Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    This is an embarrassment. I had no idea what you all were talking about and finally got a chance to watch the video. There are Olympic athletes and then there are these pos attention seekers. I can't decide who this is worse for, the US or Hungary? People spend their lives for a fleeting moment to compete at the Olympics. I can't express to words how bad this is. I have seen 5-6 year olds at my local hill take more effort and training into a run. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    I think I may try it when I go to whistler. I'll see you guys in Beijing in 4 years
    You and mbillie1. That's the beauty of the winter 'olympics' you can find sports like this with 6 other guys in the world that do it and have a shot at a podium. This isn't the 100m sprint at the real Olympics. How many qualifying heats get run for that? Shot put has to have at least 10000x the number of competitive participants as luge .

Bobsled. Mixed doubles curling. Holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Thats Bobsleigh.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
    This doesn't surprise me you trolling dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i read a bit of an interview where she bemoaned her performance "because she worked so hard" and that she (along with the other "powerful" women) wanted to be an inspiration for others. she was proud to be one of only 26 in the world who qualified
    Well, I defended her in the Olympics thread, but if she has the audacity to call what she did anything more than a goof she's lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    if you guys think that was bad wait til you see my skeleton luge attempt
    Stole a tray from the cafeteria did ya?

Yea she sucks but would you expect anything less from the IOC? The IOC released a mindless statement about something called Universality, whatever the hell that means. The whole banning Russia and then allowing them to compete as OAR is a far bigger joke. You either ban them or your don't for what Russia did in Sochi. Must be bad when a Curler gets caught doping...

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Maybe mentioned earlier but apparently she's been determined to be an Olympian for quite some time and has tried figure skating, ice hockey and skeleton during her quest and started skiing in 2011
    And cheerleading...don't forget cheerleading!

It's not a medal event in the Olympics? How did the IOC miss out on this money grab?????
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

"After Olympics Halfpipe Run, Armada Decides To Pay Elizabeth Swaney To Ride Other Skis"

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...aney-Ride-Skis

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    "After Olympics Halfpipe Run, Armada Decides To Pay Elizabeth Swaney To Ride Other Skis"

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...aney-Ride-Skis
    Don't know if that story is true, but I gotta admit, when I first saw the photo (and the video) I wondered how the folks at Armada felt about it.

She was just on NBC talking about this.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    ...She either has it engrained to go for long shot goals or she is an attention hound. If she goes back to her day job after this, seems like its the former. If she does a reality TV show or posts lot on Twitter seems like the later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    She was just on NBC talking about this.
    I guess that answers your question.

See what happens? She's getting exactly the kind of attention she desires. There truly is no such thing as bad publicity.

Maybe US men's hockey team next time.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    she's an embarrassment but having no shame makes money these days.
    Winner

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Is the root problem a lack of half pipes around the world? A quick search says within a few hours of my house there is 3 but probably 50 ski areas. They used to be more numerous before the whole park concept got rolling. Almost every little ski area has an accessible race team and and a park with jumps and features but no pipe.

The drought crushed pipe in Tahoe. Squaw used to have two. Can't remember the last time Heav had a pipe either.

In other news......Drunk Korean Spectator Scored 53.0 After Falling Into The Pipe

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...0-Falling-Pipe
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    In other news......Drunk Korean Spectator Scored 53.0 After Falling Into The Pipe

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...0-Falling-Pipe
    I laughed out loud.

Still, some tits on her, even though the face is scary.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Yea she sucks but would you expect anything less from the IOC? The IOC released a mindless statement about something called Universality, whatever the hell that means. The whole banning Russia and then allowing them to compete as OAR is a far bigger joke. You either ban them or your don't for what Russia did in Sochi. Must be bad when a Curler gets caught doping...
    They were supposed to let OAR athletes bear their Russian flag in the closing ceremony as a way of saying - starting the next chapter.
    Maybe they fly a "TBD" flag instead.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Is the root problem a lack of half pipes around the world? A quick search says within a few hours of my house there is 3 but probably 50 ski areas. They used to be more numerous before the whole park concept got rolling. Almost every little ski area has an accessible race team and and a park with jumps and features but no pipe.
    Yep, my hill used to have one... long gone. Story told was that it was too expensive to build and maintain. Shame, it was a lot of fun.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

The Olympics are a joke and stories like this just prove it. As far as the US goes, maybe if our "athletes" were doing less Visa commercials and more training they would have some more medals.

The nearly universally negative feedback she is getting is awesome, her name will be tainted in google searches, probably not the outcome she was hoping for.

Not comparable to Eddie or the Jamaican bobsled team, GS skiers from Ghana etc. This idiot had the resources to improve and in 5 years could barely manage to ride up the pipe and do an alley-oop? Pathetic.

Holy shit. First time I've heard her talk. @ 4:00 or so she starts. I lasted 20 seconds.
    My ears!
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda