Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh, the irony

Oh, the irony

This was displayed outside a Pendleton store in the mini mall at the base of Big Sky. 270 dollars. For that, I would want a half ounce of weed in the pocket. Funny thing, there was an overweight bearded hipster dude sitting a few feet away wearing it, drinking a latte, and staring at his phone. He was being pointed at.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180214_103639-01.jpeg 
Views:	241 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	224598

Is it wool? I only wear naturally sourced organic fabrics.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Name:	b7bf3486982e4cc43532e60a741155a7_XL-01.jpeg 
Views:	222 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	224599

Pendleton makes some really nice wool stuff. But they're proud of it and the prices reflect that.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

You didn't find the shop selling furs weirder with the fur dyed clown costume colors? Just walking by that fur shop on my way to take a leak in the men's room skives me out. I used to have a Pendelton wool shirt from a thrift store that lasted for years

Imagine how much it would have cost if it we're gluten-free

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This was displayed outside a Pendleton store in the mini mall at the base of Big Sky. 270 dollars. For that, I would want a half ounce of weed in the pocket. Funny thing, there was an overweight bearded hipster dude sitting a few feet away wearing it, drinking a latte, and staring at his phone. He was being pointed at.

Pendleton products are well worth the price, IMO. The original and still operating mill is located just 50 miles from me. They have an outlet store - AWESOME! Love going there.

Here's a great video on a family that has been providing fiber to Pendleton Woolen Mills for 5 generations:

https://www.facebook.com/matt.mastra...4078211887558/
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

That's a nice piece although not my style. I wear a Pendleton board shirt or trail shirt most days this time of year. I always get 'em on sale, sometimes blems from the Washougal factory store. They are NAFTA shirts: USA wool, USA milled fabric, sewn in Mexico, no tariffs, deal keeps old fabric mill jobs in U.S.

The Dude's pants are a little cheaper: https://www.amazon.com/Lebowski-Dude.../dp/B071YJN3B5

I bet Benny entered the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I bet Benny entered the contest.
    Well they're playing his song: "No Purchase Necessary"

I experienced the same event! Walked into the Mtn Mall, saw that sweater and honestly was like holy fuck I want that sweater. Walked around the corner and BOOM, hipster sitting there drinking coffee wearing the sweater.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

@regct: Dude you just missed seeing Benny - hell maybe you did see him. Were there any old guys around who reeked of breakfast meats?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @regct: Dude you just missed seeing Benny - hell maybe you did see him. Were there any old guys around who reeked of breakfast meats?
    The whole place reeks of shitty burritos. I even checked out the price tag. I may have been the guy pointing at the guy.

You know Jeff Bridges owns a place in MT. Might have been the Dude...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Pendleton gear is awesome, and those sweaters must have 8 pounds of wool in them. I've been looking for one for a long time (but not at $270, I just want it as part of a Dude costume for halloween).

Somebody gave me a Pendleton Board Shirt and I fucking love that thing. Makes my fat look goooooood.
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

BTW, Benny, I don't think what you described is irony. It's coincidence, certainly, but the idea that a shop in the Big Sky mall is selling an overpriced sweater, and then some dude is sitting in said mall wearing the same overpriced sweater is not, I think, irony.

Can we get a ruling here?
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

Quote Originally Posted by that dude who did that thing View Post
    BTW, Benny, I don't think what you described is irony. It's coincidence, certainly, but the idea that a shop in the Big Sky mall is selling an overpriced sweater, and then some dude is sitting in said mall wearing the same overpriced sweater is not, I think, irony.

Irony. Dude didn't have $270. Was this a troll or you trying to be ironic?
    Last edited by jono; 02-17-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by that dude who did that thing View Post

You're missing the whole point. Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    I experienced the same event! Walked into the Mtn Mall, saw that sweater and honestly was like holy fuck I want that sweater. Walked around the corner and BOOM, hipster sitting there drinking coffee wearing the sweater.

This is very weird. Cosmic circumstances. Dude.

Dude!

New shit has come to light.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

How is the free breakfast scene in Big Sky?
    I still call it The Jake.

Dude didn't buy his sweater. He stole ("borrowed") it from the bowling alley lost & found

270 dollars. For that, I would want a half ounce of weed in the pocket.
    Dude. Here in the great state of Montana we call that well on your way to the second ounce. Almost three if you're down with cosmetically challenged.