Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    I mean, running shoes are as personal as a ski boot, and the wrong shoe can fuck you up just as fast as a bad boot fit. So if you have running specialty near you, take advantage of it.

That said, my sordid past includes working in a running store... I supinate on one foot and use superfeet to even things out. If you underpronate a curved last with plenty of flex/grooves should help. I currently run in Nike Pegasus because I get them for free, but they are light, medium cush and have a real outsole that wonít deform if you have a janky footstrike/push-off. Iíll admit I donít keep up with the free line anymore.

For similar options check out the Adidas Adizero Boston or Adios (Boston will be more versatile)... I always had a lot of luck putting soccer dudes in those. Iím a huge fan of the ASICS Gel DS trainer, and the ex-boss likes the Mizuno Shadow, especially if you use any kind of insert.

With the exception of the Pegasus, these are all pretty firm shoes thatíll play well on mondo or cinder... you might feel it on asphalt.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I decided to try the Nike Streak LT 4s. Tried them on locally and loved the way they felt. Very little padding. Essentially a racing flat. I think they'll work for the track but not sure if I can pull off road runs in them - though I'll bet I do that fewer than 8 times per year. Chose them over the NB 1400 due to price and fit - Nike's were super cheap. 1400s are more versatile though.

We shall see. They were out of my size so I had to order them.

Which running shoes?

Thinking I may challenge my Achilles & Calf issues w some tentative return to running. Looking for shoe recs

Narrow, pronated, Flat feet. Asics Gel Kayano were my go to back in the day, but no idea what's good now
    Last edited by mcski; 07-10-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    I mean, running shoes are as personal as a ski boot, and the wrong shoe can fuck you up just as fast as a bad boot fit. So if you have running specialty near you, take advantage of it. ...
    ^^^ this cannot be overemphasized ^^^

It can probably mess you up worse than a bad boot fit.

...Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I've had Plantar fascitis from buying shitty runners that I had to take a year off for

IME what you save on cheap/wrong shoes can get eaten up in physio and it hurts too
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Which running shoes?

^^^this QFT....was doing a couple marathons a year.....along with 5 and 10Kís...got a real bad case of PF a couple years back from trying to wear those Nike Frees....havenít run even a 5K since.

Last summer broke my foot, so this is the first summer in awhile my feet are actually feeling pretty good...but only for a few miles. Learned my lesson from the Nike Free disaster, I now go to a ďRunning StoreĒ in town and they have me in some Saucony, which are feeling good so far albeit only for about 30 minutes.