had a very odd upbringing, and didn't do herself any favors by agreeing to be interviewed. Why she didn't get just that little bit better to look a bit more credible probably is part of the odd upbringing.

But she's a pull-up machine
    get paid

Regarding what people are saying about inclusion, if she had actually grown up in Hungary I would respect her more in the spirit of small country representation, but I am having a very hard time seeing this as anything other than loophole jumping (figuratively, not literally; she can't ski that well). Is she really interested in halfpipe skiing or did she just do that event as a means to an end? I know she can do what she wants if it's technically possible, but I grew up in a small Asian country without any competitive trick skiers and if I was offered the same opportunity as her with my current ability level I would decline it in a heartbeat. I might change my mind, however, if I also had the opportunity to do intensive training camps every season until 2022 and could at least do inverts by then.